On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Poly scoop grain/snow shovel for adults?

Does anyone know why these shovels are only ever 42" long? Really great for snow removal but they wreck my back. Anything longer is wooden handle without the d-grip.

A 50" version would be amazing. If you have used one for more than 3 or 4 hours you know what I mean.

https://www.polyprotools.com/product...scoop-shovels/

you can add a d grip to those wooden ones

Take a 48" wood/poly one, add a dgrip, and it sounds like it'd be the exact length you want.

here's one with the d-grip already installed
    https://www.amazon.com/FOREST-HILL-M...2247831&sr=8-4
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

I guess I suck at the internet now. Thanks. The first AM Leonard link is exactly what I need.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Does anyone know why these shovels are only ever 42" long? Really great for snow removal but they wreck my back. Anything longer is wooden handle without the d-grip.

A 50" version would be amazing. If you have used one for more than 3 or 4 hours you know what I mean.
    Best snow shovel I've used.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...ushers/7465511

https://www.renodepot.com/en/snow-bl...yABEgLr3PD_BwE

I can clear a double driveway & a big swath infront of & behind my house in 20 min, a 24 " self propelled model with heated grips fits between everything & I never use a shovel anymore
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There's a certain time and place for a scoop. We get lots of wind at the places I shovel, so one side of the house is almost bare and the leeward side will have places 3' deep overnight. In places where you can't use a blower, so a scoop and time is the only real solution.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the issue with your back is caused by 3-4 hours of shoveling, not necessarily the length of the shovel handle. I have a firewood path and fire pit that I dig out a few times a winter and it kicks my ass regardless of what shovel I use. I'm planing to pick up a blower this spring as I'm not getting any younger.

Yeah, after about 3 hours my back is wrecked and then push on for another 3 hours and I'm destroyed the next day. If I use a long shovel to stand more upright it helps a lot.

Can't believe I spent $60 to order a plastic shovel on the internet. This is what my life has come to lol.

How is that poly shovel holding up WRG? I just broke my second Ace Hardware grain shovel of the year and am sick of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    How is that poly shovel holding up WRG? I just broke my second Ace Hardware grain shovel of the year and am sick of those things.
    Never ended up getting one. I order this from AM Leonard, but then when it didn't ship I called and they were like, "oh our website didn't update correctly. Those are backordered until May."

Seen pro snow removal guys using them and they look like high quality shovels that actually last.

https://www.amleo.com/leonard-poly-s...andle/p/AP340/

I suspect the 42" handle is the length most people can handle, arm wise.
    If the topography is favorable--moving snow on level ground where you have a direct line to where you're going to put it-- a snow sleigh (pusher) is ideal. My wife got me one last winter. Life changing. Especially for dealing with berms. Takes a fraction of the time it takes with a shovel.
    Oh, and bend from the knees, not the back. :-)
    I speak as an ex-professional shoveler (coal dust, steel mill) although the main thing I actually did with a shovel there was lean on it.