Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The wife thinks 420.

But then shes just always on my case

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    ...I imagine sober folks laugh about what they see and hear around drinking people.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree. People are funny whjen they're high, but I find drunks annoying and over-bearing. When I'm sober, I don't like being around drinkers AT ALL, but I don't mind stoners.

And, I'm confident that sober people find me annoying and over-bearing...verdict still out regarding the necessity of alcohol.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Back in college in 1970 or so the dean of men (do colleges still have a dean of men?) told us they tolerated marijuana because there was much less breakage of dorm furniture than with alcohol. (Legal 3.2 beer at age 18, served in the student union)

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I disagree. People are funny whjen they're high, but I find drunks annoying and over-bearing. When I'm sober, I don't like being around drinkers AT ALL, but I don't mind stoners.
    i like you too buddy!

"Weed addiction", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    People I know that drink but aren’t weed guys make the argument that drinking at night and getting buzzed or drunk is better than being an all day baked guy. Like restraint during the day is the differentiating factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well... In my defense, I have a condition.

I really like being stoned.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Mottos to live by
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2802.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	318586

Name:  original.png.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  39.5 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Brownskii View Post
    I think the idea that booze will just blow up your life is a little bit off though. There are tons of people walking around every day with a low level buzz. The most eye opening thing when I first got into the Booze- selling business was the size of the market for sub- 750 ml bottles. Mail carriers, maintenance men, supers, office workers, garbage collectors and all manner of people were in the store on a daily basis, grabbing concealable serving size bottles. Some guys would buy a 200 ml mid morning and another one late afternoon. I’m not defending it by any means, just reporting what I’ve seen.
    Many of those are the alcoholics just trying to keep the wolves at bay until they can get home and drink like they want. They have a handle or two at home.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

And, I'm confident that sober people find me annoying and over-bearing...verdict still out regarding the necessity of alcohol.
    But they eat all the Doritos
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Everything in moderation. I haven’t ever met anybody who will defend drinking to excess every day the way some dudes advocate for the wake n bake high all day lifestyle though. Whatever you do, a little in the evening, under control, is the way to go.
    I think the idea that booze will just blow up your life is a little bit off though. There are tons of people walking around every day with a low level buzz. The most eye opening thing when I first got into the Booze- selling business was the size of the market for sub- 750 ml bottles. Mail carriers, maintenance men, supers, office workers, garbage collectors and all manner of people were in the store on a daily basis, grabbing concealable serving size bottles. Some guys would buy a 200 ml mid morning and another one late afternoon. I’m not defending it by any means, just reporting what I’ve seen.
    the problem with alcohol or weed or anything
    is afterawhile the moderation the ability to function goes out the window
    I've delt with guys who are high all day and at 3pm you give them instructions and information and they are just glazed over eveything just goes right through them unable to comprehend anything
    then again I've built so many houses stoned out of my mind, highly functioning stoner
    been around alot of high functioning alcoholics also

just got a disturbing call from a friend the other day, I'll call him back in a day or two and I'm pretty sure he wont' remember calling me a few days ago
    you wanna help but pain pills and drinking don't mix, he wants me to go bike riding with him which means a couple miles and then drinking
    one of many people I know whose lives have gone down the tubes thanks to alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    "Weed addiction", lol.
    x 2, I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the problem with alcohol or weed or anything
    is afterawhile the moderation the ability to function goes out the window
    I've delt with guys who are high all day and at 3pm you give them instructions and information and they are just glazed over eveything just goes right through them unable to comprehend anything
    then again I've built so many houses stoned out of my mind, highly functioning stoner
    been around alot of high functioning alcoholics also

just got a disturbing call from a friend the other day, I'll call him back in a day or two and I'm pretty sure he wont' remember calling me a few days ago
    you wanna help but pain pills and drinking don't mix, he wants me to go bike riding with him which means a couple miles and then drinking
    one of many people I know whose lives have gone down the tubes thanks to alcohol
    For about 10 years I bought a lot of gear from a dread headed stoner but he always remembered everything I bought and everything I said, he very high functioning pun intended

so I think it depends on the person but still I know I can't do that ^^ maybe the key is to know your limits ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

booze kills and you can make some seriously fucked up decisions on the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    booze kills and you can make some seriously fucked up decisions on the stuff
    Ya, but on weed you, wait, I forgot what i was talking about, got any cookies?

Seems kind of harmless... now what were we talking about

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The latest THC craze, the dab pen, is supposedly as addictive as crack. Instant high, etc. I had to deal with a kid the other night that took a big hit and collapsed where she stood. Not sure how or where the electrically fueled THC fits in the addiction formula.

Had a guy on a guide trip that slammed three or four beers at 7:00 in the morning to get him to a .10, then set a timer on the hour to remind him to drink another beer to maintain the .10. He was on DUI #4.

Have a daughter that is working on a year of sobriety. I learned a lot from her detox and rehab. Basically, alcohol interacts with your brain and the release of endorphins which gets things screwed up causing the desire to drink and modify behavior. It takes a male about 12-14 months of sobriety for things to reset; a female 14-16 months. There is a drug now called Vivitrol that helps control the desire to drink until the brain can restore the endorphin levels. A pill a day or one shot per month. And will also make you deathly sick if you drink while on it.

Interestingly enough, most of the folks in her rehab were heroin addicts. A few pill heads, and a very small percentage of alcoholics. Most of the addictions are, however, overlapping.

I don't know where THC fits into the brain/endorphin system. Most folks in these programs say if you can't drink, you can't do weed and maintain sobriety.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The latest THC craze, the dab pen, is supposedly as addictive as crack. Instant high, etc. I had to deal with a kid the other night that took a big hit and collapsed where she stood. Not sure how or where the electrically fueled THC fits in the addiction formula.

Had a guy on a guide trip that slammed three or four beers at 7:00 in the morning to get him to a .10, then set a timer on the hour to remind him to drink another beer to maintain the .10. He was on DUI #4.

Have a daughter that is working on a year of sobriety. I learned a lot from her detox and rehab. Basically, alcohol interacts with your brain and the release of endorphins which gets things screwed up causing the desire to drink and modify behavior. It takes a male about 12-14 months of sobriety for things to reset; a female 14-16 months. There is a drug now called Vivitrol that helps control the desire to drink until the brain can restore the endorphin levels. A pill a day or one shot per month. And will also make you deathly sick if you drink while on it.

Interestingly enough, most of the folks in her rehab were heroin addicts. A few pill heads, and a very small percentage of alcoholics. Most of the addictions are, however, overlapping.

I don't know where THC fits into the brain/endorphin system. Most folks in these programs say if you can't drink, you can't do weed and maintain sobriety.
    good luck to your daughter. The pens are too convenient, and I gave them up because they fucked up my lungs. I wouldnt say theyre addictive but an ability to be baked and an oral fixation are a bad combo with those.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Back in college in 1970 or so the dean of men (do colleges still have a dean of men?) told us they tolerated marijuana because there was much less breakage of dorm furniture than with alcohol. (Legal 3.2 beer at age 18, served in the student union)
    Old Goat given your profession, what's your opinion on the OP's question?
    "Can't you see..."

keep in mind MJ was a different thing back in 1970
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Everything in moderation. I haven’t ever met anybody who will defend drinking to excess every day the way some dudes advocate for the wake n bake high all day lifestyle though.
    I think this is a good point. Going through your life more or less constantly under the influence of either alcohol or THC can't be good.

Overall, though, there's no question that alcohol dependence is worse.

I salute anyone who has come to realize they have an issue with any said substance. IME I've seen ETOH destroy or really fuck up more lives that most other intoxicants(or be the "gateway" drug....but that's for another time)

My best friend was a high functioning alcoholic, went to AA, subbed it with weed but couldn't kick it. They really wanted to but the CNS becomes so dependant on it(as well as fucking up endorphin balance). Seemingly at wits end, he gave microdosing boomers a shot. ~ 9 months dry. Cravings/compulsions practically went away after a few micro dosing sessions other than a few drunk dreams where he wakes up terrified he was drinking again lol

I have a feeling boomers are gonna completely rewrite mental health practices within 10 years. It was almost frightening the change I saw in him(for the better)

P.S.
    Weed for da mudda fuqin win

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    keep in mind MJ was a different thing back in 1970
    About that..

https://twitter.com/DanaLarsen/statu...41723969900544

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Most folks in these programs say if you can't drink, you can't do weed and maintain sobriety.
    If they are in a 12-step program, of course they think that.

But there are lots of people out there who are "sober" (i.e. stopped drinking) but still smoke the weed. Plenty of famous ones too. Jason Isbell is an example right off the top of my head, he is open about both substances. I have other friends who stopped drinking and other drugs and they seem to do OK just on the weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Fucking awesome thread. Really inspiring me to take some edibles, hit the pen, and smoke a j later tonight. I am going to get 12,600 times higher than anyone ever could in the 1960s!

I've got to find a better source, I never even get 10,000 times as stoned as I used to in the day. 8,9, tops.