Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    The Santa Ana is the ladies version of the enforcer, correct? I'm looking to put my wife into a set of the 84s or maybe the 88s. She needs something with metal and stability after coming from the Captis birdie which needs a lot of work to release the tails.
    Perhaps not terribly helpful due to width difference, but my wife skied the Santa Ana 104 Free for roughly 25 days last year and found em more stable/less chattery than her Sheeva 10s in firm (due to the full sheet of metal), with a similar (releasable) tail, and no noticeable drop off in 3D. She then discovered Secret 96s and didn’t ski anything else (maybe 25 days) save pow days, but she does prefer a directional ski with a flatter tail for non pow conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Perhaps not terribly helpful due to width difference, but my wife skied the Santa Ana 104 Free for roughly 25 days last year and found em more stable/less chattery than her Sheeva 10s in firm (due to the full sheet of metal), with a similar (releasable) tail, and no noticeable drop off in 3D. She then discovered Secret 96s and didn’t ski anything else (maybe 25 days) save pow days, but she does prefer a directional ski with a flatter tail for non pow conditions.
    I had her demo the Sheeva 9 and she wasn't really impressed with that. I love my wife, but she is a cruise the blues/do her own thing level of skier right now. I like the sound of the Secret 96 but I'm reading it does need to be driven aggressively?

I had her demo the Sheeva 9 and she wasn't really impressed with that. I love my wife, but she is a cruise the blues/do her own thing level of skier right now. I like the sound of the Secret 96 but I'm reading it does need to be driven aggressively?
    Compared to her other two skis I would say yes (more metal, mount -11, flatter tail), but its not crazy demanding; Volkl did a good job with their 'Tailored Titanal Frame', meaning the shorter lengths are more accessible for the smaller humans.
    My wife is a pretty good skier, and does know how to pressure a boot to release a ski, but not a charger/ex racer (if you've ever skied BComb, she skis some Spanky's/Secret Bowl/Pakalolo, but Saudan/Chainsaw are still on the list).
    Not sure where your home mountain is, but if she only had one (Whistler) ski (of the 3), it would likely be a sized up Santa Ana 104, as the Secret is great in firm to a couple inches, but is harder to release in anything deeper (similar to an easier going Bonafide), where the Santa Ana gives up some in the firm, but is more stable than the Sheeva 10, and still floats/slashes great in 3D. Secret 96 would be a great quiver of 1 in a lower snow area I would guess, and it is the ski she reaches for the most, just not the best in 3D. I think Blister's info on all 3 is pretty accurate.

5'7, 135
    163 Secret 96 (DD; bought these after the Santa Anas, I think she's ready for the 170)
    165 Santa Ana 104 (rehab ski post dislocated patella; 172 would be closer equivalent to 163 Secret re running length, etc)
    172 Sheeva 10 (pre-injury DD and post injury pow ski)

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 09-22-2022 at 06:44 PM.

Fantastic thanks for that. I might get her to demo them all this year at Louise. Our home hill is Fernie, but we won't be spending any time there this year as it's the last season before our home there is built, so we are banging around the mountain collective resorts for 22/23.

Not sure if discussed yet, but this years 115 has 2 sheets of metal and last couple seasons it was sporting one sheet.

Loved my version with one sheet but excited for an even better ski in choppy pow. Anyone got time on the 2023 version?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    Not sure if discussed yet, but this years 115 has 2 sheets of metal and last couple seasons it was sporting one sheet.

Loved my version with one sheet but excited for an even better ski in choppy pow. Anyone got time on the 2023 version?

You sure about that? I have the first year Enforcer Pro (115) and they have two sheets of metal…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    You sure about that? I have the first year Enforcer Pro (115) and they have two sheets of metal…

BM is right. It’s had two sheets since the start. Another great reason to have a blister membership….

I know first year had two sheets, CO rep said it was a misprint and last couple of years have been single sheet to make it less demanding, and now back to 2 sheets. Was I duped? Can anyone in the know confirm this?

I have a blister membership

Enforcer 115 Free/Pro has always had 2 sheets of metal and still does. In 2020, the carbon infused fibreglass and true tip(wood core instead of heavier plastic spacer in the tip to reduce swing weight) that the new 104 featured was also added in both the 110 Free and 115 Free. Later added on the 94 and 100 Enforcers too.

The 20 and newer Enforcer 110 went up a bit in weight(100-150gr) vs previous years with the change but flex remained the same. The Enforcer 115 is still around 2300gr with similar flex to the Pro but should feel a bit more lively with lighter swing weight.
    Canadian places with 22 Enforcer 115 for $629.99 CAN right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    I know first year had two sheets, CO rep said it was a misprint and last couple of years have been single sheet to make it less demanding, and now back to 2 sheets. Was I duped? Can anyone in the know confirm this?

I have a blister membership
    look up the enforcer 115. It says unchanged for the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    look up the enforcer 115. It says unchanged for the last 6 years.
    I would not place overly much emphasis on Blister claiming something being the same - sameish, sure - identical besides graphics, not so much.

Blister claimed the same for for instance kartel116 turned jeff116. This was in spite of the ski seeing minor (sidecut tweaks, change from 22oz to 19oz glass) - and some not so minor (new layup) - tweaks every year before becoming the j118. Blister still stated that it was the same every year sans change in graphics. It was not. Radically different, also no - but the changes add up to a ski that is different.

Sure, the big brands do not do so many small tweaks as the smaller brands, but re the poster above - there are still some tweaks and updates being made from year to year.

My similarly skilled wife skied my 177 K108 for a day and had zero problems and even liked them.

This year I bought her a secret 102 in a 172. Looks like a little more camber than the katana but similar rocker lines... I'm optimistic she will like them, and will do a thorough detune.

I prefer my K108 at +1 but I have demo bindings on them. Plan to do the same for the wife so a maybe a little less "drive the shins"... Because that is definitely NOT how she skis.

I think this line from volkl is more approachable than many people think, and don't be affraid to mount a little forward.

I also have blaze 106 and I liked them at +1.5 to +2 cm.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

A bunch of dudes talking about woman's skis...too bad more woman aren't here to tell us their thoughts on the guys version of the Santa Ana 88.

When I read actual woman talk about the SA104 they don't seem as universally pleased as the men do with our version. It rattles me. What is different?

Based on that, despite my love for the E104, my wife gets Rallybird 102's this year. She needs the loose tail and no metal. The only metal ski she loves is the old version Black Pearl 78. The BP 88 is not her friend.

We mounted a pair of SA 88's for the kids college friend that is a girl last winter. Very intermediate skier on the light side and she loved them, swiveled them as needed, and the metal gave her no problems. Hopefully she will learn to bend them someday.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

^^^ ok replace "secret" with "mantra" in my above post if it makes you feel better... Because they are the same ski.

And I was also talking about how my wife skied my MENS Katana, so....

Last edited by Shorty_J; 09-25-2022 at 09:36 AM.

The Santa Ana and Enforcers used to both have 2 sheets of metal which was sometimes an issue for lighter women skiers. From 21 onwards, all SA widths now have just one tailored sheet of metal instead of the two full sheets reducing weight and making them a bit more forgiving. They also added the True Tip and Carbon chassis like all the Enforcers received.
    That single sheet is even more tailored in the wider widths(104/110) making an even more accessible ski vs the older versions. “Terrain specific metal” they call it.
    They are using a similar single metal sheet in the new Unleashed 98/98W and Unleashed 108.

More powerful female skiers might now choose the Enforcer version instead to get the extra weight and torsional stiffness if the Enforcer lengths work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ ok replace "secret" with "mantra" in my above post if it makes you feel better... Because they are the same ski.

And I was also talking about how my wife skied my MENS Katana, so....

I'm just lamenting the lack of female voices here. Not being critical of people posting the information they have.

I've demoed the Rustler 9, M6, and E94. I also thought the Rustler was kind of a meh ski, didn't excel at anything but no notable faults either. E94 is the easiest ski of the 3 (none of them are demanding), easiest to maneuver and most forgiving while also being capable of going pretty fast. The M6 is stiffer and has a higher speed limit but the E94 would be a better ski for someone who doesn't typically ski aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I've demoed the Rustler 9, M6, and E94. I also thought the Rustler was kind of a meh ski, didn't excel at anything but no notable faults either. E94 is the easiest ski of the 3 (none of them are demanding), easiest to maneuver and most forgiving while also being capable of going pretty fast. The M6 is stiffer and has a higher speed limit but the E94 would be a better ski for someone who doesn't typically ski aggressively.
    Rustler 9 is not the Blizzard ski to compare with the M6 and Enforcer 94 - should have skied the Bonafide 97 at the same time. R9 is more easy-going, does everything pretty damn well, but doesn't rail like a flat-tailed carver - I use it to ski with the family and it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'm just lamenting the lack of female voices here. Not being critical of people posting the information they have.

Ok fair enough... That's not the way I interpreted that so thanks for clarifying.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Have tried chatting with my wife about gear. It’s pretty clear. She doesn’t care about gear. Unless she doesn’t like it. Then I hear.

She’s a Kootenay born and raised girl. Taught skiing at Kimberley. Went to school in Colorada, taught skiing in Europe...she can really ski. She’s fast. Most of my buddies can’t keep up with her for full day. She will ski stuff that scares the shit out of me.

Her bsl is only 11 mm less than mine, so we can bump an STH heel forward for her. In the last few year's she's skied my: 179cm E104s, 180cm J Metals, 177cm (~179cm) M102s, 176cm 4FRNT MSP 99s, 181cm Icelantic Nomads, 180cm Elan Ripstick 96 Blacks, 184cm 4FRNT Ravens and 181cm 4FRNT InThaynes. She said all those skis were pretty easy to ski.

She’s 5’6”, 127lbs. She’s currently got a 172cm Santa Ana 104, a 175cm Mindbender 106C and a 177cm Icelantic Maiden. I’m thinking the 172cm Enforcer 88 for her (not a Santa Ana 88). Anyone seen any deals on a 172cm E88? I haven’t. Thx

EDIT - or I just buy myself a 179cm E94 and let her use the 179cm E88s? She could handle the length I’m sure.

Last edited by kc_7777; 09-26-2022 at 02:55 PM.

^ If you're in the Kootenays let her take my wife skiing and maybe it'll rub off hahah. I'm leaning towards the Enforcer 88 as well, maybe the 94.

Lot's of great info here. I understand the lack of female voices, it's kind of an echo chamber in that sense. But much like kc_7777s girl, mine doesn't give a shit about gear........unless she hates it.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Didn’t think this day would ever come….but I sold my 179cm E104s.

Bought them from Fanatykco a few summers ago on sale for $469CDN. Sold them flat locally for $350CDN.

Wanted a slightly longer ski. But so glad I owned these and will likely pick up another pair one day (and mount at +1cm vs +2cm).

I skied these a ton. And sold them for ~70% of their t"taxes in" cost. Approx $3-4/ski day? Which only is possible because Nordica’s build quality is great, and these skis still looked mint.

Now have the 180cm Nordica Unleashed 108 on my radar …. though I’m likely covered in that size with my 183cm Season Nexus and 180cm Revolt 104.

Good thing I bought the Enforcer 88, so I can still care about this thread. Leaning to a 172cm E88 for my wife too.

Thx for the memories…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8734.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	429022

Last edited by kc_7777; 10-07-2022 at 02:41 PM.

It's funny how similar the first year graphics look compared to the current model. Really wished I could have tried an Unleashed 108 in the 186. Not sure it could de-throne the MFree108, but that single sheet of metal and rocker design is intriguing.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Nice! I'm still leaning on 88s for the wife and maybe to fill a skinny ski spot in my quiver. But i'll demo them first this time around. Kinda want to try the MB89ti for her, and the MFree 90?

Nice! I'm still leaning on 88s for the wife and maybe to fill a skinny ski spot in my quiver. But i'll demo them first this time around. Kinda want to try the MB89ti for her, and the MFree 90?
    I've found the MB 89Ti for cheap ($380 CDN)....in a 170cm (really a 171cm), but the mount is -10cm. M-Free 90 is -12cm (but Blister skied those at +4cm). I know she likes -7 to - 8cm (and the E88s are -8cm). I think I'll ski my E88s, and then try to grab her some 2023s in the sales? She does not turn over skis like I do....and I think a pair of 172cm E88s would last her forever. So the extra up-front price is worth it.

K