Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I grew up in the country. We did it from my friends house, he had a perfect treeline that hid us. Throw em up in an arc and let them come down on the car. We had one guy chase us deep into the woods. We led him into the swamp where he broke through the ice into knee deep mud and decaying vegetation. He foiled us in the end though when he came back to the house later that afternoon when my friends Dad was home and described the 4 or 5 kids he was chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We were SoCal kids, we used oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I grew up in the country. We did it from my friends house, he had a perfect treeline that hid us. Throw em up in an arc and let them come down on the car. We had one guy chase us deep into the woods. We led him into the swamp where he broke through the ice into knee deep mud and decaying vegetation. He foiled us in the end though when he came back to the house later that afternoon when my friends Dad was home and described the 4 or 5 kids he was chasing.

Huffing puffing filthy man at door:
    "@#%@#$#$%^&*@#(@!! kids threw a snowball at my car! I chased them for a mile through a swamp, now I'm knocking on every door hoping to find those ##$%%^$$^&**!! kids who threw a snowball at my car!!"

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    We were SoCal kids, we used oranges.
    Waste of good, edible fruit...we used lemons.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Eggs.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Now you've crossed a line.

Any time shoot like this happens, I think back to all the shit I did. I am about half way there for Karma payback.
    Kids get a pass. It would be fun to sneak up on them, scare them a bit, and then then show them your car and tell them to lay off if they see it. Otherwise, have fun, and watch your 6 next time.

Neighborhood punks got away!

Similar stories here from childhood

Our favorite was late at night to run toilet paper between two trees on across one of the local thoroughfares at drivers head height to see what people would do.

Some would slow down and then drive through the TP

Some would stop, get out, inspect, then break the TP by hand, get in and drive away.

Then there’d be the guy who’d slam on the brakes and get out and start searching for us kids hiding in the bushes. We’d scatter into the neighborhood as he’d chase us. Of course we were young, spry, fast, and knew all the cut throughs and hiding places. So they guy would end up screaming about calling the cops and “ill get you!!” Or whatever.

Cheap, stupid thrills of youth

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

We hid in bushes in PA and would toss eggs out of the bushes. Hit a pickup one time that hit the brakes and started searching with a spotlight for us. We never got chased but our hiding spots were pretty good. We also would shoot out exterior deck lighting with BB guns in other neighborhoods.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Next time....just continue driving, circle around and come up behind them. They only stopped throwing because you stopped and confronted them. #trustme #iwasapunktoo

Old time favorite was for one of use to stand on either side of the street. When a vehicle would approach one would pantomime tossing something across the street to the other. Then both would pretend to hold on to something that was stretched across that street. Hilarity ensued. You both had to be ready to run like hell in different directions.

Buddy of mine used to put boxes in the street with big fucking rocks in them on the idea that some folks will run over the box thinking it is just an empty box.

He was evil.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Buddy of mine used to put boxes in the street with big fucking rocks in them on the idea that some folks will run over the box thinking it is just an empty box.

He was evil.
    Heh, we did that with a grocery bag and a cider block.

Basinbeater, have you considered ambushing the ambushers? Couple of hidden teams on each side of these kids with water balloon launchers. When they show themselves, they get caught in the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    We did it with what a month before had been a giant snowman. After multiple freeze/thaw cycles it was a maybe 500-pound block of ice. Pushed it out in the road, covered it up with new fluffy snow. First car to come along was a cop. We were hiding as he decided to blast though what he thought was just a drift. Made a hell of a bang. He wasn't happy. But we were faster.

^^^

Kidz those days...... Priceless.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

And now you're all fine representatives of the upper classes. Oh, don't say no I'm not, this is TGR, where many spend hours debating Audi vs, well, Audi.

ok Bernie.

There was this whole period from like ages 13 or 14 up to 16 or 17 or so when in the winter when we went out all we did was walk all night and drink whatever we could carry, and get high, and mess with shit. Nobody had wheels and we sure didn't want to stay home, so we walked around. In the summer we had places to hang out outside but in the winter it was too cold to just stay put and the addition of walking around trying to stay warm really spiced things up sometimes. Lots of stories from that era.
    Last edited by iceman; 03-01-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And now you're all fine representatives of the upper classes. Oh, don't say no I'm not, this is TGR, where many spend hours debating Audi vs, well, Audi.
    To be fair there are few wagon options these days.

And no one tied fishing line across the street with a plastic bag of ground beef hanging from it? No? Well, we didn’t either but a friend told me it was hilarious as it exploded on the windshield and the driver thought he just destroyed a turkey or some shit.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I had a friend in HS who hit what she thought was an empty bag. Crashed her car; went home and went to sleep. Never woke up; turns out she had a brain injury.

Never caught the kid who put the bag out either. Fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ok Bernie.

There was this whole period from like ages 13 or 14 up to 16 or 17 or so when in the winter when we went out all we did was walk all night and drink whatever we could carry, and get high, and mess with shit. Nobody had wheels and we sure didn't want to stay home, so we walked around. In the summer we had places to hang out outside but in the winter it was too cold to just stay put and the addition of walkin around trying to stay warm really spiced things up sometimes. Lots of stories from that era.
    same.... use to hop the fence at ace, grab all the bags of mulch, rock, etc.... build a wall barrier in the ally for the hell of it. never damaged the stuff, just moved it for no reason other than boredom

many rolls of tp wrapped around two telephone poles on either side of the road..... nothing hazardous hidden, but the tp wall would definitely stop traffic.

for some reason it seemed fuckin’ hilarious at the time.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Eggs.
    My cousin's next door neighbors were orthodox Jews. During the holiday of Sukkot they ate in a sukkah they built in the backyard in the backyard, like a free standing lightly framed pergola but with palm branches (not that easy to come by in Detroit) as a roof--with plenty of gaps through which the family could see the stars and my cousin could lob eggs. Obviously they knew who did it and his folks would cuss him out and he'd do it again next year.

Show me a kid in snow country who didn't throw snowballs at cars and I'll show you an ET who adopted human form.

Fuck there was a lot of un-utilized labour in here. Bet you useless punks also got an allowance for being dimestore hoods.
    When the chores were done, drive and paths shovelled, and the woodbox filled, we might entertain throwing snowballs at the train; an excess of time would allow us to put a snowman on the tracks as a sacrifice. Throwing snow or otherwise fucking with the neighbour's rides in a small pop rural area would just ensure a trip to the woodshed with instructions to make a switch.

Summer games with the US motorhome tourists were a whole other scenario. Almost feel bad for some of those poor fucks who came for peace and solitude in the Kootenays.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My cousin's next door neighbors were orthodox Jews. During the holiday of Sukkot they ate in a sukkah they built in the backyard in the backyard, like a free standing lightly framed pergola but with palm branches (not that easy to come by in Detroit) as a roof--with plenty of gaps through which the family could see the stars and my cousin could lob eggs. Obviously they knew who did it and his folks would cuss him out and he'd do it again next year.

Well, that wasn’t very kosher of him.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident