Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Very good advice banditman. You seem to always offer a very good objective perspective.

It’s probably just a matter of time until I grab some katana 108s. Spending a week+ in vail this year and need to decide whether to bring m102 or hotshots for back bowls and spaced out glades. Other ski will be the kastle fx96ti or 106ti depending on anticipated snowfall - amazing light powder/tight tree skis and super maneuverable with impressive top end, but not vail back bowl skis where you very often want to get speed through heavier powder without getting knocked around.

Just got on the Enforcer 115's for the first big storm of the season at Alta.

Great inbounds pow day ski.

Plenty of float, very intuitive, and surprisingly loose in the untracked pow.

More than enough backbone for skiing through the late day chop.

Flex up front is perfect. Tail is surprisingly strong. My only prior experience with the Enforcer line was at a demo day several years ago. Overall the 115's feel stiffer compared to the 100, for what that's worth.

For Utah snow and terrain, I much prefer these to my 189 Billy Goats. They feel more balanced, and I prefer the extra float in the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Just got on the Enforcer 115's for the first big storm of the season at Alta.

Great inbounds pow day ski.

Plenty of float, very intuitive, and surprisingly loose in the untracked pow.

More than enough backbone for skiing through the late day chop.

Flex up front is perfect. Tail is surprisingly strong. My only prior experience with the Enforcer line was at a demo day several years ago. Overall the 115's feel stiffer compared to the 100, for what that's worth.

For Utah snow and terrain, I much prefer these to my 189 Billy Goats. They feel more balanced, and I prefer the extra float in the tail.
    Great to hear your first impressions. Agree with everything you stated, even the BG comparison. BG’s are the prefect tool for the PNW coastal snow I ski regularly, but they likely wouldn’t by my first choice if I skied the Wasatch or Rockies more frequently.

I think you summed up the 115 Free/Pro perfectly with these words:

“Great inbounds pow day ski.

Plenty of float, very intuitive, and surprisingly loose in the untracked pow.”

Blister really likes them and Freeskier has always rated them high. I’ve always wondered why I never see more of them? Maybe the length saves people or perhaps the “Enforcer” name creates avoidance from really hard-core types?

Did you mount on the line? What bindings?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Mounted on the line with pivots. Mount point feels good. I think it's -8? I guess I'm used to more rearward mounts, because when I looked down at my feet, my first impression was that I might not have enough ski in front of me. However, while skiing they felt nice and balanced. They were relatively quick in the bumps, allowed for some real nice slarved turns in the pow, and there were zero tip dive issues.

One last key thing to point out was that they were not hooky at all, in my limited early season experience. I'm pretty sure the 185 Enforcers I demo'd several years ago were slightly hooky in chop.

Yeah it's definitely not a popular ski out here. I really can't say why, though I expect it's because no shops seem to carry them. I also think you're right that lots of people carry negative associations with the Enforcer line. No cool cred.

The 115's shape just looked so right to me that when I found a deal online, I grabbed em. Happy I did.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post

One last key thing to point out was that they were not hooky at all, in my limited early season experience. I'm pretty sure the 185 Enforcers I demo'd several years ago were slightly hooky in chop.
    Yeah, they got the radius and the rocker profile right on the 115/Pro. Pretty loose for how decent it is on firmer snow and groomers.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

I wish I had gotten a couple days on my 115s after I ordered them during the Thanksgiving Corbetts “mistake” of 2019.

I ended up selling them NiP and decided to ski my Animas that I also got on fire sale from Sierra Trading when they still did coupons and that was a mistake. I never got along with those skis and think the Enforcer 115s would have been a lot better.

Might be another chance at Enforcer 115 deals as I saw that Gearhub.ca has a couple pairs of the 21 Enforcer 115 on for $488.88 CAN right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8217FD74-D04E-4EC3-99DE-1569295C9AE0.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	396309

Got out for my first day of the season yesterday. Started out on my 185 OG Cochise and forgot how "uncooperative" they can be when I don't quite have my ski legs and they want more room to run than was available. I swapped them out for my 2018 185 Enforcer 100's and what a difference! Sure, they are a lot "less ski", but they were so easy and still let me push pretty hard. Not as burly and damp as the Cochise, but just damp and stable enough to let them run, while making such easy almost automatic turns. I didn't ski them much last season and I'll probably jump back to my M102's or K108's when the mountain opens up more runs/terrain. But yesterday, I was reminded how much I can benefit from an easy going pair of skis that still has a high performance range.

The OG Cochise is such a boring ride. I had to play Zeppelin in the earbuds at full volume just to stay alert when I rode those things. Yeah they are capable. So is a Mack truck.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    The OG Cochise is such a boring ride. I had to play Zeppelin in the earbuds at full volume just to stay alert when I rode those things. Yeah they are capable. So is a Mack truck.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I have had lots of good days on the OG Cochise over the years, but yesterday I had the "why do I like these skis so much?" question pop into my head. Maybe I'm just getting soft, or maybe I was reminded that a 28.5-m sidecut and 2.5 sheets of metal need a lot more room than the mountain had to provide yesterday.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Sure, they are a lot "less ski", but they were so easy and still let me push pretty hard. Not as burly and damp as the Cochise, but just damp and stable enough to let them run, while making such easy almost automatic turns. I didn't ski them much last season and I'll probably jump back to my M102's or K108's when the mountain opens up more runs/terrain. But yesterday, I was reminded how much I can benefit from an easy going pair of skis that still has a high performance range.
    I skied my Enforcer 104s on the 1st day of the season….cause they’re automatic and I can ski lazy when my legs are not yet in mid-season shape. Yet they still rip enough to not get left behind.

I’ve built my quiver around having two skis in each of the waist widths I like, with at least one ski in each width being “easy” to ski, while still having high-performance capabilities (eg. enforcer 104s, Rustler 11s).

For example, I own the Enforcer 104 Free (it’s automatic, so easy to ski) and the K108 (less easy to ski… unless doing big, fast turns in open terrain).

I sometimes think you can really push it more (ski better?) in certain areas where it’s really tight, steep, technical when on the ski you own that is “easier” to ski?

Cause it’s not the ski that determines your ability, it’s you the skier. And the terrain you are skiing. If you’re skiing wide open bowls then who cares….doesn’t matter if you are on beasts. It’s why you see FWT competitors on R11s instead of Cochises.

If I’m picking my way into a very steep, no fall, nasty, steep entrance that is full of rocks, where I need to be quick and precise and cannot fuck up I want the ski on my feet that is “easiest” for me. Automatic. Increases your odds significantly of not getting hurt. Eg the E104, not the K108.

Or if I’m in the trees (Eg Fraggle on Blackcomb) and there is only one line, where I need to make 20 adjustments Eg ski 3 bumps, slide to avoid trees, skid over rock faces, jump small rock face, stop, slide, slither, switch direction, rip pow….all within 50ft….I want a ski that is “easy”….cause why make doing all that harder?

The mistake I made owning M102s last year is I that took them places where I needed the ski to be easy/automatic.

I’m coming around to the fact that I need the K108 too…even mounted at -10.5cm. For my ski to rip wide open terrain at dumb speeds. We barely ever ski Harmony and we never ski Symphony (cause Sumphony is dumb as it’s way too flat), but this year I may do some days over there where I could stick to open, less steep terrain (eg “it’s ok to fall” zones) where I don’t need to make 20 adjustments in 50ft….where I can just lock into a few really big, really fast GS turns and ramp the speed up. Perfect K108 territory.

To summarize…and the reason why I don’t feel offended when someone refers to the Enforcers as “less ski”…

Banditman’s post is spot on….the reason I love my enforcers is because they are less ski!

It’s balance.

Hard terrain = you should ski the ski that is “less ski” but easy to ski.

Easy terrain = you should ski the ski that is “more ski” but harder to ski.

And that’s why quivers were invented.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-02-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Anyone been on the enforcer unlimited? Thinking about a pair of 88 or 94 for after hours resort skin which is a groomer rip back down.

Pulled the E104's our right now here at Chestnut back too back with my OG Brahma 88's and howl at the fucking moon. Holding an edge better than my 200 ish day Brahmas and fun. I guess that is no surprise really but these things have my number.

I need to try the E88 for the 88 Brahma replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Pulled the E104's our right now here at Chestnut back too back with my OG Brahma 88's and howl at the fucking moon. Holding an edge better than my 200 ish day Brahmas and fun. I guess that is no surprise really but these things have my number.

I need to try the E88 for the 88 Brahma replacement.
    I would say my 2019 187 Brahmas (with less than 15 days mind you) have better edge hold than my E104’s, BUT I would say that the edge hold of the E104 is surprisingly close!

Hi everyone, just checking before mounting - I picked up 179cm E104s from gear swap. Recall that I had previously skied the 2018 E100 in a 177 and liked it at approx +1cm. Do I keep the same mount point on the E104 as the 2018 E100?

I’m +2.5cm on the E104 in 179cm. I’d go 1cm back if I was mounting fresh. Eg +1.5cm.

So I think +1cm on 177cm would be perfect.

Enforcer 93/94

Been ripping around the hill on my Enforcer 93's while we wait, and wait, for this dry cycle to end. Love the ski for these conditions. Meanwhile i have the 94 waiting in its wrapper, bought last spring. Any thoughts on one vs. the other? I'll be testing some others in this width at Demo Days soon. Thanks

nordica unlimited.....now nordica unleashed. talk about big changes in the last 2 years.........new management?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    nordica unlimited.....now nordica unleashed. talk about big changes in the last 2 years.........new management?
    Feels like they didn't want to mess with the winning formula of the Enforcers while still addressing other segments of the market...lightweight/touring and freestyle/park. So, experiment with the new lines and not mess with the stuff that sells?

Feels like they didn't want to mess with the winning formula of the Enforcers while still addressing other segments of the market...lightweight/touring and freestyle/park. So, experiment with the new lines and not mess with the stuff that sells?
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a 180cm Unleashed 108....140-108-130 in a 180cm is perfect. I can ski that length/dimension anywhere and everywhere.

Any info on rec mount for the Unleashed?

I think we're gonna need a new thread!?

yup..feel like elan and fischer also checking out the lighter, touring and freeride market too.
    some nice reviews on skiessentials.

Moved from SLC to a new mountain with PNW snow. Bought my first sub 100mm waisted skis in 10 years. Enforcer 94s. Have skied them for 5 days on various kinds of extreme hardpack and ice. Did not detune them at all and cannot see ever doing that. They totally live up to the hype. My one concern was the stiff tails but that has been a non-issue, even in small steep icy bumps. In case it has not been conclusively settled, theses things are carving machines. I am 6'4" and 230 lbs. All my other skis are at least 190 cm. I went with the 186 Enforcers and they have been totally up to the job of holding an edge at speed while giving me that "dancing shoes" feeling. Looks like they are already selling the 2023 model for $100 more but it appears to be the same ski with a new topsheet.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Moved from SLC to a new mountain with PNW snow. Bought my first sub 100mm waisted skis in 10 years. Enforcer 94s. Have skied them for 5 days on various kinds of extreme hardpack and ice. Did not detune them at all and cannot see ever doing that. They totally live up to the hype. My one concern was the stiff tails but that has been a non-issue, even in small steep icy bumps. In case it has not been conclusively settled, theses things are carving machines. I am 6'4" and 230 lbs. All my other skis are at least 190 cm. I went with the 186 Enforcers and they have been totally up to the job of holding an edge at speed while giving me that "dancing shoes" feeling. Looks like they are already selling the 2023 model for $100 more but it appears to be the same ski with a new topsheet.
    Interesting.
    I’m 6’4” 220 and am stuck on a low tide vacation with fat skis.

Demo’d the same ski today. Holy shitballs.

I’ve never had a ski with that much sidecut.
    But it is so fun. Rebounding into a new turn and loading downhill ski feeling the acceleration. Been rocking gs airplane turns for fun. I never raced but I feel like one on these.

They also ski traditional as well.

Ice firm edgehold is great

I was thinking of buying but figured 191 would be better at our size.
    Interesting you liked the 186. Hoping I can demo the 191 to make up my mind.

100 width is also tempting. More versatile as a travel ski.
    But it seems stiffness and profile change.

I need to read on 94 and 100 both to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Interesting.
    I’m 6’4” 220 and am stuck on a low tide vacation with fat skis.

Demo’d the same ski today. Holy shitballs.

I’ve never had a ski with that much sidecut.
    But it is so fun. Rebounding into a new turn and loading downhill ski feeling the acceleration. Been rocking gs airplane turns for fun. I never raced but I feel like one on these.

They also ski traditional as well.

Ice firm edgehold is great

I was thinking of buying but figured 191 would be better at our size.
    Interesting you liked the 186. Hoping I can demo the 191 to make up my mind.

100 width is also tempting. More versatile as a travel ski.
    But it seems stiffness and profile change.

I need to read on 94 and 100 both to compare?
    Skied the 100 a bit from 2-3 years back. Owned the 110 for 1.5 seasons. Now own the 94.

Unless the 100 has stepped up its game, the 94 is just a better more powerful ski.

Spent a hike finding this ski. Powerful and enough energy/stiffness to throw you across the fall line in a carve but can still be fun in the bumps.

Perfect low tide and spring ski.

Core Shot:

I now have some more time on the 94s in different conditions. On groomers, bumps and soft chop the 186s do fine, but if you are thinking of the Enforcers as an all mountain ski for deeper snow I'd go with the 191s. I've got a bunch of longer fatter skis so the 186 94s are strictly for low tide in my case.
    Gravity Junkie