aging guy with at least one bad knee needs to thin out highly redundant quiver

Skiing since LBJ, raced for about a decade starting when the gates were bamboo. Early mid life crisis or desire for a challenge led me to tele about 30 years ago (insert cliche joke here * ) still had alpine gear for Tuckerman because I was sufficiently skilled and confident on tele up to a point, or rather an angle. Have reverted full time to alpine about a decade ago, due to age, pain, fitness. Started to dabble with tele again this year (which remains a questionable decision)

Current nearby skiing for me is MI which is like NY minus the Adirondacks, I do get to NH, ME, VT and will be skiing in MT, CO and UT in the next two months, possibly Revelstoke. Mostly on piste, never moguls intentionally, minimal hiking, slogging. I guess I like damp cambered skis my height with metal as a general rule. Have also liked flip core. I weigh about 190.

My current quiver from the moderately distant past:

Stockli Stormrider XL 184 75mm I think I liked these but haven't used them in a while
    PM Gear Bros 183? I like these
    Brahma 187 I like these too. Liked Cochise, should probably own Bonafides instead
    Blizzard Titan 8.2 185 currenly tele but would be great for alpine I would guess
    Nordica Hell & Back 185 90mm 20m haven't used them yet, will probably like 'em
    Stockli Asteroids 186 a bunch of mounts but could take another
    Stockli Stormrider DP 186 way too many mounts, shouldn't be counted
    Bluehouse Maestro 188 haven't used them yet. Guardians to be mounted. Hope they come in handy

This was so much simpler when I tele'd with one pair of skis. Thanks in advance

* "no one cares that you telemark"

Looks like you're just getting warmed up and need more skis, not less.

i dont like moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Makayla View Post
    i dont like moderation
    I don't like skis that feel squirrely at speed. I don't like too much width if the snow is hard. I don't like skis that are too narrowly focused on a niche of terrain, conditions, or other variable (with the sole exception of shorter radius GS skis like some old Stocklis that I should not have deleted)

Even if I don't delete any of my skis I should limit what travels in the roof box of my camper for one (passat sedan)

I skied my Kore 99 180cm this weekend

They were stable at high speed, no chatter, and damp.

They could do anything I asked them to. Even bumps at speed. I see them being stable in chop as well.

i am 5’9” and about 150 and I feel with my style I could overpower them if I weighed more. I am an ex racer with a lot of strength and love to carve so I ask a lot from skis at speed. If they had metal they may be a little stiffer but these are quite nice and these have a fun factor most metal layered skis lack.

Good high speed carver that can be thrown around, very skiable everywhere.

I think these would be great it you only wanted to bring one ski out west and be confident you could handle anything the mountain threw at you condition or terrain wise. Easily one of the most fun, versatile and enjoyable ski I’ve skied on.

You are a bit heavier, how aggressive are you? Maybe throw some on and try them out.

hope this helps

my camper for one (passat sedan)
    Audi Allroad. Have the dentists been out of the office since Thursday?
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Audi Allroad. Have the dentists been out of the office since Thursday?
    I would be happy to trade my vintage hi mileage 4motion guzzler for a vintage hi mileage 4motion guzzler wagon but I cannot drink the allroad koolaid.

I think I kind of answered my own question(s) about what to toss in the roofbox:

OG <85 with camber for hard snow (Stockli XL or Titan 8.2)
    95-100 multi purpose, probably bonafides or possibly something I already own
    Maestros in case I get lucky

leave behind tele because I'm elderly and not up for it and ditch the xc because who am i kidding.

bring some skinny bc skis with fishscales, edges, and 3 pins because it might be fun somewhereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200227_152607.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	317799
    Last edited by charlesj; 02-27-2020 at 02:33 PM.