Nomad 105 with more tail taper?

I demoed the Icelantic Nomad 105 today in 181at Wolf Creek. The bindings were set at + 2. I skied some tight steeps, groomers, some crusty refreeze, and leftover soft snow.

The skis were a ton of fun in every condition I skied today. They are quick in the fall line, handle crust just fine, and railed groomers to the point that made me laugh. They were the shortest ski I've skied in years (longest the shop had) and I had a ball on them. They almost seemed too good to be true.

The only issue I had is a big one for me, and that issue is I caught the tail edge twice. I might catch a tail edge (did not release when expected) 1 x every 20 ski days but not anywhere near twice in a day.

I realize setting the bindings + 2 creates more tail, but I don't feel that was the issue. The mount point was so comfortable and confidence inspiring I was stunned (aren't we always) when I caught the edge.

I am wondering if there is another ski out there that skis similar to the Nomad 105 that has more taper in the tail? I'm a big fan of more tapered tails that are happy to be smeared. I generally prefer progressive mounted skis and like to ski from a balanced stance unless I'm going mach looney.

I am 6 foot and roughly 240 lbs. My daily driver is a Nordica Enforcer 100 in 185. I like the Enforcer in relatively shallow powder or chopped up crud and on groomers, but it feels like a lot of ski to throw around in the trees.

I love my OG Bent Chetlers in 192 (125 waist), and have a blast on them skiing anything but serious hardpack and heavy crud.

I also loved my Atomic Coaxes In 182. Like the BCs they were more of a progressive mount.

Im an east coast skier and do not get a lot of opportunities to demo skis in the 105ish range. Thanks for any suggestions!

BC

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a tune issue, specifically the tails need more detuning. I've got access to a demo pair of the same skis and have always felt like they're very easy to cut loose, and never catch edge. Great skis though, I'm surprised to see so little hype around them online.

Agree with MegaStoke, probably a bad tune. I've demo'd the same ski and found it no problem to smear/slarve. Loads of fun and thinking to get as my trees ski.

Thanks guys. I did not think about the tune, but I bet you are right. The ski was just a ton of fun, I'm also surprised I've never heard much about them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk