Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I mainly ski in the PNW and I've had the 186 x88's for a couple of seasons as my no new snow and groomer ski. I think it's a great ski.

It really impressed me one day up at Stevens on how it held an edge going through refrozen chicken heads and garbage snow. It kinda reminded me of a mini Pro Rider. So much so I skied that same line a few more times to make sure that what I had experienced wasn't a fluke (it wasn't).

But what I've found with that ski is if you're being a bit lazy, ie not on top of the ski, they have a tendency to want to squirt out from under you. They tend to punish lazy skiing and poor technique. IMO if you're looking for an easy ski to lackadaisically cruise around the x88's aren't the ski for you.

Dynastar did make a ski a few years ago that did tend to wash out whenever you'd find an ice patch and that ski was the Cham 107 2.0. That ski was great just about everywhere until you'd hit an icy patch of snow while you were carving. When that happened the tails would instantly wash out and you were definitely going down. That ski scared the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I really didn't ever want to go below the M102s and Enforcer 104s in width.

But I think a Covid ski season is different?

Instead of my typical season of 25 Whistler days + 15 Mt Baker days+ 10 Powder Highway days....its' gonna be just 50 Whistler/Blackcomb days.....first world problems I know.

I already have 20 days at WB inbounds, mostly at Blackcomb actually, as the lines seem better there?

So I should try a mid to low 90mm waisted ski. But no narrower!! I think the E94 could be it.
    Every time I convince myself to buy something sub 100 ski I sell it quick. I convince myself i need more grip on firm days but it never pays off for me.

Then again I'm buying cheap skis without the most modern shape.

Is the enforcer 94 similar to the other offerings? It's usually the stiff flat tail that punishes my man bod into not loving the skis. And fear of too much speed.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

This is the first week of the season where I felt tempted to take out a sub-100 ski at Whistler. I was on my Menace 98s all day on Monday though, and kept wishing I was on my Wildcat 108s instead. Sure you gain some grip on groomers with a narrower ski, but something wider and with a bit less sidecut handles off-piste chalk, windbuff, firm crud etc. much better.

Actually, the Mantra 102s would have been a perfect ski for Whistler this week.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    This is the first week of the season where I felt tempted to take out a sub-100 ski at Whistler. I was on my Menace 98s all day on Monday though, and kept wishing I was on my Wildcat 108s instead. Sure you gain some grip on groomers with a narrower ski, but something wider and with a bit less sidecut handles off-piste chalk, windbuff, firm crud etc. much better.
    Actually, the Mantra 102s would have been a perfect ski for Whistler this week.
    Ya good points and relevant to me. I've spent years ripping groomers on wide skis: Moment Bibbys, Lib NAS Pows, Icelantic Nomads, Candide 5.0s etc. All good. And I can't imagine a day when we're skiing Whistler that we are not off-piste for a lot of the day. And its not smooth as Jongle describes. I sold my Menace 98s for the exact reasons/conditions Jongle stated above.

I'm really just trying to justify buying another pair of good skis. I know my Enforcer Free 104 + Volkl M102 will be a great combo for low tide.

Thanks for talking me out of it.....for now! Carry on.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-22-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    What???
    I don’t get this at all. No way I’d ever want to be on a 108 in those conditions.
    Hasn’t snowed in weeks around here either and its firm. Been on 93’s more this year than any in memory. Just way more precise and composed in firm conditions and not just on groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    What???
    I don’t get this at all. No way I’d ever want to be on a 108 in those conditions.
    Hasn’t snowed in weeks around here either and its firm. Been on 93’s more this year than any in memory. Just way more precise and composed in firm conditions and not just on groomers.
    I don't know what it's like where you are, but at Whistler during dry spells the terrain off piste tends to be variable and somewhat 3D - chalky, punchy, crusty, chickenheads, etc. It's rare get truly hard, icy conditions. I find that wider skis with a bit of tip and tail rocker are better suited for beat-up Whistler conditions (e.g. less likely to get hung up in punchy snow). Enforcer 104s seem like they'd be pretty ideal, or Fischer Ranger 102s. If I'm going to ski groomers for most of the day I'll just drop $20 for an on-mountain demo of Head Supershapes or something like that, but I don't do that often enough to justify owning a dedicated groomer ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    But what I've found with that ski is if you're being a bit lazy, ie not on top of the ski, they have a tendency to want to squirt out from under you. They tend to punish lazy skiing and poor technique. IMO if you're looking for an easy ski to lackadaisically cruise around the x88's aren't the ski for you.
    I feel personally attacked....lol
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I feel personally attacked....lol
    That wasn't my intention. Lol. I typically resemble the lackadaisical skiing remarks. My fitness took a hit from dealing with a few different injuries this fall and I took the x88's to the hill yesterday.

My lack of fitness along with me only skiing more progressively mounted skis so far this season reminded me of how much of a handful the x88's can be. I avoided eating shit but there were a couple of sketchy moments up on the hill. But damnit that ski felt amazing when I got up in the front seat and stopped being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    That wasn't my intention. Lol. I typically resemble the lackadaisical skiing remarks. My fitness took a hit from dealing with a few different injuries this fall and I took the x88's to the hill yesterday.

My lack of fitness along with me only skiing more progressively mounted skis so far this season reminded me of how much of a handful the x88's can be. I avoided eating shit but there were a couple of sketchy moments up on the hill. But damnit that ski felt amazing when I got up in the front seat and stopped being lazy.
    lol, I ski my Billy Goats like 90% of the time, so I am the poster boy for a "lazy skier".
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Love my Enforcer 110's. Actually sold my R11 192 because I liked the 110's better. Stay forward and ski feels smooth and stiff, the tails not so much. I Never really got that feeling with the R11. Personally I would love the E110 to lose the twin. Have a similar profile to the E100. Mine are mounted on the line which I like. Would maybe consider going behind the line but never forward. The E104 192 is on my radar as a future consideration. Probably wouldn't mount those forward either. Funny everyone's a little different about that stuff. Could never imagine a +2ish forward mount. YMMV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1039.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	359012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1038.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	359013

So stoked - 191 94 and 104 delivered today from Corbett’s... Tails have the stiffness of my Wren 98 and 108s but a softer tip... Will never part with my Wrens but need to get over my pussiness from my back surgeries and know these will be a bit easier going until I have faith in my back...

I will say this the 104 profile is MONEY...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Love my Enforcer 110's. Actually sold my R11 192 because I liked the 110's better. Stay forward and ski feels smooth and stiff, the tails not so much. I Never really got that feeling with the R11. Personally I would love the E110 to lose the twin. Have a similar profile to the E100. Mine are mounted on the line which I like. Would maybe consider going behind the line but never forward. The E104 192 is on my radar as a future consideration. Probably wouldn't mount those forward either. Funny everyone's a little different about that stuff. Could never imagine a +2ish forward mount. YMMV.
    Was thinking along the same lines the other day. If they made the E100 about 106-108 if would rival the Cochise, which I once owned then destroyed in bad conditions in Argentina one year. I'm guessing the number of skiers who own and appreciate that ski are pretty small world wide though. Anyway, I own the E93, 104 Free, and 110. I like them all though the 110's haven't seen nearly enough days on snow. Maybe next week.
    And I'm on the line with all of them too.

Nice looking skis Undertow. Jealous of the 94s. You will love the E 104.

I own R11s in a 180cm. Great ski. Would love to own Enforcer 110s or 115s. I'd want them still a twin and mount at +2cm. haha

I'd probably own a pair of 110s now, but I don't get the sizing re the Enforcer 104 (179cm / 186cm / 191cm) vs. the Enforcer 110 (177cm / 185cm / 191cm). And the 115 only in a 191cm?

Re the Enforcer 110....177cm seems short and 185cm seems long? Why not consistent with the 104 sizing?

Ya I know it's only a few cm but at 5'7" / 165 lbs and skiing 185cm skis for 20 years I finally figured out that 179cm-181cm just fits my leg length and body weight better.

My question is why doesn’t the Enforcer 110 come in a 180cm and 187cm and 192cm?? Nordica seems pretty smart but their 110 sizing seems strange.

Or just add a 180cm and 186cm for the Enforcer 115 and I'll be happy!
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-22-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Was thinking along the same lines the other day. If they made the E100 about 106-108 if would rival the Cochise, which I once owned then destroyed in bad conditions in Argentina one year. I'm guessing the number of skiers who own and appreciate that ski are pretty small world wide though. Anyway, I own the E93, 104 Free, and 110. I like them all though the 110's haven't seen nearly enough days on snow. Maybe next week.
    And I'm on the line with all of them too.
    I guess if the 110 lost the twin, it would cross that line from playful charger to just plan old charger. Could be the best ski evah...for me anyways. But reality is chargers don't sell. I skied and really liked the Nordica Girish for a few seasons. Almost the exact same dimensions as the E110 with a flat tail. Those things were cadillac's.

I guess if the 110 lost the twin, it would cross that line from playful charger to just plan old charger. Could be the best ski evah...for me anyways. But reality is chargers don't sell. I skied and really liked the Nordica Girish for a few seasons. Almost the exact same dimensions as the E110 with a flat tail. Those things were cadillac's.
    Interesting take. Never skied the Girish. I actually think the rocker in the tail is what makes the Enforcer 110 work. For me, it is what makes it “fun” and “loose” and not just a dead stick.

I want the Enforcer 115 free layup with the 110 dimensions. It would give the ski a bit more backbone and top end that many people seem to see the current Enforcer 110 lacking.

Dare to dream.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I wonder how these will ski?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611364945.973830.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	359222

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Interesting take. Never skied the Girish. I actually think the rocker in the tail is what makes the Enforcer 110 work. For me, it is what makes it “fun” and “loose” and not just a dead stick.

I want the Enforcer 115 free layup with the 110 dimensions. It would give the ski a bit more backbone and top end that many people seem to see the current Enforcer 110 lacking.

Dare to dream.
    Skied my 110’s today just groomers and bumps. Been dicking around with other skis and coming back to them was like returning to an old friend. Such good skis.

Just a little more top end and crud bashing and I’d lose eyes for others.

Like the K108....

I think I'm selling my 186 104 Frees. Last years model. Skied a couple half days. Drilled once for STH2 WTR on the line for a 302 BSL. Bases did get pretty scratched on one low tide day, but nothing close to a core shot. I'm thinking $325 + shipping. $475 + shipping with the bindings. Will post in gear swap pretty soon.

Why am I selling? I want a less rockered tail and a longer radius. I've skied them back to back with QST 106's and those just suit me better. Found myself skiing faster on the QST's even though they are shorter (181), lighter, and mounted with Tectons. I think I'm too old school for a tail as loose as the 104 Free's, at least when I'm on firmer snow.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I think I'm selling my 186 104 Frees. Last years model. Skied a couple half days. Drilled once for STH2 WTR on the line for a 302 BSL. Bases did get pretty scratched on one low tide day, but nothing close to a core shot. I'm thinking $325 + shipping. $475 + shipping with the bindings. Will post in gear swap pretty soon.

Why am I selling? I want a less rockered tail and a longer radius. I've skied them back to back with QST 106's and those just suit me better. Found myself skiing faster on the QST's even though they are shorter (181), lighter, and mounted with Tectons. I think I'm too old school for a tail as loose as the 104 Free's, at least when I'm on firmer snow.
    I totally get what you are saying. I only skied and owned the 188 QST106, but it was a more damp ski than the 104 Free. The 104 is solid on groomers, but a little more lively/energetic and really wants to stay in that radius on hard snow. I could see how the QST106 feels more natural on hard snow for the style you described. And, the 104 Free does have a lot of tail rocker...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I totally get what you are saying. I only skied and owned the 188 QST106, but it was a more damp ski than the 104 Free. The 104 is solid on groomers, but a little more lively/energetic and really wants to stay in that radius on hard snow. I could see how the QST106 feels more natural on hard snow for the style you described. And, the 104 Free does have a lot of tail rocker...
    Yeah, I like the Enforcers, but I have to think a bit when I'm skiing them because the tails behave a bit differently than my other skis. My Rustler 11s, QST 106s and Zero G 105s are all a bit different, but when I switch between them I don't need to think about it. I just ski.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Cross post from gear swap, I'm on the hunt for 185cm Enforcer 110s.

I'm pretty convinced that's the right length, everything I've ever skied has fallen in the 181-186cm range. Most recently 186cm Rossignol S3s. I travel to ski so I'm picturing using them to hunt out stashes late in the powder day, and all day the day after, and the day after that, which involves a lot of scraped out gullies and tight trees regardless of location. Anyone want to back up my assessment? I'm 6'1" 155lbs, finesse skier.

So interesting how we all have different likes/styles/preferences etc.

I bought 2020 QST 106s and 2020 Enforcers 104s during early summer Covid sales before we knew there would be skiing this year. Paid $479 CDN for each (approx $350US). Sold the QSTs about 2 weeks ago with the one mount for $450CDN shipped. So I’m out $29 and the ship cost.

Skied the QSTs for 4 days. So about $15/day to ski them. Cheaper than demoing.

Sold the QSTs cause I liked the Enforcers more.

Also have R11s.

Just skied two days inbounds at Whistler. Great visibility. No lift lines; chalky and crunchy on Sat and about 2-4” blower dust on chalky today.

Enforcer 104s perfect in those conditions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9342.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	359695
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-25-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post

I'm pretty convinced that's the right length, everything I've ever skied has fallen in the 181-186cm range. Most recently 186cm Rossignol S3s. I travel to ski so I'm picturing using them to hunt out stashes late in the powder day, and all day the day after, and the day after that, which involves a lot of scraped out gullies and tight trees regardless of location. Anyone want to back up my assessment? I'm 6'1" 155lbs, finesse skier.
    The 185 should work great for you. I’m 6’1 200 on the 185s and they work great for me. Also don’t rule out the 186cm enforcer 104 from your search, they are both very similar and I think either one would be great at what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks all, much appreciated. I ruled out the Enforcer 104s because I have a set of Sick Day 104s for BC trips and plan to add inserts for 50:50 usage. Ideally they can replace the S3 slot once all mounted up.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post

$510 shipped from Corbetts. Not bad for a new ski.