Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    we've reached an impasse. he's behind the stove and not coming out. I'm going to pull off the stove face (maybe turn on stove??) and open all the doors and leave to go ski...and returning with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Do you have a maul?
    Amazing it took until post #13.

But speaking as an expert, I have to say no maul in this case. If he left the dog food area grab some of it and make a trail that goes outside, maybe he'll follow it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Do you have a maul?
    /thread.

Immediate skunk problem

we have a family acquaintance that has a house on Martha’s Vineyard. over the years the skunks became so rampant that he devised a backyard trap that could be seen from the kitchen window. all he had to do was turn the hose on and it would drown them. by his tally he’s got like 20 skunks buried in his yard lol

If he’s behind stove, make food trail leading out of house?

Ok I made a trail with the couch cushions, wife is freaking out that it will spray the cushions. I’m going to pull the stove out and hope he does the right thing.
    Will attempt to document. I’ve had too much entertainment here not to give back

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Someone posted the pic, but you did paint the cat, right?

Skunks are nocturnal. Probably going to take a nice nap now that he's got his tummy full. Also, they are very docile when not protecting young.

I have tons of skunks. Occassionally my cats get sprayed. I deal with it ( unlike dogs they seem to learn their lesson and the same cat rarely gets sprayed a second time).

Lots of benefits to skunks (as with most wildlife) but yeah, not so much benefit in your house.

https://www.humanesociety.org/resour...o-about-skunks
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Have you tried cranking Metallica yet (or one of the other suggested bands?)

Skunks are nocturnal unless they have rabies, so he's probably sleeping behind the stove. You need to wake him up.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

He’s awake and occasionally looks at me. I think he’s too scared snce I’ve nuked him with windex. I’m going to leave and hope he comes out on his own.

Do NOT shoot it.

The skunk does not want to spray while it is confined. It does not like the smell anymore than you do, it will only spray when it's sure it won't get it on itself. They don't spray when they are trapped.

If you shoot it, it will release it's glands. My brother shot one in our garage, the house stunk for a week. Our clothes stunk too, but we didn't realize it until we got to school the next day. Fun times.

I have no advice on getting it out, I just know that shooting it will not have the desired effect.

1st post!

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    1st post!
    I gotta say it was a pretty informative first post. I was not aware that skunks don't like the smell of their own spray and won't spray if it will get on themselves. That's news you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I gotta say it was a pretty informative first post. I was not aware that skunks don't like the smell of their own spray and won't spray if it will get on themselves. That's news you can use.
    Yeah, great jong post for sure.

They've been active around my neighborhood lately. Yesterday I ran out the door throwing my jacket on and a real faint skunk smell came over me, so the first thing I did was look through my pockets for the Amnesia Haze I just picked up. Nope, wasn't me.

https://www.discoverwildcare.org/sku...ant-spray-dog/

Maybe you spilled some Molson's somewhere?

Uh oh. The little fella could be there for a while...

"Skunks are not true hibernators in the winter, but do den up for extended periods of time. However, they remain generally inactive and feed rarely, going through a dormant stage."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Instead of the Windex spray, I've read that that they do not like ammonia (which is in Windex as well as some other ingredients.) Get a few rags or towels and soak them in the ammonia and then put them back near the stove. The smell may drive it out and then the trail of food could hopefully be used to get it outside...

You of course have to also find out how it got inside. Dog door, then that gets sealed up for a good while, if no dog door then you are going to be looking for an opening pretty big if you did not leave a door open for a period of time...

Ammonia is strong. I soaked 2 rags and put under stove with a clear path out to an open door. Leaving for a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    Ammonia is strong. I soaked 2 rags and put under stove with a clear path out to an open door. Leaving for a couple hours.

Where is the link to the live security camera or trail camera footage of this, if you are leaving then the cell phone footage will not be enough.

This is better than anything happening in the office today. I have a friend that will live trap and relocate them. I have no idea how he does that without getting sprayed. They really like eggs too, but make sure the carton is appropriately balanced when removing eggs.

Not sure where you are located, but this is the beginning of breeding season for them here in our part of the world. They are out and about on a regular basis both diurnally and nocturnally.

I have shot several, and it is an art form to keep from getting sprayed. Small caliber gun, I like a .22 pistol. Must shoot head on, right down beside the head, through the shoulder, heart, and diaphragm. DO NOT SHOOT THE HEAD. This works most of the time. Don't do it unless you are willing to take the chance.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Anyone else bummed the OP hasn't posted a teaser pic yet?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Anyone else bummed the OP hasn't posted a teaser pic yet?
    OP gets a pass from me given the high quality of this thread already...but I would love a pic of the skunk under the stove.

Bam!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2804.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	316827

Edit to add, got it out of the kitchen and it’s currently in the garage. I’m relieved but holy shit that was epic.