Great Northern Snowcats.....thoughts

Heading there soon. Anybody been? What am I in for....the good, the bad, the lame. Adding 2 days at Revy....what do I have to ski there?? Thanks!

Though the locals may disagree, I have to ski kill the banker whenever I visit revy. Sporting good fun!

Thanks for the tip!

We skied with Great Northern 8 years ago this month- was with the original owner then, I think they're now owned by Revy. We had a good experience- they kept our group together but had the option of splitting up. The guides of that era were really good with people and good medical skills. Terrain varies depending on how the latest storms have come in. The steepest pitches will make you think but aren't really long. The best suggestion I can make is to take skis that can handle some "really" tight trees- you'll be a happy camper.
    Revy was great- had fresh snow every day of the trip, think the warmest day was 25F. We found that the best place for current info was the community pool facility after skiing. Pool, hot tub and sauna and locals were very open and fairly gracious about their favorite spots for whatever you want to know. Lots of skiers, beer drinkers and sled heads with a few tourists thrown in. Ski your last run top to parking lot nonstop, patrol told us it was the law.
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Ski your last run top to parking lot nonstop, patrol told us it was the law.
    This is true.

You must also choose death before download.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    This is true.

You must also choose death before download.
    Absofuckinglutely! I forgot to mention that I did ski with these guys in 1994, back when Clyde was a young buck. Fantastic terrain and wonderful guiding. Remember getting +/- 23,000 vert every day for 3 days. The run from the top of Mt Mackenzie to the bottom was so fun and remains the biggest leg burner in memory. Have a great time! And don't forget to kill the banker when you ski the hill.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Thanks all! Our group has the cat to ourselves, so hopefully we will be able to get after it. The forecast for the first part of March is looking colder and snowy. Fingers crossed. I think I am as stoked for Revy as the snowcat trip. Last time I was through Rev the resort really didn't exist. Maybe it had one chair? Anyhow, stoked to go and get the fuck out of Oregon for a while.

Skied with them earlier this year for three days. 60cms of fresh, awesome fun terrain & good guides. We fluked out with a super strong group in the cat so we really got after it!

Im thinking about booking 22/23, anyone with any more recent experience? Looks like to get there , need cross the lake on a ferry, howd that go.

Quote Originally Posted by thecadgod View Post
    Im thinking about booking 22/23, anyone with any more recent experience? Looks like to get there , need cross the lake on a ferry, howd that go.
    The ferry is easy, check the schedule. Soaking in the hot springs near Nakusp before the short ferry ride is nice

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/t...ferry-schedule