Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OCD

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I thought everyone did it this way.

I like to mix them up but have unintentionally put the lighter colored ones at one end with the darker ones at the other end, but I use them randomly and move them towards the front to avoid offending them.

Attachment 316758
    Might wanna weigh each egg individually and place them with heaviest at the ends tapering to lightest in the middle to optimize the end to end weight balance...kinda like loading helicopters but not really like loading helicopters.
    Master of mediocrity.

I like to mix them up but have unintentionally put the lighter colored ones at one end with the darker ones at the other end, but I use them randomly and move them towards the front to avoid offending them.

Attachment 316758
    The dark ones go in back, right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My wife likes to hard boil a half dozen and put them back in the container with the regular eggs.

Always fun when I grab one to eat, like a roulette game.

thats the kind of playful shit is going to keep you out of the Tammy Wynette thread
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My wife likes to hard boil a half dozen and put them back in the container with the regular eggs.

Always fun when I grab one to eat, like a roulette game.

You spin them on the counter to determine hard boiled vs raw...problem is I can never remember exactly how they spin differently, so it is still a roulette game.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    You spin them on the counter to determine hard boiled vs raw...problem is I can never remember exactly how they spin differently, so it is still a roulette game.
    Yea I shake them and you can kinda tell. Also, when we have the Egglands Best eggs they have an ink stamp and once boiled the ink bleeds and fades so I can tell that way too.

Pick an egg and crack it on the edge of the pan. If it doesn’t crack open (ie hard boiled), Chuck it in the sink. Repeat until omelette complete and/or sink full.
    Pretty sure this will “solve” the hard boiled problem.

However many are in a shit ton.

Russian egg roulette

It’s not hard to remember. The yoke is heavy.
    If they’re hard boiled the yolk is off center and the spinning egg will wobble.
    Raw eggs, the yoke finds the calm center.

Helpful to know if your OCD demands that you always crack hard boiled eggs on your forehead
    . . .

Attachment 316758
    Mixing eggs of different color in the same carton is unnatural and against god's will.

Good way to wind up with a bunch of broken eggs on the floor.

OCD

Soft boiled eggs anyone? Steam them! Works perfectly every time.

Sorry about the ads, i saw it in an old test kitchen that i guess is premium content now but the technique in this one is the same.

https://www.savorysimple.net/perfect-soft-boiled-eggs/

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I struggle not to correct split infinitives.
    You guys need to really lay off the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You guys need to really lay off the eggs.
    Eggxactly

OCD

Excel formatting. I have a several page long document I make my accountants adhere to. I’m fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Russian egg roulette

Helpful to know if your OCD demands that you always crack hard boiled eggs on your forehead
    My wife and daughter beg to differ. According to them, Hard boiled eggs are stable and uncooked wobble because the yolks in a raw egg can move. Nothing personal, but this is eggsactly the kind of esoterica that my wife never gets wrong. That said, what you claim makes sense. So, I guess we are still at egg roulette.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

My wife and daughter beg to differ. According to them, Hard boiled eggs are stable and uncooked wobble because the yolks in a raw egg can move. Nothing personal, but this is eggsactly the kind of esoterica that my wife never gets wrong. That said, what you claim makes sense. So, I guess we are still at egg roulette.
    As a veterinarian I would expect you to know the answer. An egg is , after all, a preborn chicken.

Gawd people are weird. IDGAF. Got yelled at recently by housemate for loading the TP wrong. It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter. Maybe if you have cats?

But what kind of monster puts hangers on the rack backwards? That's fucked up.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Gawd people are weird. IDGAF. Got yelled at recently by housemate for loading the TP wrong. It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter. Maybe if you have cats?

But what kind of monster puts hangers on the rack backwards? That's fucked up.
    We're not talking OCD any more. We're talking sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Russian egg roulette

Back to the school, dude.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/teach/a...ons-first-law/

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

The egg thing is a perfect demonstration of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle--the only way to determine whether it is the hard boiled egg or the raw egg that is wobbling is to break the egg.

Edit--that's Heisenberg the physicist, not Heisenberg the chemist.

My wife threw a new wrinkle into the problem of how to remove the eggs from the carton. She cut the carton in half to make more room in the refrigerator (not that it actually makes any difference, that's just her OCD--can't stand a bunch of empty egg spaces.)

Unmatched Tupperware and socks are promptly disposed of in my house. Tuppperware must be stored with the lid on.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Unmatched Tupperware and socks are promptly disposed of in my house. Tuppperware must be stored with the lid on.
    So you can’t stack it?

I realize that there are people who can accept a hunting through a jumble of lids and containers in their cabinet to find a matched pair. I am not one of those people.

Well if you make a nice stack of size coordinated lids next to your neatly stacked tupperware bowls it can save a ton of space. Unless space isn’t an issue then by all means store lidded.

If you have, like, 2 storage containers you can store them with the lid on. Otherwise, where the fuck they all gonna go?
    For some reason, between my housemate and I, we have a ton of mostly not so large containers. Here's a fun one: manufacturers often put some kind of design or mark on the lid that matches the design on the container, so while 2 lids may look close and be frustrating to figure out, you may realize one has a star on it that matches the stars on some of the containers (as an example). Mate found.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

They’re like Sneetches that way.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.