Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Huh, sorry ya lost me on that one

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

XC and DH World Champs this weekend. After not really paying much attention to any of the half-ass racing that's happened so far in this shit stain of a year, I've gotta say I'm actually excited. The XC and DH courses both look good, the weather looks nasty, and I think it's gonna be awesome to watch.

So who you got? Gwin's gotta be chomping at the bit to get a rainbow jersey for the first time. But the French are fast. Curious to see if Vali Hoell can actually hang with the elites (I'm guessing yes).

And I don't really follow XC all that closely, but it sounds like a bunch of young kids are putting the hurt on the old guard, which is kind of cool.

The Vital raw bringing the goods. Gwin looking feeble and the Reece Wilson going ham. so good. slappin ruts and getting angles. this type of racing actually looks fun.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    The Vital raw bringing the goods. Gwin looking feeble and the Reece Wilson going ham. so good. slappin ruts and getting angles. this type of racing actually looks fun.
    Yeah, Reece looked smooooth. Watching Bruni try to follow his line was funny.

This course and these conditions have the potential to generate some awesome moments. Kinda like Hart's infamous Champery run.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    So who you got?
    *chews off duct tape adhering 40s to hands, dusts off Ye Old DH Prognosticator (which looks suspiciously like a set of Shimano Airlines repurposed into a bong), takes a rip*

• Vali Holl qualifies first on what's basically her home track, but crashes in her race run and finishes 6th.
    • Miriam puts together a smooth, consistent run in super fucked up conditions and repeats.
    • Marine takes 2nd, with Tahnee, Tracey, and Veronica Widmann rounding out the top 5.
    • Gwin's covid denialism catches up with him and he DNFs after a devastating coughing fit mid-track.
    • Hart throws down a blistering upper section in horrendous conditions, but sits down momentarily to catch a breather on the motorway section and gets his (apparently giant) balls tangled in the rear wheel and crashes, answering Rob Warner's legendary question from a decade ago.
    • Brook uses his new bionic Terminator laser eye powers to instantaneously dry the course in front of himself but ends up being unable to see through the resulting cloud of steam and goes off course, getting disqualified.
    • Bruni has a solid run but winds up a little off the pace in 3rd.
    • Minnaar 7th
    • We all stop caring about what happens after that because news drops that Trump died.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    *chews off duct tape adhering 40s to hands, dusts off Ye Old DH Prognosticator (which looks suspiciously like a set of Shimano Airlines repurposed into a bong), takes a rip*

• Vali Holl qualifies first on what's basically her home track, but crashes in her race run and finishes 6th.
    • Miriam puts together a smooth, consistent run in super fucked up conditions and repeats.
    • Marine takes 2nd, with Tahnee, Tracey, and Veronica Widmann rounding out the top 5.
    • Gwin's covid denialism catches up with him and he DNFs after a devastating coughing fit mid-track.
    • Hart throws down a blistering upper section in horrendous conditions, but sits down momentarily to catch a breather on the motorway section and gets his (apparently giant) balls tangled in the rear wheel and crashes, answering Rob Warner's legendary question from a decade ago.
    • Brook uses his new bionic Terminator laser eye powers to instantaneously dry the course in front of himself but ends up being unable to see through the resulting cloud of steam and goes off course, getting disqualified.
    • Minnaar 7th
    • We all stop caring about what happens after that because news drops that Trump died.
    I think you're pretty spot on for the women. Tahnee is the only one I'm less sure about - seems like she'd be solid in steep, cold mud.

Men, I think everyone's gonna be going hard and most of them are going to fuck something up. There's a better than usual chance for one of the guys that usually hovers around 20th place to actually keep their shit together and put in a heater. Like Reece, or maybe Estaque. I wonder if thirion still has it in him to go fast. This is his kind of terrain.

I've seen a few references to gwin's covid denialism. Where'd that actually come from? I missed that.

• Minnaar 7th
    Haaa i would not put money against any of that

Too lazy to dig them up, but someone had screen caps of him retweeting a whole bunch of nonsense about hydroxychloroquin.

But yeah, I think that's about right for the men. The combination of them going hard without a WC season to think about and gnarly conditions is going to lead to chaos. I'm excited.

I think its from gwinns twitter . I think he gave a thumbs up to chloryqqqqqqqualaqaqaqaquineee

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Oops, didn't know this thread was already around when I just made mine.

Vali bringing women't elite to a new level. Pretty awesome.

Gwin has always kinda given me some weird vibes. Not surprised to hear him having some covid denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    My god man. Hart's tail tap on the bamboo....so dope.

It’s like he skis. That was an incredible shifty.

The Brits always seem to do well on mud.

course preview, the new left into the woods about 2:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7IobJfMPU

watch until the pass.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    course preview, the new left into the woods about 2:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7IobJfMPU

watch until the pass.
    The Legend of Bulldog continues. We're watching history.

Hey, so the Opera VPN still won't allow me to watch Men's XC final.....am I doing something wrong?

Hey, so the Opera VPN still won't allow me to watch Men's XC final.....am I doing something wrong?
    Yeah, not working for me either. Hmmm.... Pinkbike posted a primer on VPN use yesterday; I may have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Yeah, not working for me either. Hmmm.... Pinkbike posted a primer on VPN use yesterday; I may have to check that out.
    So I'm using the "hoxx vpn" extension for Chrome. Connected via Australia. Just got to catch the last few minutes of XC final.

So I'm using the "hoxx vpn" extension for Chrome. Connected via Australia. Just got to catch the last few minutes of XC final.
    Nice. Opera wasn't working for me either, but Hoxx worked. I connected via France.

Finally got to watch all of it. Holy shit. What a fucking junk show.

Not the best race I've ever watched, but hey, it was good to watch something at least.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Finally got to watch all of it. Holy shit. What a fucking junk show.

Not the best race I've ever watched, but hey, it was good to watch something at least.
    Yep. Sure glad I didn't have to race that. Bummer that the weather didn't cooperate better, that new section in the woods could have been cool if it wasn't foot deep peanut butter.

Anybody been able to find a more complete video of Reece's run? They barely showed any of it during the live broadcast (I get it, 1 minute start gaps is tough) but I haven't found a better replay either.

Yep. Sure glad I didn't have to race that. Bummer that the weather didn't cooperate better, that new section in the woods could have been cool if it wasn't foot deep peanut butter.

Anybody been able to find a more complete video of Reece's run? They barely showed any of it during the live broadcast (I get it, 1 minute start gaps is tough) but I haven't found a better replay either.
    Hoping the mostly full winning run will pop up on PB at some point today.

Remi Thirion’s run was so fucking baller! Stoked to see him on the podium.
    Heart goes out to all the girls. It was soul crushing to watch them struggle through that dumpster fire. Fucking Tahnee. A minute, just to claw her way back up to the course!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

NBC/Olympic Channel provided the worst coverage possible. The commentary was dismal, the commercial breaks missed live acton, even though it was tape delayed. What a poor excuse of coverage.