Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    A couple of things to consider about the 110 in the 185-cm length…

- It’s really about a 183-cm total running length
    - Over 60% of the ski is rocker. 60%!!
    - The recommended mount point is like -8.5-cm from center…not really traditional
    - The metal layer in every Enforcer are thinner than most other laminate skis. They make the skis heavy and damp, but not overly stiff and demanding (especially in the 110)

Going forward is fine. At your height and weight on that size, it not really necessary. From my experience (on the 191), the 110 is the loosest feeling of the entire lineup. They really are a soft snow ski that happens to do firmer conditions fairly well, as long as you are comfortable with a drop off on the top end. I called them my “Dad day powder skis”. Easy going, lots of float, and respectable on groomers.

I suspect as more people get exposed to the Unleashed 108’s, they will grow into a much more popular offering for the under 40 crowd who wants a ski that is a bit lighter and energetic.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    My skis go from -3cm to -7cm.

I had my E104s at +2.5? Super maneuverable there. If was to do them again +2cm. Also at +2cm on my Unleashed 108s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I tried my E104s at +1, absolutely hated it. They feel much more maneuverable on the line for me. Maybe I'm too used to traditional mounts, dunno

Snuck in some afternoon laps today… perfect conditions for the inaugural ride on my 115’s. Love ‘em.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	568.8 KB 
ID:	445015

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    Snuck in some afternoon laps today… perfect conditions for the inaugural ride on my 115’s. Love ‘em.

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	568.8 KB 
ID:	445015
    Looks like a proper christening! Looking forward to your impressions.

Thanks for the input, everybody. I'm 44 with a 6 and 9 year old. I can live with these being my Dad pow skis.

Hmm.... that mount point. +1, maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    I tried my E104s at +1, absolutely hated it. They feel much more maneuverable on the line for me. Maybe I'm too used to traditional mounts, dunno
    I haven't played with mount points much, but I'm curious if I'd even notice a 1cm change. I moved my BC 100's from the line to +3 and I went from not skiing them to loving that them.

I'm debating mount point of my new Faction La Machine Max's right now. I think they're going on the "New School" line (+3cm). I really like to play in the trees and like a ski that pivots quickly. I'll sacrifice some top speed for that.

Once I get the Enforcers in my hands I'll probably geek out with a tape measure and sharpie then decide on mount point.

Name:	IMG_1686.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	445348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1685.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	445349

This past weekend was DEEP at Snowbird (and, well, pretty much everywhere else in Utah). For reference, I’m 6’4” and I was up to my waist gettin’ face shots all day long on the E115’s. These things are keepers for sure. I’m happy that Bandit put the kibosh on messing with the mount point. They feel perfectly balanced to me at recommended - I can drive them, I can ski them centered, and I never felt the dreaded tip dive in the pow. Even though they’re 3mm skinnier than my old trusty 190 Bibby’s, I feel like the E115s are better true powder skis. I also find them to be surprisingly maneuverable and easy to slash and pivot compared to what I’ve read about them. Anyways… more to come. I’m sure I’ll be on these quite a bit this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post

Name:	IMG_1686.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	445348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1685.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	445349

This past weekend was DEEP at Snowbird (and, well, pretty much everywhere else in Utah). For reference, I’m 6’4” and I was up to my waist gettin’ face shots all day long on the E115’s. These things are keepers for sure. I’m happy that Bandit put the kibosh on messing with the mount point. They feel perfectly balanced to me at recommended - I can drive them, I can ski them centered, and I never felt the dreaded tip dive in the pow. Even though they’re 3mm skinnier than my old trusty 190 Bibby’s, I feel like the E115s are better true powder skis. I also find them to be surprisingly maneuverable and easy to slash and pivot compared to what I’ve read about them. Anyways… more to come. I’m sure I’ll be on these quite a bit this season.
    Snowbird during a storm cycle with E115's on your feet sounds dreamy. I've been really surprised how versatile they are. They float and smear. Push through crud quite well and even hold up on groomers (as long as they aren't too icy). Glad you have pleased so far and look forward to your longer-term impressions, especially in less than "all-time" conditions.

I'm one day into skiing my 110's. 4-10" of fresh, light snow over ice. I ended up mounting +1 from the line and I'm glad I didn't go further. Coming from very center mount skis as my daily drivers I really didn't feel like I was too far back and I appreciated the float and ability to smash through chop.

I like them a lot. So damp compared to what I usually ski. The weight is noticeable, but gives them that tractor like quality. They seem to float well when I found some blown-in, deeper, snow. They never felt too wide to me, but I daily a 107 right now, so...

Later this week I'll ride them on some set up snow. I'll update what I think after I get some more time on them. I can already tell that these won't make too many park laps, but that's not what I got them for.

Overall, I'm happy. They aren't flashy, but they fill the role I wanted.

ENFORCER 110 COMPARO?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    A couple of things to consider about the 110 in the 185-cm length…

- It’s really about a 183-cm total running length
    - Over 60% of the ski is rocker. 60%!!
    - The recommended mount point is like -8.5-cm from center…not really traditional
    - The metal layer in every Enforcer are thinner than most other laminate skis. They make the skis heavy and damp, but not overly stiff and demanding (especially in the 110)

Going forward is fine. At your height and weight on that size, it not really necessary. From my experience (on the 191), the 110 is the loosest feeling of the entire lineup. They really are a soft snow ski that happens to do firmer conditions fairly well, as long as you are comfortable with a drop off on the top end. I called them my “Dad day powder skis”. Easy going, lots of float, and respectable on groomers.

I suspect as more people get exposed to the Unleashed 108’s, they will grow into a much more popular offering for the under 40 crowd who wants a ski that is a bit lighter and energetic.
    Did I see a comparison of the 191 Enforcer and the 194 sender squad in a thread? Can either compare for charging power with the 192 M Pro 108?
    Set waves, powder days

Looking at the E110 Free for my first "metal ski". Not sure if its the right ski but just going off shop recos right now - I skied the E104 last year in really cold ass conditions and wasn't super impressed, however it was the 186 I believe. 6'2 / 220lbs, on the entry end of expert skiing and I'm more of a "whats over there" and what side hits can I find type of skier. But wife and kiddo dictate I don't go too far from the groomers.

Really looking for something that smashes through the chop, doesn't let me overpower them and is good for anything. Don't have a single metal ski in my quiver. The other options I'm looking at are Rustler 11 and then non-metal options of the MFree 108, Moment Countach and Hustle 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Looking at the E110 Free for my first "metal ski". Not sure if its the right ski but just going off shop recos right now - I skied the E104 last year in really cold ass conditions and wasn't super impressed, however it was the 186 I believe. 6'2 / 220lbs, on the entry end of expert skiing and I'm more of a "whats over there" and what side hits can I find type of skier. But wife and kiddo dictate I don't go too far from the groomers.

Really looking for something that smashes through the chop, doesn't let me overpower them and is good for anything. Don't have a single metal ski in my quiver. The other options I'm looking at are Rustler 11 and then non-metal options of the MFree 108, Moment Countach and Hustle 11.
    Oh dude.... you have some great skis on your list, I liked the E110's a lot. Especially at +1. I think they need a bit of detuning on the tips/ tails, but nothing major. It's a versatile ski. I rode mine in bottomless pow and set up crud. They worked well in both and I had some of my best pow days on them. For reference, I'm 6' 160lbs on The 185.

My only complaints: they aren't real lively. Not surprising given their build. I had a tendency to "stack" the tips. The skis would occasionally get on top of each other and they didn't like to separate. I had a weird crash in deep snow and the same crash on firmer snow. I've never had that issue on other skis.

I moved mine along this spring.

Just to add some more confusion. Check out the J Hotshot 189. I traded the E110 for the Hotshot. It does almost everything that 110 did, but even easier to ride and much more playful/snappy. It's the easiest, most intuitive ski I've ever been on. Maybe not quite as good on pure ice, but passable for a 106 wide.

Of the rest of your list: the Countach is high on my "must try" list. I would trade the Rustler 11 for the Rustler 10 for a daily driver. I'm M-Free curious, but I feel like I'll prefer the Hotshot because of mount point.

Also, FWIW, I added two skis to replace the E110. The Hotshot in 183 (I'm smaller and lighter than you) and the Praxis Jedi Mind Stick in 190 (I'll report back after skiing it).

If I weren't a ski whore I could quiver kill with the E110. The only place I feel like it doesn't fit is DEEP back country (heli or cat) and rock hard groomers (just too wide).

My 185 E110s are pretty ho hum. I don’t hate them and I don’t love them. I recall the tips being kinda “flappy” whilst carrying speed through crud n stuff which is surprising considering I have spoken with others who described them as a “hot knife through butter” in those conditions. I will eventually replace them and the 188 Countach is the likely replacement

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

In my opinion Rustler 11s are more lively and less settled than Enforcers. R11s to me are a storm snow / soft snow / smooth snow ski (and I absolutely love them in those conditions). Enforcers feel much better in thick warm or refreezing junk snow than Rustlers. Caveat I’ve only tried the E94s, E104s and not the E110s, but the 110s have a reputation for being more damp than E104 right?

Stuntmonkey it sounds like the skis were too small for you!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

At your size, go with the Enforcer 110 in a 191. I had a pair as my “skiing with the kids on a powder day” ski. They are great on groomers but are very capable when you get to head off trail. They are damp and some might say “dead” feeling, but they aren’t demanding. I replaced them with a 192 MFree108, which are much more fun but still charge. Gave up some groomer capabilities but gained everywhere else.

Also, you have 20-lbs on me, for reference sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    My 185 E110s are pretty ho hum. I don’t hate them and I don’t love them. I recall the tips being kinda “flappy” whilst carrying speed through crud n stuff which is surprising considering I have spoken with others who described them as a “hot knife through butter” in those conditions. I will eventually replace them and the 188 Countach is the likely replacement
    Ignore the flappiness and let them run. They aren't real stiff, but they are damp. I felt like they had a pretty high speed limit in variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    At your size, go with the Enforcer 110 in a 191. I had a pair as my “skiing with the kids on a powder day” ski. They are great on groomers but are very capable when you get to head off trail. They are damp and some might say “dead” feeling, but they aren’t demanding. I replaced them with a 192 MFree108, which are much more fun but still charge. Gave up some groomer capabilities but gained everywhere else.

Also, you have 20-lbs on me, for reference sake.
    I spend 50% of my time skiing with kids, my own and the Big Mountai /Freeride kids that I coach. My criteria for a ski is that it has to be maneuverable at slower speeds since I can't charge too hard with the little people. The E110 was a good fit, but "dead" feeling. I think the Hotshot is even better. I'm curious to try the MFree 108. I'm really excited to get on the Jedi Mind Sticks. They look very Rustler 11-ish.

I'm always on the hunt for that do-it-all Freeride tool.

Lots of really great info here from y’all. Heading to Alta and Snowbird next week so I’m going to see if I can demo pretty much everything mentioned.

Rustler 11 beta makes me think I need to take a second look. But have also been quite keen to try the hotshot for a while now! It’s definitely an area of the market where there’s a lot to choose from.

Heritage Labs FR110 is also a crud buster monster truck in that range, though it has no metal. It's certainly heavy though. I like the MFree 108 though I wouldn't call it a chop destroyer. It's certainly burly though. All good options. I'm not a fan of any of the enforcer skis personally, just feel like theres newer better options available.

Name:	Image1701981983.229723.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	478624

Yes. Last year was deep and I didn’t ski these much. This season so far has been ripping groomers only. I had forgotten how good these are for the task, 88 and 94 especially.
    I believe I bought all at deep discount from our friend in Billings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post

Yes. Last year was deep and I didn’t ski these much. This season so far has been ripping groomers only. I had forgotten how good these are for the task, 88 and 94 especially.

Nice Nordica quiver.

Enforcers get a bad wrap for being “not enough ski” for bad ass chargers, but they are more than sufficient for 90% of the people on the hill. I still love my revamped 100’s. I just picked up some 94’s for a nice deal and am looking forward to trying them out. Want to do some head-to-head comparisons with my Volkl M6’s.

I got the 100 hoping it might be a "poor-man's" Mantra 102. While good it doesn't quite have that magic. I find the Enforcer just slightly planky in comparison. The 94 has plenty of pop.
    The good news is I can tune them without messing them up, like I and others have experienced with the Volkls.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post

What are your thoughts on the 88 vs the 94 in these conditions?

Did you ever voice your thoughts on the E88 to the black Brahma 88's you sold me?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    What are your thoughts on the 88 vs the 94 in these conditions?
    Not a ton of difference on the firm groomers I'm skiing. Obviously the 94 will be a bit more versatile when there's some fresh snow.