Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OCD

OCD

I take eggs out of the carton from both ends so that the remaining eggs are symmetrical in the center. But I do tolerate an odd number of eggs remaining so I guess not a severe case.

That pile of magazines had better be cleanly stacked and parallel with the edges of the coffee table, am I right?

I have some of it for sure. And my wife has whatever the opposite is. It keeps things...interesting.

I am oppositional and contrary, obsessively. That doesn't help anything.

It's not a big deal if you do that stuff. It's a big deal if you CAN'T NOT do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have some of it for sure. And my wife has whatever the opposite is. It keeps things...interesting.
    ibid; op cit; ditto;
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I do the exact same thing with y eggs

Quote Originally Posted by tango uniform View Post
    I do the exact same thing with y eggs
    Same here. What kind of animal takes eggs out of the carton at random??

^^^ I start at one end, and work toward the other. Any other way is just weird.

All light switches must be in the down/off position as I head to bed.

Recently moved into a new place and had to change 4 switches that the electrician didn't have set to be down/off (is that called a 3-way when you have two switches for the dining light?).

My wife doesn’t have ocd
    She just has superior organizational skills
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    All light switches must be in the down/off position as I head to bed.

Recently moved into a new place and had to change 4 switches that the electrician didn't have set to be down/off (is that called a 3-way when you have two switches for the dining light?).
    Don’t have to change the switch
    Just swap the traveler wires.

One of the few things that does bug me.

And the screws on the light switch. They can be vertical or horizontal, but anything in between is wrong.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And the screws on the light switch. They can be vertical or horizontal, but anything in between is wrong.
    They did get that correct. All light and plugin plates have vertically aligned plate screws

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I take eggs out of the carton from both ends so that the remaining eggs are symmetrical in the center. But I do tolerate an odd number of eggs remaining so I guess not a severe case.
    you mean not everyone does this? I thought this was common sense for balance? Huh...

I wont leave the radio volume on an odd #.

They did get that correct. All light and plugin plates have vertically aligned plate screws
    if not must align with thumbnail - not screwdriver.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

- stereo volume set by 5s
    - zero shortcuts or files on my computer desktop
    - the egg carton thing
    - silverware organized going into the dishwasher (in general dishwasher organization is a big one)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My upraising was influenced by strict German merchant mariner, my wife was by west van hippy mixed with American contentious objector. I bite my tongue a lot and probably should get a mouth guard for nighttime.
    Regarding eggs, folks were in the small farm biz. Now I arrange the eggs by size, so that orderly selection also results in even cooking across the batch. Don't get me started on something lying about on the floor at home that others are observed walking by oblivious.
    Weed and whiskey helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    if not must align with thumbnail - not screwdriver.
    With your thumbnail? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Come on, man - if you didn't do it this way you'd be a complete SAVAGE. We are civilized humans...

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    My upraising was influenced by strict German merchant mariner, my wife was by west van hippy mixed with American contentious objector. I bite my tongue a lot and probably should get a mouth guard for nighttime.
    Regarding eggs, folks were in the small farm biz. Now I arrange the eggs by size, so that orderly selection also results in even cooking across the batch. Don't get me started on something lying about on the floor at home that others are observed walking by oblivious.
    Weed and whiskey helps.
    You must beca lot of fun at parties. Bring the weed and the whisky.

I'm not OCD, it just makes more sense to have the toilet paper over the top, tooth paste squeezed from the bottom, and take eggs from the far end of the cartoon so it doesn't over balance when you remove it from the frig.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

OCD

I certainly am not the life of any party, but I always get the invite cause when shit goes sideways, I am the one that keeps his shit together and gets the group outa the soup.
    But ya, one old roommate from many moons ago used to call me old straightedge. I suppose that's a step up from blockhead kraut.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I'm not OCD, it just makes more sense to have the toilet paper over the top, tooth paste squeezed from the bottom, and take eggs from the far end of the cartoon so it doesn't over balance when you remove it from the frig.
    Those things aren’t OCD. Not even close.

These are just personal habits,not OCD

OCD is an anxiety disorder characterized by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and ritualized, repetitive behaviors you feel compelled to perform. If you have OCD, you probably recognize that your obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors are irrational—but even so, you feel unable to resist them and break free