Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    My favorite MacMansion on a ski hill story was heard on a lift at Big Sky. This young man had a friend who did grunt work for a property management company in Vail. One day he had to get into a home, and had to call the owner. He is answered by a man on the other end, explains himself, and the guy doesn't even cover the phone as he shouts, "honey, do we have a house in Vail?"

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    If I had the resources, I’d opt in to a private ski hill. Talk shit all you want but who wouldn’t if you could?

A buddy rented an entire ski area for a day once. We had a keg at the bottom of the lower chair. I think there were 20 of us skiing. It was rad.

I know that Turner Mountain near Libby, MT has this as an option. I think it was reasonable too at like $10k per day.

Word on the street is the Cimarron guys are some high rollin' attorneys. They sold the Battle Mountain superfund site (Gilman, behind Vail's back bowl's - beautiful area, but the cyanide fracking leaves a bad legacy) for $50M and put it into Cimarron.

Vail's lines have been stressing me out lately. I'll probably be joining Cimarron soon, seems nice.

I hadn't heard of this until recently, but there are plans for a private resort here in Utah too. The locals may stop it from getting off the ground, though.

https://www.standard.net/news/govern...767a172de.html

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    we got a couple private company ski days at pine creek in cokesville in march
    I voted for eagle point but I bet its twice the $3g pine creek wants
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We almost had a private mountain at June Mt one storm day. 395 was close and it was puking all day. Only 75 cars in the parking lot (I counted), a large percent being employees. There were about 20 of uslapping J2. Basically just farmed turns by slowly moved outward from either side of the lift.

Maybe I am missing something, but for the buy in at $62K/year I would just buy a snowcat and hike a driver. Hell, for that price I could probably hike a heli for ski days. That way I don't even have to share it with 12 other punters

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I've seen the artist renderings for Wasatch Peaks. Was damn tempted to take pics with my phone, but you know that would be uncool and all.

Anyone see the Jaguar beached off the road in the snow, abandoned and w the door open today? Just inside the yc entrance.. looks like they probably slid on refreeze last night and bailed . Window down and door ajar. Huh, wonder how drunk they were..

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Anyone see the Jaguar beached off the road in the snow, abandoned and w the door open today? Just inside the yc entrance.. looks like they probably slid on refreeze last night and bailed . Window down and door ajar. Huh, wonder how drunk they were..
    Funny. Perhaps they were part of the raucous gang my daughter and I saw at the Blue Buddha sushi last night...they had the party room rented and the drinks were flowing hard and they were getting wasted. We were speculating they were YC peeps, although we had no basis for that other than the $$$ they were obviously dropping. Oh and my daughter was taking note of all the designer purses, etc.

Although truth be told, I think a lot of the rich YC folks slum it at Chopper's. That's where the real drunks hang with like minded drinkers IMO. What do I know, I'm not a local.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "honey, do we have a house in Vail?"
    Okay, that's pretty damn funny.

ha!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    ]I'm waiting for Greg Lemond's camp to come on the market.
    I remember when rape-y Greg Lemond’s kid posted here about 10 or more years ago, talking about how the YC security teams were there with orders to “shoot to kill”... He didn’t stick around here too long.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Funny. Perhaps they were part of the raucous gang my daughter and I saw at the Blue Buddha sushi last night...they had the party room rented and the drinks were flowing hard and they were getting wasted. We were speculating they were YC peeps, although we had no basis for that other than the $$$ they were obviously dropping. Oh and my daughter was taking note of all the designer purses, etc.

Although truth be told, I think a lot of the rich YC folks slum it at Chopper's. That's where the real drunks hang with like minded drinkers IMO. What do I know, I'm not a local.
    Completely unrelated but this reminds me of when I was at the brewery last winter sitting next to a crew of six doctors staying at the YC (their member friend was in the hospital with a tib/fib fracture). They filled a bunch of growlers, drank their limit, had a $186 bill, and they left a $10 tip.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Completely unrelated but this reminds me of when I was at the brewery last winter sitting next to a crew of six doctors staying at the YC (their member friend was in the hospital with a tib/fib fracture). They filled a bunch of growlers, drank their limit, had a $186 bill, and they left a $10 tip.
    Well you don't get rich by just throwing money around willy-nilly.

The staff is great, 30%of the members are cool too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Originally Posted by eshed
    Here's a story from a buddy of mine: He was skiing somewhere on the EC (I forget where) and saw a Texan and his son standing at the top of the halfpipe.

Dad (to son): "Why don't you go on down in that stunt ditch and do something special?"

[QUOTE=yeahman;5902089]Funny. Perhaps they were part of the raucous gang my daughter and I saw at the Blue Buddha sushi last night...they had the party room rented and the drinks were flowing hard and they were getting wasted. We were speculating they were YC peeps, although we had no basis for that other than the $$$ they were obviously dropping. Oh and my daughter was taking note of all the designer purses, etc.

Just admit that you know your purses like you know skiing! Dont have to drag your daughter into this...