Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Had a couple sessions this weekend, before the end, to ski my new 191 cm Enforcer 110's. Shit-fuck conditions as we had just had a thaw/freeze cycle, which they had managed to groom out to an OK surface. None the less, I had to give them a try. Me I'm 6' and 220. I chose to mount these on the line after doing a comparison to my R11's, which are also on the line. The mount point being about 2 cm further back from the R11 had me thinking it looked good. After skiing a few days, the mount feels fine to me for what I want the ski to do.

Hadn't owned a Nordica since the Girish, a ski I really liked. I got to say I was pretty blown away with this ski. Bring back camber and less rocker works for me. They say the R11 is a versatile ski but there's no way they would have worked as well in that particular condition as the E110. To me the ski felt stiff and wanted to run. Jury is still out on crud performance but I thought there was enough stiffness underfoot to offset the softer tips.

This ski will replace a 190 Qlab, and probably will be my new ski of choice for travel, which has been the bmx105hp. The E110 categorized as an accessible(read easy) charger is spot on, but I didn't feel like I was giving up much. Sad part is now I have to wait until next season to get on them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    This ski will replace a 190 Qlab, and probably will be my new ski of choice for travel, which has been the bmx105hp. The E110 categorized as an accessible(read easy) charger is spot on, but I didn't feel like I was giving up much. Sad part is now I have to wait until next season to get on them again.
    Great review. Interesting as I'm also looking to replace a 190 QLab. I only had 1 day on the 191 E110 but felt it gave up more than I wanted on crud performance from the QLab. After that E110 day, I got out with the QLab and confirmed what I thought. While they are only 1mm difference in width, I felt the E110 was harder to get up on edge. Both can turn well (E110 has tighter radius), but the QLab was much better bombing through chunked up, end of day snow. The strong tail acts like a gas pedal when you really want to get going. The E110 definitely felt lighter, more playful under foot. It is a great ski, just couldn't knock out my QLab (for me). I have a 191 E104 coming to see how well it does since I wanted to slim the waist for my DD ski. With the QLab not worth anything, even on this board, it will stay in the quiver anyway.

Hope I can still get a couple days on the E104 before the end of the season.

Same here, only that I got my 191 E104 on the day all resorts closed. So I have to wait till next season. Happy to share how they ski then. I am in the same heavy class of 6.2 and 225, so me and my chargers are keen to find out how they ski.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Interesting as I'm also looking to replace a 190 QLab. I only had 1 day on the 191 E110 but felt it gave up more than I wanted on crud performance from the QLab. After that E110 day, I got out with the QLab and confirmed what I thought. While they are only 1mm difference in width, I felt the E110 was harder to get up on edge. Both can turn well (E110 has tighter radius), but the QLab was much better bombing through chunked up, end of day snow. The strong tail acts like a gas pedal when you really want to get going. The E110 definitely felt lighter, more playful under foot. It is a great ski, just couldn't knock out my QLab (for me). I have a 191 E104 coming to see how well it does since I wanted to slim the waist for my DD ski. With the QLab not worth anything, even on this board, it will stay in the quiver anyway.

Hope I can still get a couple days on the E104 before the end of the season.
    More than likely it is not going to have the crud performance of the Qlab. The heaviness and stiffness combined with the low profile tip of that ski made it cut through crud oh so well. You are right though never seemed like much love for that ski even on this board. Some blamed it on the forward mount point? Whatever, I got the ski just fine. Lots of good days on mine. Who knows they could come to play again. I don't even bother to try to sell my old skis at this point. What I like about the E110 vs Qlab was the point of contact in the tip, Qlab being much further back and with a lot more tip rocker. I like that the E110 does not have the rocker.

E104 looks very nice as well and is definitely on my radar for a possible replacement to the bmx105hp in a few years. Have got to wear those out first. Next ski on my replacement list is maybe going to be the new katana to replace my 6 y.o. cochise, but that is probably couple years out too.

Another Qlab 190 fan boy here....a ski that I feel was missed by many and those that experienced it got why it’s such a good ski. The long rocker line and brick stiff tail gobble crud.

With the love affair aside, I was very impressed with the 94 for next season. Thought it skied well/honest and balanced for everything. I also got on the 104, I felt the same about this width too. Both skis I had in manky wet and refreeze stiff.....no these don’t have the bite of a race ski but can’t have it all on boilerplate.

I’ll own a pair of 94s as a DD next season. It charges ok, can be shut down fast and I liked the tight turn and bump performance. Seems like an awesome all around resort line up to me.

Love my Enforcer 100 185cm skis. Also picked them up from Ptex last year so thank you for the great hook up! I've loved this ski ever since the first time they touched snow. For my skiing style, it's pretty much the perfect ski for non powder days... even though it does handle <12" powder days pretty decently.

Thinking of picking up the 110 for deeper days but already have BMX 105s 189cm, which are actually pretty amazing in anything soft and up to really really deep days, and OG Volkl Shiros. Thinking the Enforcer 110s would be a good travel ski when there is snow in the forecast since it seems they can handle a bit of everything and love the relative dampness of the Enforcer build. Thoughts?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I used a 185cm Enforcer 110 as a travel ski and it works great in that role. Very versatile. It only recently got bumped for a 184cm Volkl Mantra 102 which, for me, works better with its higher top end.

Hello Enforcer 110 mags! I'm looking for a damp but approachable and maneuverable ski that floats in pow that I could use a daily driver at a resort that gets 500 inches of snow per year.

I'm 5'11'', 195 lbs. I'm an OK skier. I don't send big air or spin. I'm not an ex racer. I just like to ski. My all time favorite skis are Line Influence 105s (pretty stiff, but very damp and they plane up on pow. Not as maneuverable as I'd like in tight spots), Volkl Kendos (best combo of energy, pop, dampness and the ability to make any turn shape that I've found in a low tide ski) and Liberty Origin 106 (I love the pop and maneuverability of bamboo, but I have to drive them hard and make short turns in crud or they deflect).

I'm looking for something that I can ski with confidence in open terrain in ping pong ball visibility that still has the ability to bend into shorter turn radius in tight trees. I'd likely mount with shift bindings for quick side country missions with skinning required to get back to the resort. Is the Enforcer 110 the ski for me?

If so, should I go 191 or 185?

You just described the Dynastar M-Free 108.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yupppppp

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Thanks. Out of curiosity, why would you select the M-Free 108 in my position? Easier to ski than the Enforcer 110? More fun?

I have an idea in my head that the enforcer would be more stable. Do you think that is accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Hello Enforcer 110 mags! I'm looking for a damp but approachable and maneuverable ski that floats in pow that I could use a daily driver at a resort that gets 500 inches of snow per year.

I'm 5'11'', 195 lbs. I'm an OK skier. I don't send big air or spin. I'm not an ex racer. I just like to ski. My all time favorite skis are Line Influence 105s (pretty stiff, but very damp and they plane up on pow. Not as maneuverable as I'd like in tight spots), Volkl Kendos (best combo of energy, pop, dampness and the ability to make any turn shape that I've found in a low tide ski) and Liberty Origin 106 (I love the pop and maneuverability of bamboo, but I have to drive them hard and make short turns in crud or they deflect).

I'm looking for something that I can ski with confidence in open terrain in ping pong ball visibility that still has the ability to bend into shorter turn radius in tight trees. I'd likely mount with shift bindings for quick side country missions with skinning required to get back to the resort. Is the Enforcer 110 the ski for me?

I’m 6ft 180 and have the 100’s in 185.

I wish I got the 191.

The 100’s ski a little short, not sure if the110’s

I’d go 191

Consider also the Rustler 11.

Im same weight but got 2 inches on you. I went with 185 mostly because I got a deal and I like to spin. Size has been good for me, if I was skiing mostly open faces I would probably size up, but the 185 still works for that.
    That said the E110 would not be my first choice as a 50/50 ski. It’s more of a resort dd for me. Plenty of lighter looser skis out there if you are gonna skin fairly often.

5’ 8”, 195-lbs...ski the 191 110. Very close to what you are looking for. Does have a top end, but floats well, crazy agile in the trees and tight spaces, and slays groomers. Would also recommend the Rustler 11 in a 188. Not as damp, but very quick and more “fun”. Floats a bit better but still amazing on the groomers. Haven’t skied the new Dynastars others are recommending.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    5’ 8”, 195-lbs...ski the 191 110. Very close to what you are looking for. Does have a top end, but floats well, crazy agile in the trees and tight spaces, and slays groomers. Would also recommend the Rustler 11 in a 188. Not as damp, but very quick and more “fun”. Floats a bit better but still amazing on the groomers. Haven’t skied the new Dynastars others are recommending.
    Thanks! I bought a pair of Rustler 11s.

Right on! Both are great skis, but the 188 Rustler 11 is a more exciting ski, IMO. Hope you enjoy them.

Nice!

New Enforcers were meh for me. I like the older ones (2011?) better, they had a more stiff and even flex.

Rustler is lighter but more consistent. Love them.

Anybody been on the new Enforcer 94? Looking for an all mountain charger/DD to fill the gap between the GS skis and the 100+ underfoot skis in the quiver. looking for a ski that will hold up well at speed, can bust through the crud and hold a nice edge when it is firm. I do tend to like skis with some energy in them and prefer going though crud and bumps as apposed to going over them. Look at the Enforcer 94 and Salomon stance 96, leaning more towards the 94 but have never skied any of the past enforcers.

Lots of people talking about going back on the E110/E104, anyone here go forward? Looking to make them a bit more centered for tricks, but hoping they could still be driven at +1 or +2.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Lots of people talking about going back on the E110/E104, anyone here go forward? Looking to make them a bit more centered for tricks, but hoping they could still be driven at +1 or +2.
    Forward man! Always forward! I sound like a broken record. I guess I like around a -6cm mount for my DD/all-around skis from the many many years spent on Lib NAS Pows and NAS Freerides at Mt Baker which were always mounted at -6cm. Have tried various other skis, from -8cm to -12cm and just don't like those far back mounts. I ski centered, am not tall (5'7") and have a short bsl....so factor that in.

Of the skis in my Covid quiver below....I've actually only skied the 180cm R11s so far , which are at -6.7cm (+1 cm from rec). And awesome! The 181cm Menaces are -6cm, 181cm QSTs are -6.25cm (+2.5cm from rec of -8.75cm). The 179cm 104s are at +2.5cm....so at -6.35cm (rec is -8.85cm) for me. If a ski mount is in the -8 range....and I can find info that it skis forward fine....I go forward. My bsl is 290mm.

The reason I have Menace 98s, 104 Frees and QST 106s....pretty similar uses....but I got stupid good prices on all three last June/July and had some spare clamps. This is before this fall's ski buying frenzy we are seeing in the shops.

Plus my wife can ski the 104s if I’m on QSTs. She's 5'6" and regularly ripped on my 180cm J Metals at -6cm last year. She also skis 179cm Hojis, 177cm Icelantic Maidens and 175cm BC Camoxes.

So when I mounted the STHs on the 104s, I made sure I could run the STH heel forward a cm for her...which will put her at -6cm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8619.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	349486
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-06-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Went +1 with my E110s I think I would also be happy with +2. It’s still not a very poppy or playful ski but +1 makes it feel balanced in the air while still being able to drive the ski. A decent tail detune also went along way to make it feel better spinning and buttering.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I’m on the line, but could see +1 or +2 being fine. My 191’s are stupid easy to throw around, even on the line. For youthful jibbiness, forward should be fine.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

So I had my first day on my Enforcer 104s yesterday at Whistler.

+2.5cm mount with STHs. The -6.35cm felt perfect to me.

Peak Chair opened. Skied em lots on nice packed pow bumps on Shale Slope, in some grabby pow on Doom & Gloom where I hit a ton of rocks. And some groomers to end the day. They skied awesome everywhere (and had hardly any damage). Rippers on groomers.

I have not had a many skis with metal in them recently, so they feel “solid”, to me. I can carve hard and I feel firmly planted in the turn, but still somewhat nimble when you’re booking it and blasting through choppy, packed pow bumps at speed. Felt like I’d owned them for years.

Strong, smooth and stable....yep. Yet when my legs started getting tired and I began carving less and sliding turns more by pushing out my tails they worked too. Found some icy moguls too. No problem.

Perfect Whistler inbounds ski where you see a bunch of different conditions each run (steeps, chalky bumps,
    Packed pow, ice, groomers etc).

Liked them so much that I don’t see a need for the Menace 98s I just bought. Check Gear Swap shortly for those.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8734.JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	351483
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-18-2021 at 02:21 PM.