Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    Edit to add, got it out of the kitchen and it’s currently in the garage. I’m relieved but holy shit that was epic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did Windex, loud music, etc. do the trick, or did it just wake up and decide to go for a stroll?

And that is a great photo, this year's Christmas card is going to write itself.

Immediate skunk problem

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    I have a friend that will live trap and relocate them. I have no idea how he does that without getting sprayed.
    We used to trap and relocate them to the fields at a local community college (sure they were thrilled by this). Once they’re in the cage you hold a blanket up to conceal yourself, making sure your feet are also behind the blanket. Once up to the cage carefully drape blanket over the top. You can carefully pick up the cage and move it to wherever you want.

Kind of the same as hooking/tangling a seagull. That mofo will fight like hell until you put your cap over its head. Then they immediately calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    We used to trap and relocate them to the fields at a local community college (sure they were thrilled by this). Once they’re in the cage you hold a blanket up to conceal yourself, making sure your feet are also behind the blanket. Once up to the cage carefully drape blanket over the top. You can carefully pick up the cage and move it to wherever you want.

Kind of the same as hooking/tangling a seagull. That mofo will fight like hell until you put your cap over its head. Then they immediately calm down.
    I always just wrap the trap up with a blanket when I set it. They always get relocated by me if they have to go away. I like the fact they dig up and destroy underground yellow jacket nests.

Thank you OP, that is funny for sure.

ps, nice kitchen
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So how the fuck did this stink badger get in the house in the first place?

Bam!Attachment 316827

Wow, cool. This appears to be a little spotted skunk. Same potency, but a little unusual. He needs food and freedom.

I like the pathway.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Did Windex, loud music, etc. do the trick, or did it just wake up and decide to go for a stroll?.
    I put a Bose speaker under the stove and seriously blasted Metallica thinking you made that shit up getting a good chuckle at the scene. At least I like that song

I also sprayed windex liberally and I think the final straw was the ammonia rags, potent stuff. Shoulda worn goggles

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wow, cool. This appears to be a little spotted skunk. Same potency, but a little unusual. He needs food and freedom.

I like the pathway.
    Yes, that’s what we were thinking, kinda cute and the size of a big kitten. Fucking stinks without spraying.

He quickly found the weakness in my pathway, I was freaking out standing on the counter. Moved the ammonia to direct his path and fled outside. Almost had a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So how the fuck did this stink badger get in the house in the first place?
    This is the current question of the day. Access from crawl space under house is my guess. Will be plugging gaps, shocked how small a space it could wiggle through

Le Pew!

Awesome!!!! I got sprayed once, thought I washed it off of me then went to computer lab to finish up a paper, got booted from lab within 5 minutes due to my offensive odor. Lucky for me my nose totally numbed out to it. Now go plug those holes or that little bugger will be back.

Wow, just saw this thread and read through from the beginning all at once. What a nail biter. I’ve never been sprayed but smelled it from afar enough to be filled with dread at the very thought. Closest I came was in fifth grade (or thereabouts) at a summer cabin my family rented by a lake. I had a good five minute stare down from about two or three feet away. I didn’t move a muscle. Longest five minutes of my life.
    Last edited by Brownskii; 02-21-2020 at 04:04 PM.

I think you went about it all the wrong way. You should have befriended the little critter, and made him a house pet. Can you imagine the looks on your neighbors faces when you are out taking Pepe' for a walk. Priceless!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

You can get them de-scented or whatever you'd say, they remove the gland that produces it. Not sure why anyone would do that, but they do.

So is he still in the garage?
    watch out for snakes

Have had skunks in backyard lately. Neighbors dog sprayed and she now is ok with me shooting them. Need to dig out the .22 and go to town. We'll see how small town living reacts to this. Hope I'm not talking to the sheriff soon...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that the small town people are going to be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You can get them de-scented or whatever you'd say, they remove the gland that produces it. Not sure why anyone would do that, but they do.
    They’re kind of cute.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that the small town people are going to be unhappy.
    what he said

It's gone from the garage. They're pretty healthy around here and I would have no problem offing it. My neighbor relocated 12...Currently trap set in garage in case of return...

S/he didn't spray but man it still left a stink. Now between moth balls, windex, ammonia, and skunk odor, it's pretty funky to say the least...

Bravo!!!! Nice Friday drama.

Reminds me of a less dangerous version of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkvxK3zROT4

It's gone from the garage. They're pretty healthy around here and I would have no problem offing it. My neighbor relocated 12...Currently trap set in garage in case of return...

S/he didn't spray but man it still left a stink. Now between moth balls, windex, ammonia, and skunk odor, it's pretty funky to say the least...
    Fucking skunk relocation?
    Are they endangered?
    . . .

innocuous

in·​noc·​u·​ous | \ i-ˈnä-kyə-wəs

Definition of innocuous

1: producing no injury

2: not likely to give offense or to arouse strong feelings or hostility

idiot

id·​i·​ot | \ ˈi-dē-ət

Definition of idiot

1: a foolish or stupid person

2dated, now offensive : a person affected with extreme intellectual disability

House for sale. Smells like meth lab, but NO meth cooked here. Run in with skunk.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.