Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Riding my 186 E104's today on Ajax.. Holy fucking shit. Skiing so great out of the box...I layered them with some good warm weather wax but otherwise didn't touche em...these bad boys are just about my perfect middle quiver or one ski quiver. I am one happy camper.
    Yep. E104’s were by far my fav ski this past season at Whistler. Could have been my sore knee, but I loved their width, shape, weight, flex, easiness, all while still being able to charge a bit.
    They beat out M102s, R11s, Protos, QSTs, Ripsticks....not bad company.

Missing skiing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Yep. E104’s were by far my fav ski this past season at Whistler. Could have been my sore knee, but I loved their width, shape, weight, flex, easiness, all while still being able to charge a bit.

Missing skiing a lot.
    I noticed that K108’s didn’t make that list.

The 104 Free is really a well balance quiver-of-one ski. Picked up a 191 from a mag for my buddy and he now thins he doesn’t need an M102 either.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Riding my 186 E104's today on Ajax.. Holy fucking shit. Skiing so great out of the box...I layered them with some good warm weather wax but otherwise didn't touche em...these bad boys are just about my perfect middle quiver or one ski quiver. I am one happy camper.
    Right on! Post some more detailed thoughts when appropriate so people can get a perspective from someone other than myself or kc who both ski coastal snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I noticed that K108’s didn’t make that list.

The 104 Free is really a well balance quiver-of-one ski. Picked up a 191 from a mag for my buddy and he now thins he doesn’t need an M102 either.

M102 who I say?

PS There are a pair of K108s saved in my Corbett’s wish list. Punch me in the face if I buy a pair over the summer.

E104 all the way.

btw....can someone smarter than me explain the difference in E104 vs E110 sizes?

E104 sizing (179/186/191)

and

E110 sizing (177/185/191)

WTF??

Where the f is the ~179/180 E110?

Or make the E115 in a 179 and a 186?

M102 who I say?

PS There are a pair of K108s saved in my Corbett’s wish list. Punch me in the face if I buy a pair over the summer.

E104 all the way.

btw....can someone smarter than me explain the difference in E104 vs E110 sizes?

E104 sizing (179/186/191)

and

E110 sizing (177/185/191)

WTF??

Where the f is the ~179/180 E110?

Or make the E115 in a 179 and a 186?
    The Enforcer 110 is now what...4 seasons old? Other than the 191 length, it seems like the sizing was in line with the 93 and 100 prior to 2021?

IMO, it is easier skiing than the 104 as it has the old build and seems a tad softer. I might be wrong, but that is my perception. They also ski really short with the generous rocker profile. I picked the 191 110 based on turn radius (20.5-m). It worked out well for me.

My son had a 177 110 last year when he was 5’6” and 135-lbs. He loved everything about it except for the 16.5-m turn radius. He has since moved up to the 185 and seems like them for Pow days. He thinks he can ski my 191’s now that he is bigger, but conditions just haven’t lined up for that to happen.

Also, as an owner of the 115 Pro/Free, I see no reason for Nordica to make a shorter version as the 110 is likely plenty for most skiers who desire the shorter length.

Ps - I don’t imagine they sell tons of the 191 110.

I think I confused my E104 vs E110 sizing point by adding in the E115.

Your points make sense. I get that the E110 sizing flowed from the old E94 and E100.

Ignoring your points now.....

My point was it’s weird (to me) that the current E104 and E110 are different lengths?

eg 179 and 186 for the 104

eg 177 and 185 for the 110.

I guess they assume we should size up for pow?

Or not own both?

But say I did want to own an E104 and E110?

179 and 177

Or

179 and 185

But all my skis are 179-181 (5’7”, 170cm tall). I’ve skied 185cms....prefer ~180cm.

If you’re 6ft tall = 183cm. So a 191 is 183cm height + 8cm?

Why should I have to be at 170cm height + 15cm?

So a 177 and 185 in the 110 pisses me off. Should be 179 and 186.

I know it’s only a few cm. And it doesn’t really matter. Likely the E104 and E110 are too close a ski in size anyways.

And I have 180cm R11s instead of E110s. So I’m good.

First world problems I know. From a guy who just skied 50 days at Whistler during CoVid. Lucky I know.

I’m over it. Just doesn’t make sense! I thought Nordica would be more organized.

I’m sure it’s cause they didn’t want to change the 110 mold due to cost.

Love the E104.

Wish it was a 180cm though. Haha

Carry on.

PS awesome re your son. Give it a few more years....My 21 yr old son scares me when he absolutely rips on my 186cm 2015 Renegades.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 04-11-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Ugly, I am in the same boat... Made my annual end of year trip to Bach and never bring just one pair of skis and I did this time... Skied Bach and experienced spring cream cheese to frozen granular to dust on crust and they did not let me down...

Went to Hoo Doo today as I got hooked up with free passes from a bartender at one of my favorite Bend watering holes... I was smiling all day long and the 104s were just there for me... I could put them into short snappy turns and could than put them into long high speed GS turns... What has been stated several times is I skied from 9:30 to 3:30 with one break and so easy to ski but still held its own... It is no Wren 108 but just such a well balanced ski...

The bitch is I have new in wrappers 192 Cochise 106s and 192 M Free 108s and not sure what I am going to do with them... No doubt I know great skis but the 104s are just such easy going skis that are there for you...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Missing skiing a lot.
    You should give the Salomon Stance 102 a try.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You should give the Salomon Stance 102 a try.
    Thought about the Stance...176cm and 182cm sigh.

I have the 180cm 2022 Ripstick 96 Black Edition in that slot. Great ski too.

The Stances 102 comes at a 177 and 183. The 183 measures 182 on the dot. They're a highly under-appreciated ski.

The snow feel/damping properties of the ski are stellar: I can't think of another ski that allows my knees to feel so fresh after a day of skiing fast on firm snow. They do a great job muting high frequency vibration/chatter, they're stable at speed, hold s strong edge on hardpack, and perhaps most surprisingly, the float exceptionally well for a 102mm underfoot ski. The tip rocker profile allows them to plane out at moderate speeds, and to float more than expected.

I had them out on a day with 16" new overnight and 26" in 24 hours, and while I was definitely skiing into the snow, not on the surface, they reached a stable plane, the tips didn't dive, and to be honest, I never once wanted to be on a wider ski that day.

I'm probably going to pick up a backup pair this summer. I think plenty of mags would love the 190, but for smaller guys like us, the 183 Stance 102 is a great option for a do-it-all, all-mountain ski. I'll know more once I spend some time on my M102's, but I have a hunch that the Stance 102 splits the difference between the E104 and the M102 in terms of playfulness/forgiveness and charging ability.

Brahma 82 and 88 in 180
    E104 in 186
    Pre asym Billy Goat 184

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    How would you compare the Brahma 88 vs 82? Is there much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Went to Hoo Doo today as I got hooked up with free passes from a bartender at one of my favorite Bend watering holes... I was smiling all day long and the 104s were just there for me...
    I tried to buy Beder’s 179 E104s earlier this season as my daily Hoodoo ski but waited too long to pm him and missed out! Ended up with 177 Woodsman 108s (which probably are same tip to tail as those E104s). Will see how they work out next year!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

The Stances 102 comes at a 177 and 183. The 183 measures 182 on the dot. They're a highly under-appreciated ski.

The snow feel/damping properties of the ski are stellar: I can't think of another ski that allows my knees to feel so fresh after a day of skiing fast on firm snow. They do a great job muting high frequency vibration/chatter, they're stable at speed, hold s strong edge on hardpack, and perhaps most surprisingly, the float exceptionally well for a 102mm underfoot ski. The tip rocker profile allows them to plane out at moderate speeds, and to float more than expected.

I had them out on a day with 16" new overnight and 26" in 24 hours, and while I was definitely skiing into the snow, not on the surface, they reached a stable plane, the tips didn't dive, and to be honest, I never once wanted to be on a wider ski that day.

I'm probably going to pick up a backup pair this summer. I think plenty of mags would love the 190, but for smaller guys like us, the 183 Stance 102 is a great option for a do-it-all, all-mountain ski. I'll know more once I spend some time on my M102's, but I have a hunch that the Stance 102 splits the difference between the E104 and the M102 in terms of playfulness/forgiveness and charging ability.
    If you haven't started a Stance 102 review thread you really ought to. It sounds like a great "split the difference" ski between something like an Enforcer and Volkl, as you stated. The idea of a QST-ish rocker profile with some metal is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I tried to buy Beder’s 179 E104s earlier this season as my daily Hoodoo ski but waited too long to pm him and missed out! Ended up with 177 Woodsman 108s (which probably are same tip to tail as those E104s). Will see how they work out next year!
    Schralp,

I have unmounted 192 108 Woods and probably going to unload with all the Corbett deals... I am a huge ON3P fan boy and may still mount them up but dam the 104s are fun...

And Schralp, not going to lie and will say it again I am envious over your local hill... The vibe is super chill and loved the no lines... I ended skiing the back side the second half of the day and it was perfect spring cream cheese and never once got gloppy...

If you haven't started a Stance 102 review thread you really ought to. It sounds like a great "split the difference" ski between something like an Enforcer and Volkl, as you stated. The idea of a QST-ish rocker profile with some metal is interesting.

Duly noted, apologies for douching up this one. There is a Stance 102 thread. I'll work on posting up a detailed review. They're an impressive ski.

Duly noted, apologies for douching up this one. There is a Stance 102 thread. I'll work on posting up a detailed review. They're an impressive ski.
    Not a call-out but rather just a call to help this place provide a little more value to users. There is very little info on the Stance 102 out there, so your impressions are very helpful. They have made me want to try a pair of 190’s.

Just demo'd the newer 100s in a 186 (that's the largest they had) for three days and Bachelor and pretty much loved them. First two days on hard pack/ice and I bombed groomers all day feeling super stable, way more than I have since I was 20 years old and didn't know better. Today was almost 45 degrees and got super slushy and they plowed through everything and let me turn more quickly and easily in trees and moguls then anything I've been on before. My 15 year old couldn't believe that I could actually follow her a lot of places that were previously off limits to me. I'm pretty much sold, although I have to decide if they 191s will be better for a big guy like me in the PNW. Guys at Blister and SkiEssentials sound like they lean toward the longer, they just SOUND so big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigherm22 View Post
    Just demo'd the newer 100s in a 186 (that's the largest they had) for three days and Bachelor and pretty much loved them. First two days on hard pack/ice and I bombed groomers all day feeling super stable, way more than I have since I was 20 years old and didn't know better. Today was almost 45 degrees and got super slushy and they plowed through everything and let me turn more quickly and easily in trees and moguls then anything I've been on before. My 15 year old couldn't believe that I could actually follow her a lot of places that were previously off limits to me. I'm pretty much sold, although I have to decide if they 191s will be better for a big guy like me in the PNW. Guys at Blister and SkiEssentials sound like they lean toward the longer, they just SOUND so big.
    So if you loved the 186s get the 186s... I just got back from Bach yesterday and skied 5 of 7 days there and 1 at Hoo Doo and skied firm dust on crust to mashed potatoes on the 191 104 Frees and they never let me down... I also own the 191 100s and 94s and know they would have done great as well...

My point being is you can’t go wrong with the Enforcer series and if you skied and liked the 186s get them...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1185.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	371700

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    How would you compare the Brahma 88 vs 82? Is there much of a difference?
    There is a huge difference between my old Brahma 88's and last years 82's. I think it is a apples to oranges comparison. I really need to get on a new pair of 88's. Also I need to get my 82's tuned to 1/3 on the same machine that does my 88's. For now the 82's are much more ski, need to stay much more attentive. Not as loose. Much more powerful and torsional rigidity is no comparison. They don't feel at all like the same ski...again...apples to oranges. Next year I will try to get on some new 88's. Somewhere in the Blizzard thread there is better comparisons from guys that have both of the newer versions.

Right on! Post some more detailed thoughts when appropriate so people can get a perspective from someone other than myself or kc who both ski coastal snow.
    I love them. We had our first day at Ajax that was your prototypical spring day. 23k with a late start morning start and lunch. The entire mountain was in play from hard early morning groomers to ski everything Ajax has to offer, to a bit too soft towards the bell. They never let me down and I never wanted another ski. In fact I was almost ridiculously deliriously happy with them. They remind me of my old Brahma 88's. They just do what I ask and never cause a ruckus. They have a massive sweet spot, so if I get out of sorts they don't care and I can Shiffrin my way back on top of them for the next turn.

2nd day was Snowmass with 25k of fast groomer railing. It ended up being a groomer only kind of day where the snow was too soft at the bottom at the end of the day but never soft enough up top to really rally off piste. We got caught on too cold a snow off trail and they brought me down, maybe a heavier damper core would have been nice if I was going to ski that garbage all day, but fuck that, they brought me back to the soft cord just fine, and there they again ruled the day.

3rd day was a sleeper day at the Basin with what should have been dust on crust skiing way better since it was a soft heavy snow that blew in on the front side and just skied very nicely. Pali face was in play and gosh darned do they come into their own on something like that. Fast soft turns up top, then down low slower playful turns off terrain made easy and fun with the pop off the soft layer covering ice bumps. Echoing someone else who said I could follow my 11 yo daughter into the woods down back to the chair with no issue. Keep my head up and slither. Turn them sideways in the bumps whenever needed or keep them pointed down the fall line. I choose, they respond. We never have to argue. The soft snow on top of hard snow never caused them to hiccup, just super composed.

I don't know what else to say that I didn't say in my earlier post comparing them Rustler 10 (which I didn't dislike, but super boring and the tips wanted to catch and pull me uphill where the E104's just bang through stuff as long as you aren't maching).

If someone asked to me tell them the negatives I'd just say they aren't a big mountain high speed charger. If you don't know what snow is in front of you they beg you to keep the speed down a bit...which is perfectly fine by me. My Billy Goats float better and would have made the little bit of fresh snow at Basin feel deeper, and they would have charged through the variable at higher speeds better if I wanted to, but they wouldn't have been the right ski for most of the day at the Basin, where the E104 was just there for me all day. For instance around closing time the snow really started to fall and my friend Crazy Terry and I just had to do a couple three Black Mountain Express laps on the groomers that turned hero and the E104's wanted to mach fun high speed GS turns and they let me roll them to a high edge angle and throw me from turn to turn like I was on my Brahmas. It was smile inducing gaper weaving rad fun.

Also, as everyone else says, 3 days of skiing, I hadn't skied in two weeks because everything is closed around here, and when I was done my acl'd knee was still good to go, and my quads and calves were a bit sore but not down and out by any means.

Sizing. If you are my size (6'2" and about 205) and prefer longer skis or you are on the fence go 191 without blinking an eye just like Bandit Man and someone else said. I prefer to err shorter because I really don't struggle railing fast turns through everything in front of me but do struggle keeping my speed checked in tight spaces. Also before I became middle aged I loved bumps. Make bumps great again. Thanks E104.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-16-2021 at 06:14 PM.

There is a huge difference between my old Brahma 88's and last years 82's. I think it is a apples to oranges comparison. I really need to get on a new pair of 88's. Also I need to get my 82's tuned to 1/3 on the same machine that does my 88's. For now the 82's are much more ski, need to stay much more attentive. Not as loose. Much more powerful and torsional rigidity is no comparison. They don't feel at all like the same ski...again...apples to oranges. Next year I will try to get on some new 88's. Somewhere in the Blizzard thread there is better comparisons from guys that have both of the newer versions.

I love them. We had our first day at Ajax that was your prototypical spring day. 23k with a late start morning start and lunch. The entire mountain was in play from hard early morning groomers to ski everything Ajax has to offer, to a bit too soft towards the bell. They never let me down and I never wanted another ski. In fact I was almost ridiculously deliriously happy with them. They remind me of my old Brahma 88's. They just do what I ask and never cause a ruckus. They have a massive sweet spot, so if I get out of sorts they don't care and I can Shiffrin my way back on top of them for the next turn.

2nd day was Snowmass with 25k of fast groomer railing. It ended up being a groomer only kind of day where the snow was too soft at the bottom at the end of the day but never soft enough up top to really rally off piste. We got caught on too cold a snow off trail and they brought me down, maybe a heavier damper core would have been nice if I was going to ski that garbage all day, but fuck that, they brought me back to the soft cord just fine, and there they again ruled the day.

3rd day was a sleeper day at the Basin with what should have been dust on crust skiing way better since it was a soft heavy snow that blew in on the front side and just skied very nicely. Pali face was in play and gosh darned do they come into their own on something like that. Fast soft turns up top, then down low slower playful turns off terrain made easy and fun with the pop off the soft layer covering ice bumps. Echoing someone else who said I could follow my 11 yo daughter into the woods down back to the chair with no issue. Keep my head up and slither. Turn them sideways in the bumps whenever needed or keep them pointed down the fall line. I choose, they respond. We never have to argue. The soft snow on top of hard snow never caused them to hiccup, just super composed.

I don't know what else to say that I didn't say in my earlier post comparing them Rustler 10 (which I didn't dislike, but super boring and the tips wanted to catch and pull me uphill where the E104's just bang through stuff as long as you aren't maching).

If someone asked to me tell them the negatives I'd just say they aren't a big mountain high speed charger. If you don't know what snow is in front of you they beg you to keep the speed down a bit...which is perfectly fine by me. My Billy Goats float better and would have made the little bit of fresh snow at Basin feel deeper, and they would have charged through the variable at higher speeds better if I wanted to, but they wouldn't have been the right ski for most of the day at the Basin, where the E104 was just there for me all day. For instance around closing time the snow really started to fall and my friend Crazy Terry and I just had to do a couple three Black Mountain Express laps on the groomers that turned hero and the E104's wanted to mach fun high speed GS turns and they let me roll them to a high edge angle and throw me from turn to turn like I was on my Brahmas. It was smile inducing gaper weaving rad fun.

Also, as everyone else says, 3 days of skiing, I hadn't skied in two weeks because everything is closed around here, and when I was done my acl'd knee was still good to go, and my quads and calves were a bit sore but not down and out by any means.

Sizing. If you are my size (6'2" and about 205) and prefer longer skis or you are on the fence go 191 without blinking an eye just like Bandit Man and someone else said. I prefer to err shorter because I really don't struggle railing fast turns through everything in front of me but do struggle keeping my speed checked in tight spaces. Also before I became middle aged I loved bumps. Make bumps great again. Thanks E104.
    Great review Ugly. Appreciate the time taken to write that up. Agree 100% with you thoughts, especially about the 191. Great ski.

Also, this is my new favorite phrase:

”It was smile inducing gaper weaving rad fun.”

Love it!!

191 enforcer 104s?

If you have haven't sold your 191 104s and want to, I'm interested.
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    My Mantra 102's have stolen my hard-snow heart, so I think I might be moving my 191 E104s on. I demoed the enforcers back to back with the M5 and liked the E104 better at the time. I've since moved to wider opener-er terrain, and got back in ski shape (I demoed like the first week of the season, a mistake in retrospect). In my mind the charm of the E104 is that you can ski it reasonably hard considering you can also ski it with basically zero effort when you want to. It's hard to imagine a better, more versatile compromise for a one ski quiver for someone who skis 10-20 days a year. As long as you value dampness over pop/energy.

Im interested in 104’s, 186 or 191 if anybody is looking to offload.

I just bought Rustler 9’s but after one day on them in spring conditions I’m thinking I should have went with the heavier Austrian options like I typically do.

Last edited by slowroastin; 04-23-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Im interested in 94’s and 104’s, 186 or 191 if anybody is looking to offload.

I just bought Rustler 9’s but after one day on them in spring conditions I’m thinking I should have went with the heavier Austrian options like I typically do.

Yo Slow, check your inbox

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Put me on the list of of someone that is poking around for some e104s in a 191 if someone is moving on from them. I picked up some 100s from Ptex1 (tyvm), but you all have convinced me that I deserve two sets of skis and that the 104s should be my second pair.

Can anyone with the Enforcer 104 comment on the mounting point you went with, and whether you're happy with it? I've read a few comments from people going +2 from the recommended line.
    I like the idea of moving it forward a couple cm so it's more playful, but I'm afraid I'll lose some float in powder. Trying to decide if recommended or +1/+2 is best for me.

I will be using these on powder days up to 10" or so, where I am usually in the trees, bowls, chutes. Also like to ski groomers when there's no soft snow, although I have another pair of sticks for that.
    Thanks!