Portable Boot Dryer - Stick that in your boot!

Anyone have experience with either of these portable boot dryers?

DryGuy Travel Boot Dryer
    https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Travel.../dp/B010A5JC6W

or

Kooder Boot/Shoe Dryer
    https://www.amazon.com/KOODER-Dryer-.../dp/B073Z891ZH

I have the DryGuy Travel Dry DX Boot Dryer and Shoe Dryer and love them. On about my 5th season with pair #1. The great thing is that you can also plug them in the car from the cigarette lighter so if you have a drive up to the hill, the boots can stay warm to the last minute.

I've also had the first ones you mentioned, and they also do a good job, but the fans in the other ones make the boots dry faster.

Dry guy for me. Actually a different model with the built in fan, and not just the heating elements:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010A5JBPO...pa_mw_detail_3

I've been traveling with them for 4 seasons now. They do their job well. Build quality is kind of shitty, though. The plastic coating on the wires is fraying at the connection points. The wall plug to cig lighter adapter went kaput early this season. I've since replaced it with a generic adapter that i bought off Amazon

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

GF gave me Dry Guys and they work well...

Dry Guy +1

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Dry guy with the fan for me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using the Dry Guy ones for several years now and they work great.

Thanks all! I found the DryGuy DX version after my original post, and I like the 12V car option. Glad to see folks are having good luck with them.

No off to Amazon, thanks again.

Just stick a bunch of newspaper in your boots for a good portable boot dryer.

Just fabbed the Ghettowerx mandarine orange box glove/boot drier. 16 buck rechargeable battery fan from amazon. That little bastard moves a lot of air.

Name:  P1120904.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  P1120903.JPG
Views: 754
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  P1120903.JPG
Views: 754
Size:  96.2 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Are you just pushing a lot of air thru wet gear to get it dry or does the air get heated as well ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Just fabbed the Ghettowerx mandarine orange box glove/boot drier. 16 buck rechargeable battery fan from amazon. That little bastard moves a lot of air.
    You and I should team up and start Ghettowerx Drier Tech Inc. Your proto for the portable option and this one for the corded:

Name:  1452037_10152034094599313_32446870_n.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  284.1 KB

$9 corded fan from amazon and a bunch of random plywood and plumbing supplies. No heating element, displacing air does the job.
    IPO by 2022, mad $$$$ to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    You and I should team up and start Ghettowerx Drier Tech Inc. Your proto for the portable option and this one for the corded:

Name:  1452037_10152034094599313_32446870_n.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  284.1 KB

$9 corded fan from amazon and a bunch of random plywood and plumbing supplies. No heating element, displacing air does the job.
    IPO by 2022, mad $$$$ to be made.
    Damn, now that's some fine work, a work of art. Ghettowerx is humbled...

And yeah, I also don't use/never use heat. I just blast room temp air into gloves/boots. If I'm at home, a slightly more refined and powerful system dries gear in the basement. The air is cooler than the rest of the house. I have found that cooler air drying results in less micro rebound of custom molded intuition liners. Even 'normal' house temp air in the 70's seems to result in liners rebounding from the optimal packed out feel ever so slightly which means the first few runs skiing down hill, or first 20 minutes of uphilling, cramp the feet just a wee lil bit.
    Master of mediocrity.

That does not look portable ... unless your house has wheels! However I do like it!

Quote Originally Posted by niknoid View Post
    That does not look portable ... unless your house has wheels! However I do like it!
    Definitely not portable. It barely manages to stay upright!

^^Very nice!! For someone looking for some inspiration for their own non-portable dryer, here's what I ended up with. Same concept, just a cheap amazon fan, plywood, and PVC pipe. Works great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170907_204553.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	318010

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Paging swerve to the future millionaire’s hotline

Love the DIY builds.

Another vote for the dryguys with a fan and 12v + 110v hookups. They work great. I've been using 2 pairs for 4 seasons and they're both working perfectly. They rely on air circulation, not heat, which I think is better for anyone using heat moldable liners. I have ones that get hot too and I feel like they do cause the liners to expand a tiny bit.

Gonna give some portable boot dryers out as holiday presents to family. We have a Therm-ic one, works great. I now see that they have the original and a new on that is UV light - supposed to freshen things up. Anybody used one? Do I care about that?

Dry guy travel dx times two
    I have tried several, those are my favorite
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I just bought a set of the dry guys. Thanks all for the recommendation