Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Like many others, I'm looking to buy a pair of last season Enforcer 104 Frees on sale. Currently considering 186 or 191: I've found the 191 to be ~$100 more than the cheapest 186. (Ptex doesn't have anymore)

I'm 6'2", 190ish, advanced-expert (been on teles the last ~15 years; planning to lock the heel down with these), and plan to use these as a daily driver for CO (with trips to the usual Western spots occasionally). Suggestions on length? I was planning to pull the trigger on 186s because of the price but 191s sound like a better fit...

Any thoughts appreciated!
    fool, I am 6’4” and 205 lb’ish and went 191 and love the ski and did not even consider the 186... As has been described the ski is a breeze to ski but still has balls... At your size I would go 191 and not look back...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    fool, I am 6’4” and 205 lb’ish and went 191 and love the ski and did not even consider the 186... As has been described the ski is a breeze to ski but still has balls... At your size I would go 191 and not look back...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    x 2...You would be able to ski either but the 191 will be the better fit. Just a bit more stable but no obvious drawbacks. I have a buddy your size who skied both sizes and prefers the 191.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I still think the Enforcer 104 Free is one of the most versatile skis on the market and would work for most skiing for the majority of intermediate to advanced skiers...just not all the hardcore TGR types.

Also agree with your comments about the E104 vs M102. I A/B-ed my 191 E104 Frees and 184 K108’s yesterday in spring conditions. Started the morning on the Enforcers and was quickly reminded of just how capable they are while still being so manageable. I really like the extra length of the 191 and the slightly larger turn radius. Just makes them a little more comfortable at speed and allows for a looser feel in the tail.

Once the sun came out and the snow started to get heavy, the Enforcers found their speed limit and were getting pushed around a bit. I went back to the truck and traded for my 184 Katana K108’s. Boy, what a difference...so much more stable and damp. The difference in suspension over rough conditions is quite noticeable. It was odd, but I felt like I could get the Katana to do a tighter turn on piste than on the Enforcers. Maybe it is because the Katana is more amenable to pressure on the shovels? Not certain, but an interesting observation. Also, love blowing through soft bumps and crap snow on the Katanas. Both great skis, with a bunch of overlap in the mid-range but some differences when it comes to playfulness and stability.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I’ve been finding your posts to be totally spot on, banditman. You’re a real asset to these forums.

I also love blowing up piles of snow on my m102s. I now have them in 177 and 184 and am totally in love. Can also air off those piles of soft snow as well, but it’s my decision. So much attention is given to the firm snow performance of volkls that I think their soft snow performance is way overlooked. I’m blown Away by their versatility.

All this being said - I was fortunate enough to have 60 days on the mountain this year. The more I skid the more I loved the volkls. But not sure they’d be my choice for early season skiing without being in ski shape - they are a lot of ski.

Like many others, I'm looking to buy a pair of last season Enforcer 104 Frees on sale. Currently considering 186 or 191: I've found the 191 to be ~$100 more than the cheapest 186. (Ptex doesn't have anymore)

I'm 6'2", 190ish, advanced-expert (been on teles the last ~15 years; planning to lock the heel down with these), and plan to use these as a daily driver for CO (with trips to the usual Western spots occasionally). Suggestions on length? I was planning to pull the trigger on 186s because of the price but 191s sound like a better fit...

Any thoughts appreciated!
    For reference, I'm 6'4" 185lbs. I demo'd the 186cm 104 Free. I thought they were loads of fun. Good energy in a turn, very good in tight places.

However, while they outperformed my daily driver (189cm BMX105HP) in maneuverability and energy, I felt that they lacked stability at speed, which made me pass on the opportunity to upgrade from my current skis. I suspect I might have made a different decision if I had been on the 191's...

PS. Has anyone been on the Enforcer Pro / Enforcer 115 Free?

Seriously considering them as my inbounds powder-day ski.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    PS. Has anyone been on the Enforcer Pro / Enforcer 115 Free?

Seriously considering them as my inbounds powder-day ski.
    I own a pair. What do you want to know?

For reference, I think the Blister review is pretty accurate on that ski.

I own a pair. What do you want to know?

For reference, I think the Blister review is pretty accurate on that ski.
    My Billy Goats were poached off the rack at Snowbird. Mega bummer.
    I'm a two ski quiver guy (BMX105HP for every day, BG was my pow-day ski)

Found a deal on the Enforcer 115 and am thinking of it as my new pow day ski when I want a little more float and surf than my 105's can give me. Basically trying to maximize float while still having enough backbone to power through the steep chop we have on our hands by 12pm!

Mainly trying to figure out what I gain/lose vs. the BG

Yikes is that a frequent occurrence at Snowbird? Not the first time I've heard of that happening.

I'm a two ski quiver guy (BMX105HP for every day, BG was my pow-day ski)

Found a deal on the Enforcer 115 and am thinking of it as my new pow day ski when I want a little more float and surf than my 105's can give me. Basically trying to maximize float while still having enough backbone to power through the steep chop we have on our hands by 12pm!

Mainly trying to figure out what I gain/lose vs. the BG
    Bummer about your Goats. Some people suck.

Enforcer 115’s are a perfect resort powder ski for most skiers. They float quite well with the rocker profile. The tail rocker makes them loose and fairly easy to smear. I love popping off stuff with the loose tail that still has a bit of backbone to it.

They rail on hard pack. Not quite as good here as something like a Rustler 11, but they hold their own. The 21-m sidecut seems comfortable making medium to large turns. They are also fairly damp and provide a lot of suspension in skied out Pow.

That being said, they are really above average in most attributes...but they ski differently than BGs. Loose enough in deep snow, but not BG loose. Might be more damp than a BG but not necessarily more stable.

Could be a daily driver for new snow periods at a place like Snowbird but I think they are too wide for icy days.

If you had never owned Goats, I’d say “Go for it”. Since you have owned Goats, I’d say “Go for it if they are cheap”. Good ski, but not as fun or exhilarating as Goats.

Thanks for the advice Bandito!

I know and like the Enforcer series flex and dampness/energy-balance, though the one thing I didn't know was how locked-in vs. loose the 115 would feel. Sounds like they're loose enough for me!

Really did love the BG's, but I'm actually looking forward to getting away from a pin-tail and back to a more traditional feel in the turn.

Well, the checking account is officially empty, go team Nordica! Not pictured is the 191 104s - thanks Ptex as always.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Thanks for the feedback, all! Just pulled the trigger on some 191 104 Frees from Sports Basement.

I also added in Look Pivot 14 GW bindings because they were a steal ($165 ) and seem pretty solid. If anyone would advise different bindings, I'm all ears. (I imagine I'll end up in Alpine (5355) or GripWalk boots). Just trying to figure out locking down my heel after all my time on teles.

Thanks for the feedback, all! Just pulled the trigger on some 191 104 Frees from Sports Basement.

I also added in Look Pivot 14 GW bindings because they were a steal ($165 ) and seem pretty solid. If anyone would advise different bindings, I'm all ears. (I imagine I'll end up in Alpine (5355) or GripWalk boots). Just trying to figure out locking down my heel after all my time on teles.
    Sounds like a solid setup to me!

Thanks for the advice Bandito!

I know and like the Enforcer series flex and dampness/energy-balance, though the one thing I didn't know was how locked-in vs. loose the 115 would feel. Sounds like they're loose enough for me!

Really did love the BG's, but I'm actually looking forward to getting away from a pin-tail and back to a more traditional feel in the turn.
    I have the Free 115 and am in SLC. They are mounted with Pivots for a 309 BSL. If the BSL works, you are welcome to take them out. I ski Altabird and will be there tomorrow.

186 E104's mounted with the Sally's I took off of my Wrens before they went to what is hopefully a more appropriate home via UPS. The metal on the Free is really thin and easy to drill and the core super soft compared to the Brahma 82. Used a 3.97 instead of a 4.09 since everyone is closed for Easter and the Brahmas ruined my 4.1. As soft as that metal was I'm almost glad I did.

They look good. I think they will plug the gigantic hole in my quiver between the Brahma 88 and the Billy Goat since the Wrens never worked for me really (save for a couple three days where I seemed to like them).

They do seem like they'll ski really short. I demoed the 180's since that is all they had...obviously way too short. Even though I know I'd be happy on the 191's...personally I'd rather be short than long. Very un TGR of me I know...just like I love the 184 BG. 6' 1.75" and about 205.

Stoked. Hoping to have a shot at using them this spring.

Brahma 82 and 88 in 180
    E104 in 186
    Pre asym Billy Goat 184

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Back to the 100's

Wow, you guys are WAY above my pay grade. But I've learned a lot as I've been reading this thread over and over again for three days and following different rabbit holes because of it. I got here by searching for what people thought of the Enforcer 100 (the new one for 2021 by now) for the PNW, specifically for the crappy and various conditions at Snoqualmie/Alpental where I'm stuck twelve weekends of the year because of my kids. I'm just your average dad that's been skiing for thirty years, but am by no means an expert like most of you sound like. I don't get the chance for big powder unless it's Cascade Concrete and don't go into big moguls unless the peer pressure of the other dad gets to me. I just want something that a 52 year old, 6' 3", 200 lb guy that is clumsy and has a bum knee, but a bit too aggressive for his own good can do a bit of everything on, and still use them at Whistler for a week every year.

Going to Bachelor next week and am going to demo some of these, some of the new 94s, as well as some Mindbender 99s and Mantra M5s. But really, from reading a ton and trying the Mindbenders at Alpental last week, the Enforcer 100s SOUND like me. Seems like Blister, SkiEssentials, etc. kind of agree. But looks like a bunch of you live out here. So what say ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigherm22 View Post
    Wow, you guys are WAY above my pay grade. But I've learned a lot as I've been reading this thread over and over again for three days and following different rabbit holes because of it. I got here by searching for what people thought of the Enforcer 100 (the new one for 2021 by now) for the PNW, specifically for the crappy and various conditions at Snoqualmie/Alpental where I'm stuck twelve weekends of the year because of my kids. I'm just your average dad that's been skiing for thirty years, but am by no means an expert like most of you sound like. I don't get the chance for big powder unless it's Cascade Concrete and don't go into big moguls unless the peer pressure of the other dad gets to me. I just want something that a 52 year old, 6' 3", 200 lb guy that is clumsy and has a bum knee, but a bit too aggressive for his own good can do a bit of everything on, and still use them at Whistler for a week every year.

Going to Bachelor next week and am going to demo some of these, some of the new 94s, as well as some Mindbender 99s and Mantra M5s. But really, from reading a ton and trying the Mindbenders at Alpental last week, the Enforcer 100s SOUND like me. Seems like Blister, SkiEssentials, etc. kind of agree. But looks like a bunch of you live out here. So what say ye?
    100 sounds like it will work...either the 186 or 191 length of the current model. Keep in mind that a lot of the comments in this thread are about the pre-2021 version, which was a bit easier going than the current model.

The 100 is pretty hard to beat if you end up skiing with family often and need to throttle back, but also want something you can push pretty hard when you get to do some kid-free runs. That’s what I used my 2018 185’s for. Also, the 104 Free is worth a look if you want something that skis like the 100, but is better off trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigherm22 View Post
    I'm just your average dad that's been skiing for thirty years, but am by no means an expert like most of you sound like.
    That's funny

e100 20-21

Hello!

I've read many reviews about enforcer 100 (20-21) and I like it! But there are a few questions left.

I am an intermediate and light skier, 6.1, 170lbs, looking for one-for-all ski. Groomer/hard snow - 30%, spring and "Resort will close in one hour"-conditions - 50% and lite freeride - 20%. And I like mor relaxing skiing, not a speed. Currently skiing on Salomon Rocker2 100/186 + FT Descendant. There is an option to buy E100/186.

My doubts are that the ski has changed and become stiffer and by the review of the blister, less forgiving and demanding of speed and technique. Are there really such strong changes and is it worth buying an enforcer or I need something else, ripstick 96 for example?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's funny
    Probably on a lot of levels.

100 sounds like it will work...either the 186 or 191 length of the current model. Keep in mind that a lot of the comments in this thread are about the pre-2021 version, which was a bit easier going than the current model.

The 100 is pretty hard to beat if you end up skiing with family often and need to throttle back, but also want something you can push pretty hard when you get to do some kid-free runs. That’s what I used my 2018 185’s for. Also, the 104 Free is worth a look if you want something that skis like the 100, but is better off trail.
    Well, tried to say "thanks" a couple times the last couple days, but I guess I'm stuck in moderator line. Regardless, message received. I'm now thinking the 104s are the right thing.

I hated first generation of the new-ish Enforcers, if that makes sense, but didn't try the Pro one. Almost loved them, but one minor detail screwed with me big time. There was a hinge point in the tip flex, instead of being constant. Feel like that is a problem with Nordicas the past 10 years, but some may not notice.

Coulda been great, love how they feel on smoother snow, need to try the updated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I hated first generation of the new-ish Enforcers, if that makes sense, but didn't try the Pro one. Almost loved them, but one minor detail screwed with me big time. There was a hinge point in the tip flex, instead of being constant. Feel like that is a problem with Nordicas the past 10 years, but some may not notice.

Coulda been great, love how they feel on smoother snow, need to try the updated ones.
    Yeah...you really aren't the target skier for the current Enforcer line, although the 88 and 94 (revised 93) might surprise you. You don't drive the Enforcers, but rather use a more neutral stance, the sidecut, and the less aggressive flex to "steer" them. I think that is why they are so popular. The masses don't have to get into the front of their boot and they still feel like they can control the skis. I had to back off the Enforcer 100's a ton to figure that out. I was totally over-skiing them at first. That being said, they were my "skiing with my kids on blue groomers" skis. Now that my kids are improving, I skied my 100's once this year...

Yeah...you really aren't the target skier for the current Enforcer line, although the 88 and 94 (revised 93) might surprise you. You don't drive the Enforcers, but rather use a more neutral stance, the sidecut, and the less aggressive flex to "steer" them. I think that is why they are so popular. The masses don't have to get into the front of their boot and they still feel like they can control the skis. I had to back off the Enforcer 100's a ton to figure that out. I was totally over-skiing them at first. That being said, they were my "skiing with my kids on blue groomers" skis. Now that my kids are improving, I skied my 100's once this year...
    The 93's like to be driven, but don't punish you if you don't.

Riding my 186 E104's today on Ajax.. Holy fucking shit. Skiing so great out of the box...I layered them with some good warm weather wax but otherwise didn't touche em...these bad boys are just about my perfect middle quiver or one ski quiver. I am one happy camper.