Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Agree with Bandit's description of the Enforcer 100, which Blister succinctly described as an accessible charger. Was very impressed with their edge hold on very firm runs while still being able to be playful in the deeper stuff. Also impressed how the smaller turn radius doesn't make them as hooky as some skis.

At the end of the day, however, they are still a ski with metal that is not a true twin-tip, and so I found that in tight conditions, such as deeper moguls or trees that had firmed up somewhat, it was harder to release they tails (I had the 185s) - it required an exaggerated unweighting rather than allowing a slarve, and I had to avoid hitting moguls head on. Accordingly, I found myself reaching more for my Jeffrey's when I wanted something playful with backbone. Maybe this would have been better had I detuned the tails.

At the end of the day, if you want a ski with backbone that is also playful, the Enforcer 100 is an easy choice (realizing that half this forum wants to ski an i-beam so take this with a grain of salt). If you come from the end of the spectrum where you want something playful but that also has some backbone, I found myself a bit more drawn to the non-metal ON3P (and Moment) line up that stiffen with carbon rather than metal but still have a solid wooden core. My OG Jeffrey 110s are still my all time favorite ski for any day that's remotely softer.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Bandit Man can you add opinion on how the mantra 102 compares to the enforcers? I know you liked them.
    Sure. Only been on the 184 Mantra 102 for a few hours last weekend at Blackcomb. 4-8” or new snow and mostly skied out leftovers. The M102 felt right at home in these conditions. Good edge hold on groomers, but loose in the soft, variable snow.

The multi-radius sidecut on the M102 gave it a very different feel than just about any Enforcer. Most of them feel more locked into a certain radius or turn size than the M102. The closest Enforcer to the M102 might be the 110, but they still feel very different. The M102 is more damp and requires more skier input and for the skier to be on top of the ski. The M102 is more stable, especially in crud and chop than just about every Enforcer. The Enforcer Pro/115 is close, but it is much wider, so not the best comparison.

I don’t think the M102 will have the same broad appeal as as the Nordicas. There really isn’t anything automatic about them like the Enforcer line. The M102 is a hard charger for skilled, hard charging skiers...and I think it is happiest, or rather it shines, in crappy, skied out snow. I liked the M102 because it shines in skied out, heavy snow like we get here in the PNW. But I cannot find them for a good price, so I’m trying the MB108Ti and the ski version of speed dating continues...
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 02-18-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I’m trying the MB108Ti and the ski version of speed dating continues...
    Just keep throwing me all your rejects. I'm still in search of the PNW daily driver that can knock out my QLab.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Sure. Only been in the 184 Mantra 102 for a few hours last weekend at Blackcomb. 4-8” or new snow and mostly skied out leftovers. The M102 felt right at home in these conditions. Good edge hold on groomers, but loose in the soft, variable snow.

The multi-radius sidecut on the M102 gave it a very different feel than just about any Enforcer. Most of them feel more locked into a certain radius or turn size than the M102. The closest Enforcer to the M102 might be the 110, but they still feel very different. The M102 is more damp and requires more skier input and for the skier to be on top of the ski. The M102 is more stable, especially in crud and chop than just about every Enforcer. The Enforcer Pro/115 is close, but it is much wider, so not the best comparison.

I don’t think the M102 will have the same broad appeal as as the Nordicas. There really isn’t anything automatic about them like the Enforcer line. The M102 is a hard charger for skilled, hard charging skiers...and I think it is happiest, or rather it shines, in crappy, skied out snow. I liked the M102 because it shines in skied out, heavy snow like we get here in the PNW. But I cannot find them for a good price, so I’m trying the MB108Ti and the ski version of speed dating continues...
    Man this makes me think twice on the mindbender purchase.....

Sounds like next years redesigned Nordica Enforcer 115 Free won’t see the light of day. Most if not all of the pairs the athletes got have already broke. The pair I got to ski for 2 days then returned to the athlete whose they were are almost dead after 10ish days. Not sure what is failing, I couldn’t get any more info.

If it’s an easy fix, I really liked them and they will be on my short list to try for next year. They really are one of the easier pow skis I’ve been on recently.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Curious to hear more from you mindbending users.

Just started using the 93 enforcer in NE, pretty nice daily driver but not sure if it gets to keep it's slot in the quiver yet. Skied them in about 4-6" recently and they didn't like going straight ish very much, more composed than the Rustler 10 was but I keep looking at the Mindbender 99 and Mantra 102 thinking they would get me a little broader range of usefulness.
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 02-18-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Re: 88s

Not completely in love with mine. Find them surprisingly stiff, coming from the 93s.
    Not difficult to ski, but a bit one-dimensional.
    A bit too stiff/tapered/and tip-rockered to bend the ski on very hard snow/ice.

At my weight/skill. 85kg/decent skier.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Thanks, Bandit. Still haven't mounted my ASO score 110s. Keep thinking I want something narrower for my DD like a Woodsman 108 or the new Cochise 106, but I'm leaning towards just mounting them and giving them a shot.
    PM me if you decide to move on from them. Tempted to pick up a pair.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

Not completely in love with mine. Find them surprisingly stiff, coming from the 93s.

At my weight/skill. 85kg/decent skier.
    sf - what length are you skiing? I'm about the same weight as you. Trying to figure out exactly what I like these for.

FWIW, 185 Enforcer 110 @ -0.5* was too twitchy for me. I remounted at -1.8 and absolutely love 'em. Remarkably versatile PNW all mountain ski for this geezer making dad turns.

*I have a relatively long (331) BSL and stubbornly hold to the opinion that skis should be mounted per ball-of-foot position, thus I typically put my first mount at -0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    sf - what length are you skiing? I'm about the same weight as you. Trying to figure out exactly what I like these for.
    186. It feels pretty short and nimble. Would perhaps like them better mounted a bit back, but it wouldn't help with the slight lack of tip engagement.

But really, it's a pretty good ski. Just not as "fun" as the 93.

Both are pretty useless in 3d-snow

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    FWIW, 185 Enforcer 110 @ -0.5* was too twitchy for me. I remounted at -1.8 and absolutely love 'em. Remarkably versatile PNW all mountain ski for this geezer making dad turns.

*I have a relatively long (331) BSL and stubbornly hold to the opinion that skis should be mounted per ball-of-foot position, thus I typically put my first mount at -0.5.
    Interesting. I’m only a 305 but I may try going back a little. I’m at -4mm or so.

That's where I'm at with the 93, I already have a Fischer Motive 86 for the window these seem good for. The 93 is a little more fun than the motives but I really want more 3D capability, should've got the 100 on the ASO pillaging session instead.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’ll have a look at mine and report. Might also go back a few mm more on the mount.
    Mine seemed pretty good for base flatness. But I’ll try that light file trick from noslow once I get the new base file holder from slidewright.

186. It feels pretty short and nimble. Would perhaps like them better mounted a bit back, but it wouldn't help with the slight lack of tip engagement.

But really, it's a pretty good ski. Just not as "fun" as the 93.

With a few inches of fresh, I switched back to my Rip Stick 106's. Lighter and much livelier. Forgot how much fun they are.....until I hit the groomers.

Will give the 88's another try this weekend when it's all skied off.

I have a question:

Never skied the enforcers but did demo NRGy 90 and 100. I found the apex of a carved turn to be especially aggressive, really pulling some G-forces, and felt like the ski was either all-in a carved turn or not at all, and once it was you were going for a ride and couldn’t break it free.

I find Blizzards easy to break from a carved turn if you need it or if you’re wanting to slarve actual GS turns on terrain you can’t or don’t want to actually carve.

So, are the Enforcers locked in once you get the skis in a carved turn? Do they pull you into the turn like a HEAD carving ski?

How do they work for short scarved turns? (I.e. you are on a groomed black diamond and you are not a 25yo FIS racer, and want to enjoy skiing down)

(Separate question): how are they on actual ice patches, compared to Bonafide or Brahma?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    I have a question:

Never skied the enforcers but did demo NRGy 90 and 100. I found the apex of a carved turn to be especially aggressive, really pulling some G-forces, and felt like the ski was either all-in a carved turn or not at all, and once it was you were going for a ride and couldn’t break it free.

I find Blizzards easy to break from a carved turn if you need it or if you’re wanting to slarve actual GS turns on terrain you can’t or don’t want to actually carve.

So, are the Enforcers locked in once you get the skis in a carved turn? Do they pull you into the turn like a HEAD carving ski?

How do they work for short scarved turns? (I.e. you are on a groomed black diamond and you are not a 25yo FIS racer, and want to enjoy skiing down)

(Separate question): how are they on actual ice patches, compared to Bonafide or Brahma?

They certainly pull you into a turn like a head, I have head i.rally supershapes. And they’ll hang on the full carve really well. But you can certainly turn a carve into a slarve as you cross the fall line.

Not completely in love with mine.
    Agreed on the 88's... I got 179cm thinking it would be a fun SL-like groomer ski. Too vague in the tip for that with the rocker on hard snow. I'm probably selling mine as I just picked up a Liberty V92 186cm stupid cheap from STP. I still like my Enforcer 110 for an easy travel ski though.

I demoed the Enforcer 104 on a 20" dense snowfall day on the recommended line and they seemed pretty good, but the conditions were pretty tough for a ski of this waist size. I'd really like to give them another try in less challenging conditions, but I'm now leaning towards trying the 110s since I prefer to have a ski that can handle larger pow days. A 110 would probably be just as nimble or more as my current ski without rocker, and much more enjoyable in deep powder conditions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stasher406 View Post
    I demoed the Enforcer 104 on a 20" dense snowfall day on the recommended line and they seemed pretty good, but the conditions were pretty tough for a ski of this waist size. I'd really like to give them another try in less challenging conditions, but I'm now leaning towards trying the 110s since I prefer to have a ski that can handle larger pow days. A 110 would probably be just as nimble or more as my current ski without rocker, and much more enjoyable in deep powder conditions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I prefer the 110 for the reasons you mentioned. I thought I would ski the 104 a bunch this year, but I tend to grab the 110 when there is the least bit of fresh. The rocker profile is also spot on for the type of ski it is.

I did not like my 193cm Enforcer 93s at all. I bought them thinking they were chargers I could take it easy on too. I jumped on a pair during that ASO Gear Black Friday "mess-up", as the price was too good to be true. I read all the reviews, and I cannot disagree with them more. I think they are decent at carving, but that's about it. They are way too soft in the tip to charge on. I've scared the shit out of myself on some bigger drops and airs, feeling them tips fold underneath me after landing. I wasn't confident letting them ski fast on the ground either, because I kept feeling the front end of the skis buckle and fold from terrain changes and bumps. No bueno for charging for me.

I think the tail stiffness is money, but the flex turns to a noodle past the toe piece, and it's unacceptable for me.

RickyRumpus - I’m wondering what your size and weight are.

Question for the gear guys. I have a pair of last years enforcer 100’s and may turn them into my BC ski. What do you guys think about the enforcer mounted with either dynafit or g3 bindings?

I got the Head Kore 105’s and they are now my inbound skis. Also have last years 4FRNT MSP 107’s but really not a fan of the soft tips (prefer a stiffer ski).

Just thought I would ask. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    Question for the gear guys. I have a pair of last years enforcer 100’s and may turn them into my BC ski. What do you guys think about the enforcer mounted with either dynafit or g3 bindings?

I got the Head Kore 105’s and they are now my inbound skis. Also have last years 4FRNT MSP 107’s but really not a fan of the soft tips (prefer a stiffer ski).

Just thought I would ask. Thanks!
    Just heavy. The kore 105 is much lighter.

Has there been any changes to the enforcer 110 through the years, other than just graphics?