Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What a sweeping, broad, dense, uninformed generalization attacking low hanging tropes just one post after your image of Dr. Seuss was challenged.

I like you Doc, but this one comes off as cheap and beneath you.
    Am I wrong? Was not the rural south the heart of the bible belt and book banning? No doubt there are lots of enlightened, well educated people who appreciate a good book, but there are a lot there who don't.

I don't have an image of Seuss to challange. He did have a mistress, and while I don't agree with such behavoir there are worse things in the world to do.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The number of artists who were cheats, liars, thieves, philanderers etc. etc. etc. is certainly very high. The art is the art. The person's faults are something else.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Am I wrong? Was not the rural south the heart of the bible belt and book banning? No doubt there are lots of enlightened, well educated people who appreciate a good book, but there are a lot there who don't.

I don't have an image of Seuss to challange. He did have a mistress, and while I don't agree with such behavoir there are worse things in the world to do.
    Right or wrong you took a non sequitur, cheap swing at MT completely unrelated to the ruffled feathers going on between you and Art immediately prior thereto.

Just calling it as I see it.

Back to kids reading, which is something worth celebrating this week. I know ours is.
    I still call it The Jake.

Actually I took a cheap swing at the rural south. MT just happens to live there.

...and yes, a lot of artists are pretty freaky. Mark Twain was probably a pedo, but he wrote a few good books.

...and yes again, this is about getting kids reading. They can debate the finer points of an authors personal lifestyle when they get older. Hopefully they learned to read so they can find out about this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by hutash; 03-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

^I didn't take it that way. That Hutash has some serious red-ass on religion is nothing new, think woodsy asked him once to indicate just where, on the doll, the preist touched him.

But,

Hutash is always available when somebody has a question about ther dog so I focus on that.
    "Can't you see..."

I apologize, I did not mean it as a personal attack on you. I meant it as an attack on bible thumping book burners.

There is no love lost between me and religion. I have nothing against religious people, but I have a big problem with their beliefs when the start affecting others.

I don't care which books a person chooses not to read, but I have a big problem when they ban/burn books. The track record in the rural south on that topic was not too great just a few decades ago.

iscariot

That escalated quickly
    watch out for snakes

One fish, two tits
    red fish, Seuss gets
    side clam, crotch jam, from a hotter madame

Would he could he after chemo
    Would he could he lie and cheat-o
    Yes he could, lay the wood, in his hood, incognito

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 44
Size:  127.9 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.