Best Glue or repair for Cross Country Boots

The glue holding the soul on the material and shoe base came loose. I do not go enough to justify new boots (and probably then also new bindings) so looking at just gluing and clamping them and let dry as first step to see if they will hold.

Regular Epoxy (not going to spend money on Marine Epoxy unless I can get it pretty cheap)
    JB Weld
    I found some outdoor adhesive- no name stuff
    Gorilla Glue (which one)
    LocTite Vinyl-Fabric-and-Plastic-Clear-Fabric Repair
    AquaSeal

Combinations of above?

The sole has a bit of the center that has a sort of hard cardboard and then the rest is the vinyl and cloth of the upper shoe you see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200218_184244.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	713.4 KB 
ID:	316832

Aqua spooge
    watch out for snakes

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.55.50 PM.png
Views: 3654
Size:  587.7 KB

I have had a tube of this for at least 6 years that has fixed several soles and some other stuff. Just looked and it is in its spot waiting for the next repair.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I had the same thing happen to the toe of one of my cross country boots about four or five seasons ago, clamped the crap out of it with shoe goo and forgot about it since.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Shoo Goo is your choice. It will remain relatively flexible which is what you will need

Another +1 for shoo goo. I've repaired many hiking boots with that stuff and it always does better than I expect. Dont use gorilla glue as it expands

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just a follow up. Both shoes were shoe goo'd with a pretty liberal amount all up and down the area I could reach. Once I got it down into the sole of the boot, I did 2 C-Clamps one at the ball of the foot area where they bend and flex and a second back at the pad on the heel and left them overnight. In the morning the first one seemed pretty secured. So same process to the 2nd one the next evening.

Snow is finally back and may go head out and see how it holds in the cold but hoping for success...

Success or not?

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Just a follow up. Both shoes were shoe goo'd with a pretty liberal amount all up and down the area I could reach. Once I got it down into the sole of the boot, I did 2 C-Clamps one at the ball of the foot area where they bend and flex and a second back at the pad on the heel and left them overnight. In the morning the first one seemed pretty secured. So same process to the 2nd one the next evening.

Snow is finally back and may go head out and see how it holds in the cold but hoping for success...
    Hey there, how did this hold up to use? It's been a year and I have the same problem... and a tube of shoe goo!
    Should I, or should I not?

I am curious too. I would have thought contact cement (Pliobond or better). Clean both surfaces, brush both surfaces with thin coat, wait a few, clamp together

Mine are still stuck. No worries.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Shoo goo / aquaseal/ freesole/ seam grip is all just liquid urethane in various consistanceys depending on the app

I have used AQS on literaly hundreds of repairs to drysuits , i did use AQS to glue a sole back on a wet suit booty and it lasted a very long time

contact cement or shoo goo whatever you got try it , so if you got a tube of shoo goo use that, you need to hold both pieces in place while it cures over night whereas contact cement sticks on contact

I would favor AQS in this reapair so once AQS is open it will dry out but putting it in a sealed jar in the freezer will slow the process,

BTW there is a whole long thread " Fix your own fucking gear with Aqua seal " moslty about fixing clothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by kalpsjo View Post
    Hey there, how did this hold up to use? It's been a year and I have the same problem... and a tube of shoe goo!
    Should I, or should I not?
    When I posted that I never did put them on last season as something came up. We just got enough snow to actually go out and try cross country skiing at all until yesterday (12 inches) this season finally. I glued them and they seem to be holding in the house of course, but have not even worn them and had them in action yet.
    Last edited by RShea; 01-19-2021 at 05:00 PM.