Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Just read an email from Ikon/Alterra re: pushing a 20/21 pass to 21/22 if COVID is looking grim, option available into early December.

I'm in- so far as I can still apply the nurse/military/student discount. I after all, am still a medical student - until May 29, 2020. Happy to get a few more bucks off, and help whoever will benefit, however that will happen.

/end self-congratulatory post of finishing med school and becoming an underpaid/overworked resident/

Renew @ discount rate extended until June 17 . sales must be slow even w/21-22 season deferral option.

Yup. I think the Dec 10 cut off to defer is hurting them compared to Epicís more liberal stance of offering partial roll over if things get shut down mid season. Ikon offers you nothing, as it stands now, if you decide to ski next year or wait to decide once the season gets going. I can understand the 12/10 cut off for voluntary deferral. But they need to state they will offer force deferrals of some type of the season gets cut short by virus issues. Otherwise people are not in the mood to buy.

On a positive note; Squaw just refunded all of my kids unused ski days.

^^^ That is nice.

Group Buy currently extended to June 12th as well. Current codes and pricing.

Group Buy likely will be extended into Summer, but at some point prices will go up.

ZERO-DAY CREDIT

Ikon Pass holders will have the option to defer the purchase price of their unused 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit. NEW: they can make this decision anytime until April 11, 2021, no questions asked. The Zero-Day Credit applies to any 20/21 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass or Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

ADDED ASSURANCE DUE TO POSSIBLE COVID-19 CLOSURES

Should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase. There is no fee to participate. More information on how credits are awarded and applied to a future purchase can be found on https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program . Subject to the program’s terms and conditions.

This is good news. The potential problem with "a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass..." is that if a person skis only a few days before Alterra shuts it down, then they will probably SOL (if they mimic Vail's offering).
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

The way I read it, if there are shit downs, based on their outline above, you will receive a small credit based on the number of days things close. Even if you have used your pass. Does not matter how many days.

The fact you can credit your pass if un-used up until April 11th is much better offering than Vails right now.

I read the T&C - quick review, but I did not see what the point was of designating a single destination vs all destinations for the Covid shutdown clause.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The math works differently.

If you only ski Squaw, and never will travel, choose Squaw. You will only receive credit if Squaw closes but it will be 1/123 of your purchase price per day of closure.

If you choose All Resorts it will be 1/(123* number of ikon resorts) per day that any resort is closed.

If only Squaw closed for 10 days, youíll get 10/123 credit.

If you choose All (assuming 20 ikon resorts - too lazy to look up) you will receive 10/2460 credit.

So way smaller. OTOH, if a lot of resorts see closures, you could revive a bigger credit. Say all resorts close for 10 days, but two close for 50 days, you would receive

Just Squaw: 10/123

All destinations 15/123

Even if you only ski Squaw.

If Squaw does not close, but all other resorts do close for 10 days and one for 20 days

Just Squaw - no credit

All Reaorts - 10/123

Of course check my back of envelope math.

It is all a gamble. I would choose All, assuming my credit would be larger that way and even if it does not effect my winter.

Still, they are now offering several ways to reduce your risks as a consumer.

Not sure if this is posted here, but they created some examples for the math challenged on their new deferment and assurance policy.

From IKON website

IMO, much better option than EPIC now. Ability to choose to defer up until April 11th if you do not use your pass. 100%

100% deferral if resorts do not open depending on which ones and how you elect.

123 day season guarantee, or your money deferred.

Prices go up next week. Get your group codes this week or renew. Codes after next week will likely not offer as good of a price, but there will still be a discount off online prices. Expecting online prices to go up $100 each, but no confirmation.

Group Rate remains the same through 9/1.

For Adult and Young Adult.

Child discount available through the Group, but less than the previous promo.

I think I've replied to everyone. If I missed you, ping me back.

Oh, forgot to mention, I'll be camping next few days and off the grid. Replies coming Monday. There is no rush as deadline for the current Group Rate is August 31.

Bumping for Deadline Notice.

The Group Sales will end on September 1st. Get a code and buy BEFORE then, or by August 31st.

If you are in need of a code, or have a friend or a friend of a friend who needs a code, get in touch with me ASAP. I will be away from my computer a few days here and there at the end of the month, so will not always be able to get you a code quickly that last week of August.

Online prices are not projected to go up, buy Group pricing will save you more than a benjamin on the full.

I was told today that any code you received have will be invalid after September 1st. Souse them up.

As a reminder, there are a bunch of "guidelines" on what if the resorts close. The biggest part of that with IKON, is you can choose to defer your unused 20/21 pass purchase (how may dollars you spent) toward a 21/22 Pass up until mid April 2021. Basically that means if you for what ever reason do not use your pass (like cause the COVID is going wild and even tho resorts are open, you don't feel safe; or even it is a shitty snow year; or you are more interested in road cycling next winter; or whatever) you will be able to defer your cost toward next seasons purchase. No idea wha a pass will cost in 21/22 though.

Anyway - LAST CALL>

LAST CALL -

Codes are good through this Monday, August 31st. Use them if you got them; prices increase and codes cancel on Tuesday, September 1st.

If you need a code, contact me asap. I'm on my laptop this weekend and should be able to get a quick turnaround.

As a reminder, you have until April 12th, 2021 to decide if you want to defer your pass purchase price to 21/22 - as long as you do not use your pass. It is your call - not the resorts. And there is some higher level math for refunds if there are closures, but I'm not that good at calculus to tell ya'll about that.

Thanks again for the codes!

PM'd, thanks again for doing this!

Thanks for setting this up, just PM'd

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks, Ottime!
    Trigger pulled today. I have a good feeling about midweek skiing this winter.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I have not yet received an email saying the deal is closed. If you have codes, try to use them. They may still be good.

It seems like the codes still work for Base and Full, but not Base Plus, as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    It seems like the codes still work for Base and Full, but not Base Plus, as of today.
    Dang, oh well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda