Good fleece: Pata R2 or else? or overthinking?

have the classic Pullover R1, and the R3. The R3 is definitely too hot, but really comfortable and fantastic. Both are very old and still working great.
    The R3 in the backpack for emergency is just too hot as additional layer. Also at home, it's too warm.
    Was thinking to get something lighter than R3, and obviously thought R2. However i hadn't had the chance to try it, and fit with Patagonia is always a mystery. Also, it's just a f***ng fleece and dont want to overthink. Should i simply get a light Polartec 100 whatever brand and call it a day? or should I go for the R2? any other suggestion?
    thanks

I had allot of luck with very carefully trimming the pile down on the R3 with a nice sharp pair of scissors. You can even achieve great body mapped warmth. Just work slow. Makes a bit of a mess so try to contain the fluff bunnies.

R2 makes a great mid layer ime. Decent loft yet breathable, so easy to vent under hard shell with pit zips. Price is a little absurd though

I like the R2 (on sale of course)--warm for the weight, very breathable.

Love the Nano Air light hoodie as this midlayer for colder days. I think it sort of fits between an R1 and R2 in terms of warmth. Significantly warmer than an old polartec 100 fleece I have but dumps heat and breathes well

Norrona heavyweight trollvegan thermal pro is my favorite. But also have two older mtn hardware one is 200 weight and one 300 Also like my Norrona alpha hoody for touring or hiking.
    Euro FTW

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)