Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291

    Worst traveres at Vail, go:

    Shredding Vail pistes for the first time in a few short days, cutting out Blue Sky Basin due to time constraints. Local Magg0ts puh puh puh-leeezzzeee tell me which flats to avoid on my snowboard, I don't enjoy clicking out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    61
    I'd like to help but I don't know where to start.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    I'd like to help but I don't know where to start.
    It's kool, Jong; Monday tunes to help us all tune into Monday

    https://youtu.be/456badiT2x8

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    9,595
    Wax appropriately.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    7,879
    Vail... or is that too broad?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    I'd say be careful about going too far out in Mongolia Bowl or you could have a tedious ride back to the lift. Sleepytime road is also long and flat. On the front side, the road that goes from the bottom of Highline around Golden Peak back to Gondola One is pretty tedious.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd say be careful about going too far out in Mongolia Bowl or you could have a tedious ride back to the lift. Sleepytime road is also long and flat. On the front side, the road that goes from the bottom of Highline around Golden Peak back to Gondola One is pretty tedious.
    You're a scholar and a gentleman sir.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    9,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Shredding Vail pistes for the first time in a few short days, cutting out Blue Sky Basin due to time constraints. Local Magg0ts puh puh puh-leeezzzeee tell me which flats to avoid on my snowboard, I don't enjoy clicking out.
    Weird. The only thing that I ski at Vail is BSB
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,281
    To the OP, there is a great Traverse off the top of BSB that is a must do. Just keep heading south.
    Ooof!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    With the caveat that I'm not a local, but have skied at Vail a decent amount. One good thing at Vail is there are lots of lifts. You can avoid a lot of traversing by just working the lift system.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Weird. The only thing that I ski at Vail is BSB
    1234567889

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    With the caveat that I'm not a local, but have skied at Vail a decent amount. One good thing at Vail is there are lots of lifts. You can avoid a lot of traversing by just working the lift system.
    Look homey, I'll take whatever I can get.

    I'd reckon that on the days you do ski Vail, even though you're not a local, you're the best tree skier on the mountain.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,250
    The traverse from the Vail Village parking lot to Gondi 1
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The traverse from the Vail Village parking lot to Gondi 1
    ... you mean boot pack?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    It's kool, Jong; Monday tunes to help us all tune into Monday

    https://youtu.be/456badiT2x8

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Jong on Jong violence is always a crowd pleaser.

    Plus ... work on skootch leg.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    225
    These aren't too fun, in no particular order.
    - Top of Avanti lift to top of Eagle Bahn Gondola, painful on skis, imagine would be like punching yourself in the nutz on a board.
    - When you get to the bottom of Orient Express and go to Blue Sky Basin. I think taking a wire brush to your nutz sac could possibly be more enjoyable.
    - Run out from bottom of Earl's Lift in BSB to bottom of BSB. Great trees in there but if get below Earl's Lift....long traverse.
    - Getting back to the front side from back bowls....Top of Orient Express to Sourdough or if heading to Two Elk Lodge, especially if heading to Two Elk, get the wire brush out.
    And there are more....Yeah, I think about anytime you end up on Silk Road, wire brush --> nutz
    And forgot, toward bottom of Riva Run getting back to gondola one, maybe only punch nutz sac worthy.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    225
    But the lifties will call you by your first name........so that makes it all better, right?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    744
    Denver - Vail on the I70, friday afternoon.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    on my snowboard.
    Well there’s your problem, maybe drop the gay tray?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well there’s your problem, maybe drop the gay tray?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    12345678

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    These aren't too fun, in no particular order.
    - Top of Avanti lift to top of Eagle Bahn Gondola, painful on skis, imagine would be like punching yourself in the nutz on a board.
    - When you get to the bottom of Orient Express and go to Blue Sky Basin. I think taking a wire brush to your nutz sac could possibly be more enjoyable.
    - Run out from bottom of Earl's Lift in BSB to bottom of BSB. Great trees in there but if get below Earl's Lift....long traverse.
    - Getting back to the front side from back bowls....Top of Orient Express to Sourdough or if heading to Two Elk Lodge, especially if heading to Two Elk, get the wire brush out.
    And there are more....Yeah, I think about anytime you end up on Silk Road, wire brush --> nutz
    And forgot, toward bottom of Riva Run getting back to gondola one, maybe only punch nutz sac worthy.
    I don't want anything like that to happen to my reproductive glands!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Denver - Vail on the I70, friday afternoon.
    WEDSNESDAY THE FOURFTH, MIRKO FILIBROVICH!!!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    ... you mean boot pack?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Correct, boot pack traverse...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,028
    The whole mountain is one big flat traverse.

    Go to Beaver Creek.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,961
    The traverse from the end of the lift line to the front of the lift line is pretty heinous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •