Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OCD

When I set an alarm, the time always ends in a 3.

5:33
    6:03
    7:13

etc.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I bought a bunch of Smart Wool ski socks, like 24 pair.

They are 3 different color schemes, other than that they are the same socks.

I bugs me to not match them.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ Oh good. I though I was the only alarm weirdo. My minutes have to add up to the hour.
    5:14
    6:24
    7:07

OCD

Volume number in vehicles always end in an even number...

Pumping gas..always need to stop at whole number....no stinking change.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    When I set an alarm, the time always ends in a 3.

5:33
    6:03
    7:13

etc.
    That's not OCD... that's completely fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    These are just personal habits,not OCD

OCD is an anxiety disorder characterized by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and ritualized, repetitive behaviors you feel compelled to perform. If you have OCD, you probably recognize that your obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors are irrational—but even so, you feel unable to resist them and break free
    And what mental illness is this^^^?
    Yes Dave. We realize that we're not talking about true OCD.

True OCD: When I was in med school back in the 70's the chief of neurosurgery was doing prefrontal lobotomies to treat ocd. He showed us a video--in the first part this woman described how they would pass a pile of rags on the highway and she would worry about it and worry about it and 100 miles later she would make her husband turn the car around and go back to check to make sure it wasn't an injured person. In the second part of the video the husband described how the surgery had cured his wife of the problem. The wife just sat there and didn't say anything.

Don't be too hard on Dr Schneider though--his big thing way back then was trying to invent a better football helmet. Way ahead of his time on that one, way behind the times on lobotomies.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^^ Oh good. I though I was the only alarm weirdo. My minutes have to add up to the hour.
    5:14
    6:24
    7:07
    Note to self: Avoid these alarm-setting psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I take eggs out of the carton from both ends so that the remaining eggs are symmetrical in the center. But I do tolerate an odd number of eggs remaining so I guess not a severe case.
    i used to do this (we get the 18-count boxes)
    then i did symmetry or patterns
    now i try to make it look un-patterned & thoroughly random...but, then, i'm never really sure if it's random...because, even truly random might have what looks like pattern...and the wife gets in there and ruins the perfection...

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    i used to do this (we get the 18-count boxes)
    then i did symmetry or patterns
    now i try to make it look un-patterned & thoroughly random...but, then, i'm never really sure if it's random...because, even truly random might have what looks like pattern...and the wife gets in there and ruins the perfection...
    Goddam women... amirite??

Great. Now my minutes have to end in 3 AND add up to the hour.

5:23
    6:33
    7:43
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

You have to arrange them so the load is evenly distributed when picking up the carton. I re-use them as long as possible, and doing this helps. I'm always mindful of weight distribution and load stress, wether it's an egg carton, a dishwasher rack or my ski carrier; I want all my shit to last as long as possible, including my tired worn out body.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Goddam women... amirite??
    maybe have to get her the OCD-cure surgery...

[jk]

I take eggs out of the carton from both ends so that the remaining eggs are symmetrical in the center. But I do tolerate an odd number of eggs remaining so I guess not a severe case.
    thats fucked up ^^you should be varying your diet by the number of eggs you eat to keep the symmmetry
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

When I was a freshman in college there was this guy on my floor who was constantly in the bathroom washing his hands. Constantly. I had no idea what his name was but I started calling him Gene, so whenever I walked in the bathroom and he was in there washing, which was basically always, I'd say "Hi Gene!"

A little ocd humor.

I take the eggs out starting at the center, then evenly work towards both ends, maintaining something close to symmetry.

Kinda/sorta like the concept of perimeter weighting of some skis, a bit of extra mass bias at the ends of the carton keeps it more stable in the hand while handling the carton. In fact, the egg carton thingy was part of the inspiration to keep the mass of my tip 'n' tail xtenderz on my darksides on the skis...and they track and truck a bit better that way.

Name:  P1120801.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  42.4 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

why don't you ^^ just get longer skis ?

Fun fact here, the only reason you wierdo's get to obsess over how to empty an egg carton is that In 1911, newspaper editor Joseph Coyle of Smithers, British Columbia invented the egg carton, to solve a dispute between a local farmer and hotel owner in Aldermere, near present-day Telkwa, in British Columbia, over the farmer's eggs' often being delivered broken.

huh.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    It's not a big deal if you do that stuff. It's a big deal if you CAN'T NOT do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Those things aren’t OCD. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    These are just personal habits,not OCD

OCD is an anxiety disorder characterized by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and ritualized, repetitive behaviors you feel compelled to perform. If you have OCD, you probably recognize that your obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors are irrational—but even so, you feel unable to resist them and break free
    See the first one again. You guys aren't OCD. You are just pains in the ass.

Back in the day eggs just came in a bucket and some were broken, somebody had to invent the egg carton and so the egg carton was invented right here in Smithers eh

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    why don't you ^^ just get longer skis ?
    lol, where's the fun in that? With the removable units, adjust length to suit snow conditions/terrain/personal interest for the day. Trucking long, deep, cadillac float turns through thigh deep Surprise Creek Silk is better with; pivoty/tight schmears and jump turns down 40 degree old growth on compacted wet grains around the town of Stewart is better without.

Sometimes I want cream with my coffee, sometimes I don't.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    it just makes more sense to have the toilet paper over the top
    I think my wife's failure to understand this played a small role in our upcoming divorce. What kind of fucking monster would load it the other way? ;-)

Sorry, not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I bugs me to not match them.
    I struggle not to correct split infinitives. And I only have two colors of socks, about 6 pairs of each, Smartwool too. Matching and lost singles are not a problem.

And what mental illness is this^^^?
    Yes Dave. We realize that we're not talking about true OCD.
    lol

Every now and then I’ll arrange the eggs in the carton so they’re alternate:
    0 *
    0 *
    0 *

That made my wife laugh sadly.

Does anybody stack them downthe middle when they got > a dozen eggs ?

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    lol, where's the fun in that? With the removable units, adjust length to suit snow conditions/terrain/personal interest for the day. Trucking long, deep, cadillac float turns through thigh deep Surprise Creek Silk is better with; pivoty/tight schmears and jump turns down 40 degree old growth on compacted wet grains around the town of Stewart is better without.

Sometimes I want cream with my coffee, sometimes I don't.
    bought the wrong length eh

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    bought the wrong length eh
    Egg cartons or skis?

Have the next length up for both.

For the Darksides; kinka prefer the slightly softer flex, suspension and perimeter weighting feel of the 174's with tipntailxtendrz to 181's...181's are a lil planky, still good, but...a bit planky.
    Master of mediocrity.

The first egg box was invented in London. The modern egg carton was patented in the US (in 1969!). I understand why some might call one of the intermediate designs from Canada THE definitive egg carton--everyone needs to feel like they matter.