PSA: $89 new race skis

https://www.skiessentials.com/2014-e...kis-plate.html

2014 Elan Ripstick, 191cm only, extra 10% off sale currently = $89 shipped (no tax on my confirmation). I called to ask about the binding mount plate on these skis -- store says that the plate is blank, not predrilled, so it can accept any binding.

This is what winter in Tahoe has become this year... buying 6-yr old race skis in Feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I was about to reply to your other thread, the grown up length has a blank plate, the 181 is predrilled for tyrolia. Don’t forget to grow your ridiculous Slovenian ski cross moustache.

You should budget for a race prep/tune (more than the price of that ski around here). They probably need it. I'd go 0.7/3, keep them sharp and avoid crowded runs. You'll be strong when the powder eventually shows up.

They got these bad boys as well if you want a little shorter/longer. We even have snow, but I may be down for some skinnies.

https://www.skiessentials.com/2015-e...kis-plate.html

I have a pair of 188/30's (the women's size) and they are pretty fun to free ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I was about to reply to your other thread, the grown up length has a blank plate, the 181 is predrilled for tyrolia. Don’t forget to grow your ridiculous Slovenian ski cross moustache.
    Yep, I deleted that WTB thread when I learned that I don't need a Tyrolia binding. I've got a few Looks and a lot of Salomons, so easy to go with one of those.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    They got these bad boys as well if you want a little shorter/longer. We even have snow, but I may be down for some skinnies.

https://www.skiessentials.com/2015-e...kis-plate.html
    I saw those too, but they definitely require a Tyrolia, and I'm not sure if they are asymmetrical other than the tip shape Elan did some weird asymmetrical "amphibio" designs.

My skis arrived - plates are blank. Skis are remarkably heavy, without bindings. I think they're gonna be very stable at speed.

I do not need another pair of skis.
    Gawd my Green Pivot 18s would look hawt on those.

20% off through today.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    20% off through today.
    Damn. Even cheaper now. $79ish shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    The skis have an autograph printed on them from Filip Flisar. Googled him and he does have an impressive moustache:

https://alchetron.com/cdn/filip-flis...resize-750.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Damn. Even cheaper now. $79ish shipped!
    Ya, $79.96... arriving March 16th.
    FML....

That mustache put it over the top for me.

If anyone wants shorter, I scored a pair of 2016 183 Fischer RC4 WC GS in medium flex, women's FIS so they're 30m. Blank plates, intended for Tyrolia/Head/Fischer race bindings. Think I have $140 in them, willing to pass along as long as I break even. They're in SoCal.

Welp, order confirmation received. This spring is going to be fun/interesting.

These showed up yesterday..... just in time.
    Boy they look fast. I guess they will have to wait.