Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I got my dad (intermediate skier, 67 years old) a pair of 185 Enforcer 110s for Christmas this year. He loves them and prefers them over all his other skis, even on hard pack.

He likes how easy they are to ski, how maneuverable they are and how damp they are. He has some old sports injuries, so he's started to really appreciate how a damp ski saves his knees a bit.

He's now looking to get something similar as a low tide ski for hardpack and groomers. An ideal ski for him would carve well, but also be forgiving and be damp and maneuverable.

The Enforcer 104 Free comes to mind, along with maybe Rustler 10. Is there anything else that should be on his list?
    Can he actually carve a turn? If he can, I would not recommend the Rustler 10. If he slides his turns and doesn't rail then okay. 104 can carve just fine, forgiving and a fine old man ski, but it isn't a hard snow groomer zoomer by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Can he actually carve a turn? If he can, I would not recommend the Rustler 10. If he slides his turns and doesn't rail then okay. 104 can carve just fine, forgiving and a fine old man ski, but it isn't a hard snow groomer zoomer by any means.
    He mostly slides out his turns.

I've been working on teaching him to actually hold an edge. He would most likely not want something that aggressively locks him into a turn and takes him for a ride, but ideally he'd have something that allows him to learn to carve while being forgiving.

104 free vs woodsman 102 for dad skis at Snoqualmie? I am 6’3” 205 and have supergoats for fresh and goliaths for super g turns but need something fun at slower speeds and no new snow. Had my goliaths out at Hyak over the weekend and they need more room to run. Hopefully my 5yo will be skiing independently next winter so these can get some use.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

I’m a dad and I think the E104s are more forgiving than my Gen 1 WD108s. I can’t say how that translates to the newer WD102s, but I hear the WDs are more Wren than they are Jeffrey.

To further elaborate, I think the Woods have a higher top speed and more charge, vs the E104s have more pop and can be skied a little more relaxed or with charge as well. Very balanced feel.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Re the E104….it’s the ski I will typically take out when I need my skis to be easy (ie early season legs, or we’re doing a steep entrance with a no fall section and can’t f up, or skiing Blackcomb’s tight terrain but with groomers after, or a day with some of our psycho pals and who knows what the heck we’re gonna ski at Whistler/ Blackcomb). They E104s are just easy to ski (which is why they get slagged….I don’t get that), especially with the bindings bumped a bit forward from rec.

At the same time they don’t suck to ski. It’s why I own them.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-07-2022 at 11:19 PM.

Looking for a 186 Enforcer 104 in excellent to new condition. Thanks!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Looking for a 186 Enforcer 104 in excellent to new condition. Thanks!
    Not quite what you're looking for, but I have a pair of 185 Enforcer 110s for sale. Drilled once for Pivot 18s (285 mm BSL), skied 4 runs. Absolutely mint except for the binding holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Not quite what you're looking for, but I have a pair of 185 Enforcer 110s for sale. Drilled once for Pivot 18s (285 mm BSL), skied 4 runs. Absolutely mint except for the binding holes.
    Thanks.....but only interested in the 104s.
    Old's Cool.

I have a pair of 186 104s from 2020 - drilled once for Wardens at 345mm BSL. Skied ~20 days, normal wear and tear - definitely in very good condition but wouldn't call them excellent, if that's a deal breaker.

Willing to sell with or without clamps.

^^PM sent.
    Old's Cool.

Just picked up a pair of 179cm 2022 Nordica Enforcer 88s on sale....my first ski below 96mm in a very long time.

Decided to make my quiver a quiver.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-08-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Just picked up a pair of 179cm 2022 Nordica Enforcer 88s on sale....my first ski below 96mm in a very long time.

Please post a good review. Nobody in here has afaik.

I want to test drive some of those also.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I had a pair of these in my hands last week. I’m agonizing over whether I want to spend the extra for the carbon version

Please post a good review. Nobody in here has afaik.

I want to test drive some of those also.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Thought about the E94 but decided I wanted an 88 ski (for groomers) as I have many off-piste skis. I paid $550CDN for 2022s. Got some 95mm white Pivot 18s that will look good on the 2022 top sheet with the white Nordica lettering.

Will definitely post a review once I have a few days on em.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-14-2022 at 07:55 PM.

I think I talked about these up thread but maybe not.
    Grabbed a pair of 88’s very late in the season. I expected them to ski like a slightly narrower 94 but they felt quite different. Lots of energy. Light, quick, poppy was my impression. A real groomer ski as opposed to the 94 which handled beat up snow off piste very well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1662813659.220762.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	426044

Pics or it didn’t happen.

The 2022 E88s arrived today.

They feel solid. Real solid.

White Pivot 18s going on these.

Name:	IMG_8775.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	426452

Name:	IMG_8810.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	426614

Name:	IMG_8811.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	426615

Name:	IMG_8812.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	426616

Name:	IMG_8813.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	426617

Last edited by kc_7777; 09-16-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Looking forward to your impressions. I’m covered with a pair of Brahma 88’s, but like the things I have read about the Enforcer 88.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

According to Blister and tgr peeps the new Brahmas aren't the same as the old Brahmas. My last gen black Brahmas from Beder are dialed I think, but Blisters review makes it sound to me like the newest Brahma 88 are similar to my Brahma 82, which to me suck off piste and are way more demanding than they need to be for what they give in return.

So that my interest in the Enforcer 88. The Brahma is going for front side cord chargers and the Enforcer more versatile with the looser tail it seems.

Re the E104….it’s the ski I will typically take out when I need my skis to be easy (ie early season legs, or we’re doing a steep entrance with a no fall section and can’t f up, or skiing Blackcomb’s tight terrain but with groomers after, or a day with some of our psycho pals and who knows what the heck we’re gonna ski at Whistler/ Blackcomb). They E104s are just easy to ski (which is why they get slagged….I don’t get that), especially with the bindings bumped a bit forward from rec.

At the same time they don’t suck to ski. It’s why I own them.
    Thanks dudes. I set a Google shopping alert and my dad was able to find a pair of 186 Enforcer 104s for a steal this off season.

Think it is worth going on the line or +1 or +2 on the mount? He skis his 110s on the line.
    Last edited by Kevo; 09-17-2022 at 04:13 PM.

I'd go on the line. They ski very short and are more than nimble enough on the line.

He is going to love them.

^Sweet! Thanks.

He's already started to sell off other skis. Looks like he'll only have the Enforcer Free 104s and 110s this season. I think that'll be a pretty solid quiver of two for him here at the Ghee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Thanks dudes. I set a Google shopping alert and my dad was able to find a pair of 186 Enforcer 104s for a steal this off season.

Think it is worth going on the line or +1 or +2 on the mount? He skis his 110s on the line.
    Either the line or +1cm.

They are so easy to ski…and easier if you bump forward a cm.

So maybe go +1cm on his E104s (as you’re on the line for the 110s for pow). The E104s will be so easy to turn (carve or slarve) at +1cm, great for trees.

I’m at +2cm on mine, but I like really forward mounts (eg . -4cm to -6cm).

I think I may go +1cm on my E88s (-7.1cm).

K

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    More similar than different. Most notable difference is in the “feel”.

115 is more damp and handle variable snow much better, probably due to metal, mass of the ski, and nearly no camber. More charger than playful, but surprisingly manageable for its size. Decent on soft groomers, but as the snow gets firmer, feels less comfortable. Skis shorter than 191 in anything but powder.
    Banditman, you've been a hell of a resource on this thread. Thunderous applause is due you. Seriously.

After reading all you've said, plus reviews, I've picked up a pair of 115's for my West Coast inbounds pow day workhorses. Thanks to ptex1 for working a good deal and making that smooth.

I can see that most everyone including the Blister folks have said mounting on the line is just right. So nothing to squabble about there: but any other tips on setup? It seems most recommend a heavy detune north and south of contact points... True as far as you see it? And bevel at 1-degree base and 2 side? 3 side?

Penny for your thoughts, if you have any others to spare.. And tip of the hat to your commitment to demystifying the various Enforcer variants. It's been a good read.

The Santa Ana is the ladies version of the enforcer, correct? I'm looking to put my wife into a set of the 84s or maybe the 88s. She needs something with metal and stability after coming from the Captis birdie which needs a lot of work to release the tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    The Santa Ana is the ladies version of the enforcer, correct? I'm looking to put my wife into a set of the 84s or maybe the 88s. She needs something with metal and stability after coming from the Captis birdie which needs a lot of work to release the tails.
    Also looking at a 172cm Santa Ana 88 for my wife. Though likely she could ski the E88s as she liked the 177cm M102 and skied it no problem. The Santa Ana’s have less metal (eg. 1 sheet vs 2 sheets) compared to the men’s Enforcer versions. Which could make sense when we’re talking 125 lbs (her) vs 170 lbs (me).

Was also looking at a 172cm Sheeva 9.

PS she already has the 172cm Santa Ana Free and really likes those.

Last edited by kc_7777; 09-26-2022 at 09:31 AM.