Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Funny seeing these comments about the crud performance of the various newer Enforcers Frees ... I’m really curious how they compare to the OG’s.

My 2011 lightning bolt flat tail E98s are by far the ugliest skis I own, but I’ll probably never wanna get rid of them because they are so damp and don’t mind being pushed hard into truly awful snow, and yet they also aren’t too hard for my 135 lbs to flex at all (the 178s). Most skis that are seriously damp crud busters are often too stiff for me, and then the ones that have a nice flex often don’t have enough damping. Hard for a lighter guy like me to find that sweet spot.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I think you offer a fair assessment of the Enforcer 104 Free. It and just about every other Enforcer (other than the 115 Free/Pro) are really not designed for big, heavier skiers who push a ski hard.

For instance, last year, when my kid weighed 135-140-lbs, he loved the 186 104 Free. He could ski it fast in any condition. Fast forward to this year when he is 170-lbs (most of it muscle) and he found the speed limit on the 104 Free and now skis the Mantra M102.

I really like the Enforcer 104 Free as the one ski to do it all, especially when doing it all also means not having to push hard all the time.
    I agree with all of this. I’m 6 2 and 200 lbs. have the 186 e104 mounted -1.5. Love the ski and super fun and easy while still being able to ski pretty hard on softish conditions, even if just relatively soft. Fine on ice. In refrozen crud or very firm conditions, they’re fine/above average, but nowhere close to m102, m6 or bonafide 97. But I like skiing them on softer days and love them on very soft/slushy days - they are a total blast airing off soft moguls, in trees and can still ski hard and make fun turns on groomers. But performance ceiling is significantly lower than the other two skis I mentioned for hard charging, and nowhere close if it’s firm. For an average advanced skier the e104 should be plenty ski and a nice upgrade from the pre-2021 enforcer 100 IMO.

People ask me why I have 10+ pairs of skis between 90 and 108 underfoot - it’s so obvious!

I agree, the E104 is the one ski to do it all. For me this season.

I’m not a big dude (5’7”, 165lbs). I’ve also been nursing an MCL tear since January....skiing with a brace so not pushing as hard ....and wanting fast yet easy skiing, mostly from a centered stance.

Just skied the last 5 days in a row at Whistler. Good snow. Skied 4/5 days on my Enforcer 104 Frees, except for the 1 deep day on my R11s.

E104s are now my go to ski for 10” or less. Great in softish, fine in ice, good enough in crud/crap/hard conditions.

The E104s are so good that I sold my 2020 M102s (at a $150 CDN loss)....as E104s are just way funner and ski easier. Like not a bit more fun....way way more fun than M102s. Each time I was on the M102s ya I skied faster...but it was definitely harder. And where the E104s really excel is sliding into and stepping over rocks etc dropping into sketchy entrances with my tweaky knee. Same runs and same sketchy entrances on the M102 seemed like more work? Not once did I wish to be on M102s when on the E014s. Not so when I was on the M102s...was usually thinking ya these are pretty stiff and can rage...but the E104s would do this easily. Without effort. I guess I just like how the E104s just break free easier.

My wife is also really liking her Santa Ana 104 Frees. Only 1 sheet of metal (vs 2 like the E104) yet she says very similar to the E104, just a bit lighter.

I think I’m gonna get me some E94s soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D57C89CA-5A16-4DC1-9E94-A9EF7F80D052.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	799.8 KB 
ID:	368409

This pic is for my friend banditman.... me 2 days ago (on R11s) just off Glacier Chair above Heavenly Basin....been such a good snow year up here. The white room has been open quite a few days this season. Hope next year it’s open for all you too.

Name:	9E28C8DD-883A-42B9-843F-8627CBF7C979.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	368410
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-23-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

This pic is for my friend banditman.... me 2 days ago (on R11s) just off Glacier Chair above Heavenly Basin....been such a good snow year up here. The white room has been open quite a few days this season. Hope next year it’s open for all you too.

Name:	9E28C8DD-883A-42B9-843F-8627CBF7C979.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	368410
    Looks tasty! Glad you are getting the goods and enjoying your 104 Frees and Rustler 11’s. Thanks for the personalized stoke!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I agree with all of this. I’m 6 2 and 200 lbs. have the 186 e104 mounted -1.5. Love the ski and super fun and easy while still being able to ski pretty hard on softish conditions, even if just relatively soft. Fine on ice. In refrozen crud or very firm conditions, they’re fine/above average, but nowhere close to m102, m6 or bonafide 97. But I like skiing them on softer days and love them on very soft/slushy days - they are a total blast airing off soft moguls, in trees and can still ski hard and make fun turns on groomers. But performance ceiling is significantly lower than the other two skis I mentioned for hard charging, and nowhere close if it’s firm. For an average advanced skier the e104 should be plenty ski and a nice upgrade from the pre-2021 enforcer 100 IMO.

People ask me why I have 10+ pairs of skis between 90 and 108 underfoot - it’s so obvious!
    Would be very interested to hear how would you compare the E104 free with a E100 (before 2021)? I assume the E100 is more stable at Speed or when going through crud.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Skiing the 94 tomorrow for the 1st time. I’ll provide feedback. Have skied original 100 and owned the 110.
    Been skiing my E104s a ton. Spring is coming. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on some E94s.

How are they?

Been skiing my E104s a ton. Spring is coming. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on some E94s.

How are they?
    Skied 93s as a groomer/hard snow ski for a couple of years.
    - fun ski in the soft as well
    - but needs some kind of base to push of of
    - slush is fine, but in deeper spring mush is suspect the middle of the ski will fall through. The tips float
    - I'd use 104s or Mantras 102s. Or something similar

Hmmm....thanks. Maybe I just stay on the 104s! (I just sold some M102s - haha)

E104s on Diamond Bowl yesterday:

Name:	663AA37D-AE91-49E2-81B6-C5DC5821F1C6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	689.7 KB 
ID:	368671
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-23-2021 at 12:53 PM.

One of my favourite spring skis is the old ON3P Wrenegade 102. Medium sidecut, pretty traditional camber and tail, but a fair bit of tip rocker. Medium flex and pretty damp, but some pop

But that really makes it a distant relative to the 102 and 104s in question, somewhere in between

I'm dumping my Wren 98's and getting the E104 I think.

We have some Wren 102 and the old Vicik and they are good skis but the wife and stepson use them...ours are too short for me. The 98 is too much ski for me.

Demoed some Rustler at JH 10's and was like meh...super boring and no pop. Tips too soft so they they got tossed around in the slush and tried to send me over the handlebars. Heavy but for what? Super easy to slarve though and big sweet spot for lazy fucks that hate fun. Like an even more boring as fuck Cochise with smear. So meh I couldn't wait to give them back.

Then I tried the E104. Fuck super fun, point and run, tips solid enough to bust through stuff and keep going straight. Just enough edge under foot to feel not so much you can't slarve em with a tiny bit of coax and not so much that my 49 yo legs cry uncle. They pop around like an ON3P and make made me smile. Will be fine on groomers when the Brahmas are outmatched by soft or breakable snow.

Wanted the Wren 98's to fit my middle quiver but always ended up on my Brahma or Billy Goats. Had a couple good days on them but otherwise done trying to like them.

Hmmm....thanks. Maybe I just stay on the 104s! (I just sold some M102s - haha)
    kc, I now own both the 94 and 104 and truly like both... The 94 is def more locked into a turn and holds a fantastic edge on firm so is not as easy to break free as the 104 obviously... I still need more time on both but did get an opp to ski spring cream cheese and def preferred the 104 more than the 94 for conditions you are asking about.... The 94s did find but dam did the 104 make the spring skiing conditions fun... I am leaving for an 8 day trip to Mt Bachelor and typically we see killer great spring skiing during this time (a storm or 2 could crop up) and the 104 will def be in my bag with my Rustler 11s in case they are calling for storms...

Ugly, I can't count how many days I have on my Wren 98s and 108s and have been my go to skis for a long time.... I ended up having back surgery last year and than had a bad reoccurrence over the summer so have unfortunately do not ski as aggressively in fear of further back issues... With that said I was looking for easier going skis and due to this thread landed on the Enforcer series... As has been described many times the Enforcer series is really accessible to many skiers and does not make you to be on your game 100% and allows for errors... I did not find the Wren skis demanding but the 104 is just flat out fun but can still get after it... I still need to log more time in certain conditions/terrain but dam is the 104 a winner for me now...

Appreciate the cross input and that is right in line with how I felt with limited time on them. Honestly I think my 98 Wrens need to go through the grinder another couple three times or something.. But I'm over it and don't want to spend ever more money on big machines trying to fix them when I could buy a ski better suited for who I have become as I age ever further away from young and dumb. The next guy can do with them as he pleases after I sell them for cheap.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

So I hand flexed a 2022 Enforcer 94 against a 2021 Enforcer Free E104 back to back in the local shop in North Van today.

The E94 seemed heavy and was definitely stouter in flex than the E104 Free. Was actually surprised at the burliness of the 2022 E94.

I don’t think Enforcers (eg. 88, 94 and 100) are the “same ski” as the Enforcer Frees (104, 110, 115). Stiffer and flatter tail. The 94 may be closer to an M102 than the E104. Been there done that....so I’m not gonna try to make the E94 into a narrower 104 Free. Cause it isn’t. Still looks to be an awesome ripper ski for groomers. Issue is at WB we never just ski groomers...always hiking Spanky's etc, doing Saudan, West Cirque etc...and I don't want a stiff, flat tail for those. Just me.

Interestingly, the shop also happened to have next years 2022 Elan Ripstick Black Edition 96. With the extra carbon rods for more stiffness. It’s a pretty sweet ski too.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-24-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Just got my ex-D1 racer GF a pair of 110 Free to be her first powder ski. She has lived in a ski town her whole life and never skied anything fatter than 102.

She's 5'8" and strong - got her the 177. Good?

Yep. 177cm good.

My wife is 5'6", 128 lbs, very good skier....she has skied both my 179cm 104 Frees and her 172cm Santa Anas. She could ski both just fine....she feels the 172cm is a bit short, but great in trees/tight chutes and the 179cm a bit long so I think you're really good at 177cm. For reference my wife also skis a 177cm Icelantic Maiden for pow and 177cm Elan Ripstick for bc.

E104 186 with P14s. Thanks to ptex as always for the late season deal on new pair.

Mounted at +1cm so -7.8 i believe. Generally happy with this spot - skied them on the line as well - generally prefer the somewhat more forward style (comparing to my -5 Deathwish and DWT and -6ish for the Wildcat). I wont actively use this for a core powder ski, so the increased maneuverability of this spot seems on point. VERY nimble. Lovely bump ski. Ran them over Jackson today in frozen crud bumps and they did fine - steep groomers were silly fun. Avoiding idiots is their super power. Sharp as hell. Tail needs a light detune which i will do before i take them out again.

Im very much in the "old man with semi busted knee and children" camp and to me this ski has effectively won that particular spot in my quiver. (easy, fast, nimble, smooth). Im probably going to add the 191 next year just because i like it so much and i want to A-B test them.

Name:	E104.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	368882

I have the 179cm Enforcer Free 104 and the 180cm Rustler 11 (112mm). I’m really really happy with both the E104 and the R11. Both the Enforcer 104 and R11 are dampish, stable enough while still being very playful and easy to ski with a centered upright stance. Both are perfect for where and how I ski at Whistler. I ski them a ton. But honestly I could own just one of those two? They are that similar in feel/use. I would probably own just an Enforcer 110 if the sizing was more in line (eg 181?) with what I like.

So I think an E104 and E110 will be too similar to each other.

I’m also not a fan of super flat tails. Or far back mounts. That being said I recently I got an M102....which has both of those. Mostly due to reading the threads on here. And wanting a challenge/change in the quiver. So I took a chance. And I liked it.

The M102 is a lot more ski than the Enforcer and R11. Therefore, I think the M102 “complements” the E104/110, as you need to ski it, which is good for you. I’ve hit speeds I haven’t hit in years.

The M102 makes you want to ski fast. Whereas, the Enforcer let’s you ski fast?

So build your quiver, get an M102, and try not to kill yourself. You will appreciate the Enforcers even more.
    Have to say I took the M102 recs with a grain of salt, they just didn’t seem like skis that really suited me or were too much overlap. I tried both the M5 and the M102 today and my god they rip. The M5 I felt was super intuitive in bumps and to slash in tighter terrain. Much different feel that the E94, which I feel can be a bit of slog in bumps and to swing around except when they want to. I definitely prefer the E94 on just pure groomers, I find I get more energy out of them and I prefer the tighter sidecut. The M102 ripped GS turns through spring slush and bumps at speeds and with confidence I did not know were possible in those conditions. Holy smokes they were fun. A bit heavy in bumps but man did they rip.

/end rant about skis that aren’t what this thread is about

Quote Originally Posted by ABinThe603 View Post
    Have to say I took the M102 recs with a grain of salt, they just didn’t seem like skis that really suited me or were too much overlap. I tried both the M5 and the M102 today and my god they rip. The M5 I felt was super intuitive in bumps and to slash in tighter terrain. Much different feel that the E94, which I feel can be a bit of slog in bumps and to swing around except when they want to. I definitely prefer the E94 on just pure groomers, I find I get more energy out of them and I prefer the tighter sidecut. The M102 ripped GS turns through spring slush and bumps at speeds and with confidence I did not know were possible in those conditions. Holy smokes they were fun. A bit heavy in bumps but man did they rip.
    /end rant about skis that aren’t what this thread is about
    Glad you like the M102. I sold mine and no regrets. Love my Enforcer 104s too much which are more fun, still damp and just more manueverable in tight spots than the M102s.

Interesting to hear about the E94...as I didn't want a “groomer only” ski, which is what I figured it was likely to be for me. I would have liked to rip the M102 in spring slush.

I'm an Elan Ripstick fan now....basically switched from the 2020 M102 to next year's 2022 Elan Ripstick 96 Black Edition (instead of going E94). I bought the 2022 96 Black Edition Ripstick last week. I think the 2022 Ripstick 96 Black Edition could be a lighter M5, with a better mount position (rec range on the Ripsticks is huge..... there are lines from +3cm to -3cm from the -8cm recommended so you can go from -5cm to -11cm = big sweet spot. I'm in my happy places..... at -6.5cm on my 2022 Ripstick 96s and at -7.7cm on my 2021 Ripstick 106s.

I almost bought Enforcer 94s...which were cheaper than next year's Ripsticks, but after the last three days I'm very very happy with the 96 Black Edition Ripsticks...see other Ripstick thread?
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-29-2021 at 12:58 AM.

I love my e104s in 186 - fantastic ski in a wide range of conditions. When it’s super firm or spring mashed potatoes heavy, I’d take the m102 any day in 177 or 184. I also think the m102 in 177 is better than the e104 in almost any condition other than deeper powder, but maybe not quite as fun. E104 is a great easy going ski and super versatile outside of extreme conditions and I always have a blast when I take them out. E94 is pretty good but I don’t find it to be great, and didn’t like the E88s and gave them away. But man oh man - the m102 an incredible ski and the m6 is outrageously good.

I mounted my e104s -1.5 from the line. On the line found there to be too little ski up front with all the tip rocker. 6 2 and 200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I love my e104s in 186 - fantastic ski in a wide range of conditions. When it’s super firm or spring mashed potatoes heavy, I’d take the m102 any day in 177 or 184. I also think the m102 in 177 is better than the e104 in almost any condition other than deeper powder, but maybe not quite as fun. E104 is a great easy going ski and super versatile outside of extreme conditions and I always have a blast when I take them out. E94 is pretty good but I don’t find it to be great, and didn’t like the E88s and gave them away. But man oh man - the m102 an incredible ski and the m6 is outrageously good.

I mounted my e104s -1.5 from the line. On the line found there to be too little ski up front with all the tip rocker. 6 2 and 200 lbs.
    I still think the Enforcer 104 Free is one of the most versatile skis on the market and would work for most skiing for the majority of intermediate to advanced skiers...just not all the hardcore TGR types.

Also agree with your comments about the E104 vs M102. I A/B-ed my 191 E104 Frees and 184 K108’s yesterday in spring conditions. Started the morning on the Enforcers and was quickly reminded of just how capable they are while still being so manageable. I really like the extra length of the 191 and the slightly larger turn radius. Just makes them a little more comfortable at speed and allows for a looser feel in the tail.

Once the sun came out and the snow started to get heavy, the Enforcers found their speed limit and were getting pushed around a bit. I went back to the truck and traded for my 184 Katana K108’s. Boy, what a difference...so much more stable and damp. The difference in suspension over rough conditions is quite noticeable. It was odd, but I felt like I could get the Katana to do a tighter turn on piste than on the Enforcers. Maybe it is because the Katana is more amenable to pressure on the shovels? Not certain, but an interesting observation. Also, love blowing through soft bumps and crap snow on the Katanas. Both great skis, with a bunch of overlap in the mid-range but some differences when it comes to playfulness and stability.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    E104 186 with P14s. Thanks to ptex as always for the late season deal on new pair.
    Turns out he had yet another pair @186. Showed up on my door step today. Stoked!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quick hot take. The Enforcer 94 is a fantastic ski. I have 186 at 165lbs. Powerful, damp, versatile. Everything I’ve been looking for in a daily ripper for Sun Valley. On the line mount is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Quick hot take. The Enforcer 94 is a fantastic ski. I have 186 at 165lbs. Powerful, damp, versatile. Everything I’ve been looking for in a daily ripper for Sun Valley. On the line mount is perfect.

For reference what days did you ski the E94?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    For reference what days did you ski the E94?
    All recent days except the 8” day.

Like many others, I'm looking to buy a pair of last season Enforcer 104 Frees on sale. Currently considering 186 or 191: I've found the 191 to be ~$100 more than the cheapest 186. (Ptex doesn't have anymore)

I'm 6'2", 190ish, advanced-expert (been on teles the last ~15 years; planning to lock the heel down with these), and plan to use these as a daily driver for CO (with trips to the usual Western spots occasionally). Suggestions on length? I was planning to pull the trigger on 186s because of the price but 191s sound like a better fit...

Any thoughts appreciated!