Seeking advice on skis - touring and resort - intermediate skier

Hi,

I am looking or a ski which I can occasionally go ski touring with and use at resorts with dynafit (tech bindings).

I'm an intermediate level skier and I need a ski I can turn easily.

I rented the DPS wailer 99 tour 1 and enjoyed skiing with it at a resort, but I was told that the DPS ALCHEMIST WAILER 100 RP or DPS Alchemist Wailer 112 would be better.

Which ski would you suggest? I cam concerned that a ski with a 112 waist would be hard to turn, but it seems to be the more popular choice.

I currently have a la sportiva hi5 which I don't enjoy at all as it's too hard to turn/control.

I ski in the Canadian rockies (Banff) and am 180 lbs and 5'10.

Or would you suggest something else? Other skis seem to have a longer turning radius than the DPS ones, and like i mentioned I want to be able to turn easily.

Thanks.

Check out the KYS Jong.

Try a few different pairs of used or new old stock skis until you develop a preference. Take note of length, turn radius, camber/rocker profile, construction, and weight. Once you know what fits your preferences you can pick your own tools and won't need advice that may or may not work for you. You'll probably improve if you buy a pair of dedicated heavier resort skis and a second pair of backcountry skis.

Tua Excalibur, Superloops, and Scarpa T3. You'll thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

The TECH TALK JONG may be the right choice...
    Oh and OP, here’s a good reference source
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...HE-RIGHT-PLACE

If you're looking for a quiver of one ski that handles both resort and backcountry conditions easily enough my recommendation would be to look at the Salomon QST 106. I think it's a great 50/50 ski; reasonably light while still skiing well. It's damp, predictable, and turns well, while still providing enough energy at the end of each turn.

Bindings are a little bit tougher, if you want something that does both resort and touring (too many compromises there). Maybe a Tecton? I like tectons. They just have a ton of plastic in them, which worries me for regular resort riding.

As others have said though, the path that might make the most sense is to get a heavy, dedicated resort setup and a lightweight touring setup, but if you don't have the budget or inclination for that, then see my advice above.

PM DeepSouthMafia. He's a big fan of the red TT Jongs and might have a pair he could sell you.

Voile V6

Red, get the red ones
    watch out for snakes

@vegetable. PM iceman, ski shop guy very familiar with the DPS lineup in general and considerations for touring.
    Decisions Decisions