Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PM sent re pricing for new pass

Just cleared my inbox. Responded to all PMs. If I missed you, sorry, please let me know.

Alterra just suspended operations today. Not sure if there will be any spring skiing this year. Just started to snow again in Tahoe. Time to earn some turns and teach the kiddo to do the same. Built a kicker out back this evening, so we will session that at least.

PM incoming, full passes 1 adult/1 child, renewal.

PM'd. Thank you

PM incoming..

eh I just went and bought my passes and then saw this thread! doh. I'll take one if it works out...thank you
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Word from an Alterra VP is that there will be an announcement on the 14th about refunds/credits for this botched season & moving forward for 20/21.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Word from an Alterra VP is that there will be an announcement on the 14th about refunds/credits for this botched season & moving forward for 20/21.
    It would be a smart marketing move to offer a bigger discount for renewals as a sort of credit for the season ending so early.

PM sent....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Looking at $699 for an adult IKON?

About a solid bottle of wine less with the group code.

Iíll respond to PMs tonight.

Looks like the renewal rate was doubled.

To Our Ikon Pass Community:

We hope this note finds you and those close to you healthy and well.

These are the days when we are particularly grateful for all those who share our devotion to winter in the mountains and find camaraderie within this passionate community. In these unprecedented times, we understand that the unknown can be difficult and today we hope to alleviate some of that by offering details regarding Ikon Pass and next winter.

As a valued member of our Ikon Pass community, we want to share our appreciation and gratitude with you by doubling your 20/21 renewal discount from $100 to up to $200 per Ikon Pass and from $50 to up to $100 per Ikon Base Pass. In addition to these savings, we are also giving you more time to renew your pass at the best value, until May 27, 2020. The zero interest payment plan also remains an option for you.

We recognize all of you who share our passion and enthusiasm, and find joy within this community. During this time off the slopes, we wish you and your snow crew continued connection and enthusiasm and we look forward to the days when all of us get out there again and enjoy adventures together.

We thank you for your enduring love of the mountains. Sweet days await us.

Be well. Your friends at Ikon Pass

Re: Everything.

Just heard back from Alterra. 20/21 Passes are Non-refundable. Insurance that is offered does not cover purchaser in the case of mountain closure due to COVID. It does cover you if you come down with COVID and are unable to ski, but not sure what that coverage would be if you get sick and the resorts don't open anyway.

You can wait until May 27th to purchases your Renewal, and use the payment plan, which you can cancel at anytime. But you will lose what you already paid, and you will pay in full well before ski resorts open.

Child discount also extended until May 27th.

No additional discounts for those buying new IKON passes, other than the current Group Rate. PM me for details if you need them on Group Rate. The Renewal continues to be the best deal, but if you are renewing, and willing to share your info with the Group (or me), then you can help out a maggot to two this year. I'm sure we will have plenty of folks who are hit hard this year and could use a little help.

If you can not find your 19/20 Pass Number, because it is left at the hill, all I need to get you on the list is an Order or Confirmation Number from last year.

Hopefully we know more about COVID in the next 6 weeks...

Oh, also note the new Nurse Pass. Same price as Military. $709 for Full. Same price as YA Group, so a decent discount has been added there.

IKON 20/21 Group Buy

How can they not offer free insurance in case of mountain closures because of CV? Seems ridiculous IMO when next season is 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How can they not offer free insurance in case of mountain closures because of CV? Seems ridiculous IMO when next season is 50/50.
    Would the insurance option even cover it? Viral/bacterial causes are an extra option in most polices. A lot of people are obviously finding that out now.

On an interesting side note. I guess Wimbledon has gotten pandemic insurance for the last 17 years at a cost of $2mil a year. Paid out around $143mil. Not a bad insurance play for a $34mil investment. Someone got a good bonus.

You can wait until May 27th to purchases your Renewal
    So new, (discounted/group buy), passes need to be purchased by May 27th as well? The previous date was May 5th.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Edit: post moved to more appropriate Ikon thread, sorry for ranting in your thread Ottime.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 04-15-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just heard back from Alterra. 20/21 Passes are Non-refundable. Insurance that is offered does not cover purchaser in the case of mountain closure due to COVID.
    Hard pass. Thanks for following up and getting those details.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Don't know about 20/21, but for 19/20 Ikon had zero discount for military veterans. Active duty only, and college students. Apparently college students rate higher than vets.

Considering I never used my 19/20 pass even once (got it primarily for going to Mammoth this Spring) and the best Ikon can do is $50 off, I won't be buying a 20/21 pass. Yeah, I'm a little salty about it.
    No secret that IKON sucks, but this attempt at 'throw em a bone' is impressively shitty.

I donít think their military pass has changed. So no veterans. I wonder why nurses and not EMT, first responders, doctors, candy strippers, etc.

I dunno. For me right now it is wait and see what happens over the next few weeks and what we learn about COVID and how the resortís adjust. I donít believe that Alterra thought this would be enough to get a big bump in sales, but gives people 6 more weeks to figure out things. If skiing next year still looks questionable, not sure what they will do then.

I suspect they will copy Vail and do the $50 down payment model. If it includes the overall renewal discount when full payment is due in the fall, I would do that for sure.

Yes, Group rates extended to May 27.

I think technically prices go up the 27th, so 26th at
    Midnight technical cut off. But it remains to be seen.

Iíll get back to the few pending PMs in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yes, Group rates extended to May 27.

I think technically prices go up the 27th, so 26th at
    Midnight technical cut off. But it remains to be seen.

I’ll get back to the few pending PMs in the AM.
    momThanks for mentioning that. Midnight 5/27 actually means midnight 5/26. Friend of mine got bit by that last year. Stupid, but it is what it is and Alterra gets to make the rules.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

PM sent, thanks for setting this up Ottime!