Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    You'll like the the E104s. I guarantee it.

We have a similar bsl so you should try my Blades and I should try your 94 FRs....was looking at some 102 Fischer Ranger FRs in the Village this weekend. Nice ski.

KC
    Definitely. The Blade was on my shortlist for the Ranger 94 FR quiver slot, so I’d be keen to give it a try. I’ll shoot you a message next time I head up.

Just for those that don’t know, the Enforcer 110 was updated with the Carbon Chassis and True Tip when the 104 came out but Nordica didn’t seem to advertise the change at all. Only this year on their own website do they even mention it.
    Flex and sidecut seem the same as before but it should feel a bit more lively and playful even with about a 100gr increase in weight per ski.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Just for those that don’t know, the Enforcer 110 was updated with the Carbon Chassis and True Tip when the 104 came out but Nordica didn’t seem to advertise the change at all. Only this year on their own website do they even mention it.
    Flex and sidecut seem the same as before but it should feel a bit more lively and playful even with about a 100gr increase in weight per ski.
    Interesting. I’ve got the 2019 191’s so definitely before any changes took place. My
    Son has the 2020 version, which should possess any construction updates. You’d think there would have been more mention of this update. Every other source (other than the website) mentions “same as it ever was.”
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Going to address Q2 first since it is the important one. If you want hard snow performance (out west), you want the new Enforcer 100. If you want a bias towards firm snow, but a looser feel in in deep snow, you want the Enforcer 104 Free. If you want a ski that primarily handles off piste, but can still manage firmer snow, that is the Enforcer 110 Free.

The 2018 Enforcer 100 that you skied used to have a different construction and somewhat easier-going feel compared to the newer (starting in 2021) 100. It now has the same construction as the Enforcer 104. The Enforcer 110 has the old construction and has the softest flex of the three. It is ridiculously easy to carve on firm snow for a ski with a 110-mm waist.

On the sizing up question, the short answer is, no. On the Enforcer 104 and 110, Nordica doesn't shorten up the turn radius due to the rocker profile versus the 100. That being said, the 110 does has the shortest radius of the three in the 177 length at 16.5-m versus slightly larger on the 100 and 104. With your stated size and ability, I would say the 177/179 lengths are spot on for you. If you were a more advanced or aggressive skier, I could see sizing up as an option but certainly not a requirement.

Finally, if I were skiing Alta regularly and wanted an Enforcer with firm-snow capabilities, it would either be the 100 or 104. If you like the feeling of finishing a turn, it is the 100. If you like the option to slide or break loose that tail easier, it is the 104.

Hope that helps.
    Very, very helpful. Thank you so much! Going to look for a 104 or a 110 in 179/177, whatever I find first/cheaper.

Interesting. I’ve got the 2019 191’s so definitely before any changes took place. My
    Son has the 2020 version, which should possess any construction updates. You’d think there would have been more mention of this update. Every other source (other than the website) mentions “same as it ever was.”
    Thought it was odd too they they still haven’t really hyped up the updates but wasn’t sure if they were trying not to steal the thunder of the 104 and then the new 100/94 the next year?

I just noticed Evo had in their description that the 2020 Enforcers had the True Tip and then saw the 185cm 110 went from 2200gr in the first few years each to over 2300gr in 2020.
    The 21 and 22 versions still weigh 2300gr and now it’s mentioned on the Evo and Nordica’s site under description but never has been a “now featuring” comment. Know all other websites have been saying it’s just a top sheet swap.

The Enforcer 115/Pro also gained 150gr in 2020 to around 2475gr but back down to 2325gr range again for 2022. Might have gone through a few tweaks in the last few years and it mentions the carbon chassis and True Tip as well everywhere now.

Thought it was odd too they they still haven’t really hyped up the updates but wasn’t sure if they were trying not to steal the thunder of the 104 and then the new 100/94 the next year?

I just noticed Evo had in their description that the 2020 Enforcers had the True Tip and then saw the 185cm 110 went from 2200gr in the first few years each to over 2300gr in 2020.
    The 21 and 22 versions still weigh 2300gr and now it’s mentioned on the Evo and Nordica’s site under description but never has been a “now featuring” comment. Know all other websites have been saying it’s just a top sheet swap.

The Enforcer 115/Pro also gained 150gr in 2020 to around 2475gr but back down to 2325gr range again for 2022. Might have gone through a few tweaks in the last few years and it mentions the carbon chassis and True Tip as well everywhere now.
    I’ve got the Enforcer Pro from the first or second year and it is definitely my favorite layup. That thicker core/stiffer profile on the 191 Enforcer 110 would be a killer big mountain ski. But, that isn’t the market they are after.

I actually prefer the overall feel of the carbon-less build on the earlier Enforcers. I like the damp but manageable nature of those skis. I do not likely the “feedback” that the carbon provides in rough snow on the 104 Free.

I was told by a Nordica athlete that the 115/Pro had two sheets of metal in 2020, and then changed to one sheet of metal in 2021 without any indication of the change in their marketing materials. I don't know what the true story is with the 2022 model..

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Was in the local shop today and fondled the new touring-specific Nordica Enforcer 104 Unlimited.

I can verify that the shape/tip splay/rocker profile is exactly the same as the regular Nordica E104 Free. It has the same E104 turned-up tail, but with a skin notch. I’m glad it’s not a flat tailed ski.

3,300 gm for a 179cm would be a sweet ski with an ATK Freeraider 14…. year.

PS they also had the new Elan Ripstick Tours....but based on an initial side-by-side feel/comparison, the Nordica is the one that I would pick.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3903.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	396047
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-09-2021 at 10:21 PM.

PSA: there’s a pair of Enforcer 110 in 191 with Warden 13 demos on Facebook marketplace right now. They’re asking $400 shipped.

Buy them before I have a few too many beers.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Tried the 104 this morning at an EC demo day. Was easier to ski than a Mantra M6 with no loss in suspension on roughed up man made groomers.

I had the enforcer 93 and found it underwhelming.

Thumbs up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wooooaaaaaah I have a totally different perspective. I skid the 184 m6 and 186 e104 about 20 days each last year on the east coast. Totally different skis imo. M6 has much higher speed limit and suspension and is way better imho for groomers. Destroys ice and hard pack and very manageable in bumps, while relatively easy to pivot around in tight spots and trees. One of the best skis for New England imho if you push skis hard and ski on the right size. Still tons of fun in spring corn and up to 4-5 inches of east coast powder (heavier snow that gets pushed around into small bumps later in the day). No problem blasting through stuff or airing off it.

E104 is totally different animal. imho nowhere near the top end of the m6 in terms of speed limit and nowhere near as precise carving turns.

Also very different flex pattern. M6 flexes more in the middle of the ski offering support if you get a little backseat. E104 is more traditional and loads up the back of the ski if you get backseat.

E104 is more lively and oftentimes more fun at slowish speeds. Better float and more maneuverable - but not by much. And if you’re not on fresh snow, I think the m6 wins in maneuverability. High speed - no comparison - m6 all day.

Just one man’s opinion. If I could have one ski for the east coast, it would be the m6 in 184. Couldn’t pry them away from me even despite the ugly Spider-Man splooge on the tips.

For west coast, I’d defer to others. Think my new kastle fx106tis or hotshots might be the winner out there. Or, of course, the best ski of all - the m102.

Again just my perspective and don’t mean to say anyone else’s is wrong.

Also, 1 agree with banditman that I wouldn’t size up on any enforcer, 2 I think the newer version of the enforcer 100 (and the 94) kind of sucks - it’s a heavy ass groomer ski that is mediocre at everything, 3 the e104 is imho the only very good ski in the current enforcer lineup, and 4 I think the older enforcer 100 was great and the new enforcer 104 is the closest to that ski.

I know enforcers are popular and others may strongly disagree - but I’ve I’ve tried them all (up to 104 underfoot) and while they’re not terrible, I just don’t get along with how much compromise they’ve made - everything from mount point to rocker profile to effective edge is just in the middle. Only thing that stands out is that they’re heavy and stiff and they pretended to shave weight from the tips but seems to me they failed in that regard - add to that how they took a middle of the pack approach on everything else and I think they’re mediocre skis for the most part that do everything ok but nothing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    Also, 1 agree with banditman that I wouldn’t size up on any enforcer, 2 I think the newer version of the enforcer 100 (and the 94) kind of sucks - it’s a heavy ass groomer ski that is mediocre at everything, 3 the e104 is imho the only very good ski in the current enforcer lineup, and 4 I think the older enforcer 100 was great and the new enforcer 104 is the closest to that ski.

I know enforcers are popular and others may strongly disagree - but I’ve I’ve tried them all (up to 104 underfoot) and while they’re not terrible, I just don’t get along with how much compromise they’ve made - everything from mount point to rocker profile to effective edge is just in the middle. Only thing that stands out is that they’re heavy and stiff and they pretended to shave weight from the tips but seems to me they failed in that regard - add to that how they took a middle of the pack approach on everything else and I think they’re mediocre skis for the most part that do everything ok but nothing very well.
    Agree with just about everything you said. Enforcers can be seen as a compromise to really aggressive skiers. I bought Enforcer 100’s as my “skiing blue groomers with the kids ski”. I realized that if I was willing to throttle back a bit, the ski was amazingly capable and so versatile. I bought some 93’s since they were more fun and capable at speed on firmer snow but still so versatile. I bought the 110 Free as a close-out as my “skiing powder with my blue groomer kids ski”. Just like the 100, I realized that if I throttled back, there was an amazingly versatile and fun powder and tree ski. The 115 is a little different animal, but not a total beast.

My kids now ski faster and I ski my Enforcers less. I replaced the 93 with a Brahma 88. I also ski the M102 (one of the best high-performance skis on the market) instead of the 100. I have 191 104’s that are the most “playful” ski in my quiver, but I prefer my MFree108 and Katana K108 in most situations. I’ll probably hold on to my 110’s since they are so much fun in tight trees and are so dang easy and forgiving.

Yet, I totally get while skiers who don’t weigh 200-lbs and don’t ski fast all the time LOVE the Enforcer line. They are the perfect “compromise” for 80-90% of intermediate to advanced skiers on any given hill on any given day.

Yet, I totally get while skiers who don’t weigh 200-lbs and don’t ski fast all the time LOVE the Enforcer line. They are the perfect “compromise” for 80-90% of intermediate to advanced skiers on any given hill on any given day.
    I think this is me. I am not as good/aggressive of a skier as a lot of you all seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    I think this is me. I am not as good/aggressive of a skier as a lot of you all seem to be.
    You and most other skiers! I have a buddy who grew up in Idaho and skied regularly. He’s probably a low level advanced skier. He now skis only a few days a year. He skied my 185 Enforcer 100’s and was totally blown away. He felt like and looked like a better skier, immediately. I’ve not seen him that excited on a pair of skis ever. I think that anecdote speaks for itself and speaks to the target audience of the Enforcer market.

My uncle is a average east coast season pass holder and can navigate himself down every trail. He kept ripping the binding out of system skis and I recommended the previous Enforcer 100. He loves them. Now my other uncle who is less of a skier is asking for a recommendation. I hesitate to say the new 100 because of what they did to it although I’m struggling to pick a ski that has all the similar traits as the softer Enforcer 100.

I own and love the E104.

Sheesh…let’s change this thread to “Nordica Enforcers - TGR Enough for Their Own Thread…but NOT TGR Enough for you to be a true badass skier if you really like them.

PS I bought some 2022 K108s….just so I can be man enough to post on tgr. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I own and love the E104.

Sheesh…let’s change this thread to “Nordica Enforcers - TGR Enough for Their Own Thread…but NOT TGR Enough for you to be a true badass skier if you really like them.

PS I bought some 2022 K108s….just so I can be man enough to post on tgr. Whew!
    Def tracking with you kc - no the E104 does not kill it like my Blizzard Bodes and Cochise, but is sure as shit no slouch…. I am 6’4” and 205 lbs and own the 191 E104 and I trust it completely…. It is a great all around skis and I have not encountered any weaknesses…. It appears we have a ton of FWT skiers posting…

The 2018 Enforcer 100 that you skied used to have a different construction and somewhat easier-going feel compared to the newer (starting in 2021) 100.
    Bandit Man, can you comment a bit more on this? Would you say it is worth looking for a different ski for people who liked the feel of the old E100, or that it is small enough of a difference that most people who like the old E100 would be fine with the new E100?

I'm not a badass skier. I don't mind some lighter, softer skis. I don't even ride lifts that much except with a small kid in tow. But I didn't love the 104s. For the way I like to drive a ski on hard snow or through chop I found them too turny. The tails would let go before I wanted them too. When I took a more laid back approach it was better. But that's not how I want a ski to behave. Stylistically I got along better with the QST 106 even though it is probably "less" ski than the 104s.

I loved the Corvus for the few days I skied them in the spring. They respond perfectly to my style. I can make big turns with high edge angles but they're still easy to pivot. And they have an essential bit of rebound despite being reverse cambered. But they're a bit more work and have a smaller sweet spot than the 104's.

I would recommend the 104 to a lot people. Turn initiation is easy, but they aren't hooky. They offer a very smooth ride. Good in bumps. But if you like to drive a ski, even if you're old and pretty careful, you may not get along with them. If you ski more centered and relaxed they have a huge range.

I’m no banditman, but if you liked the old enforcer 100, I would look to the new e104 and consider mounting it -1 (or -1.5) from the recommended line, especially if you have a larger mondo size. the new e104 is closer to the old e100 than the new e100 is, in my opinion.

I also picked up a new pair of last generation enforcer 100s over the summer at a ridiculous deal on christysports. doubt they still have them lying around but worth checking around on the internet.

Other options - salomon qst 99 (last year’s model, not the new 98), maybe the new jskis masterblaster, 4frnt msp99. Could alos check out the salomon stance 96 - in 182 it falls pretty squarely between the E94 and E100. It has better suspension and a higher speed limit than the 179 version of each, but the 186 in the E94 and certainly the E100 have higher top ends.

in regards to my comments about the enforcers, I certainly don’t mean to imply I’m some badass, hard charging, best skier on the mountain by any stretch. I ski with my kids and am not jumping off cliffs or doing crazy shit anymore. I think part of my point is - the new enforcer line is easy to recommend because a wide range of skiers will enjoy skiing on them a lot of conditions. But I would bet that even for a more intermediate/advanced skier, there are likely options better suited for them - but those options will be harder to identify, require demos, etc. - and if you take a flier you may get it wrong and not like the ski. I also think if you’re trying to improve as a skier, certain aspects of the current gen enforcers will hold people back a bit - e,g., i think a lot of people will get on them and feel like theyre good solid skis and be happy, but if people ski the appropriate size for them, then they will get the stability they want at high speeds but the skis will be a handful in bumps and tight spaces due to the the high swing weight and stiff tails. Similarly, if you size down, they lose suspension and stability with the increase in maneuverability. And I find them all a little vague. I’m probably going to sound like a volkl fanboy because I keep mentioning them, but I’d rather be on an undersized M6 or M102 (which would be a 177 for me, I prefer the 184 in most conditions in both skis) in any situation over either a 179 or 186 E94 or E100 for those reasons. If you’re on the fence, I would suggest trying a size down in the M102 and compare that to the two closest sizes in the E94 and E100. The M102 in 177 is a better carver, has a higher speed limit, better suspension, weighs less, and is more maneuverable than the 179 or 186 E100.

And for the record - I know better skiers than me who ski the current gen enforcer 100 and ski them very well and love them. They’re on their “correct size” - e.g., 6 ft 190-200 lbs on the 186 E100 and handle them very well. So maybe I’m just not a good enough skier to ski them or they otherwise just don’t suit my style (I do prefer more traditional mount points).
    Last edited by MD12; 12-07-2021 at 07:01 PM. Reason: left something out

I’m just hear to say that alude is on my ignore list…and it feels great to say that! Now that that is out of the way…

MD12…none of what you said is wrong.

My now 17-yo was on a 185 2017 Enforcer 100 a few years back. It was perfect for him at 5’ 8” and 150-lbs. The 18.5-m radius and more casual stance helped him learn to really use his edges. The challenge is he craved speed. The Enforcer 100 was not enough ski for him and was holding him back. Along comes MY 184 Volkl Mantra M102’s. One run and he’s hooked. His words at the bottom of the run were “Sell my Enforcers and buy me some of these!!!” I didn’t listen to him. I gave him the M102’s and bought some K108’s for myself. The rest is history.

But I will continue to recommend Enforcers to most people I know. I have stopped recommending M102’s and K108’s since they are apparently “comp skis” (per Blister) and I must be crazy to think they are any kind of fun.

Love the back and forth re the E104s…the end result is that they are just so damn easy to ski. For a ton of skiers.

I remember saying last year that the E104s made me feel like a god….and the M102s made me feel like a mortal (but ski like a god).

I just did something crazy a picked up a pair of Fischer Ranger 102FRs….the pink ones of course. From Snowcountry in the Netherlands??? We’ll see if I get them. Seemed too cheap and too easy.

Will have my own shoot-out at Whistler soon. K108s vs E104s vs Ranger 102s.

K108s for high speed, open bowls and E104s for tighter spots. And pink 102 FRs for when I want to get talked to in the lift lines.

Banditman….I think you need some Fischer Ranger 102s….they come in bandit-size….191cm?

Looking forward to this shoot-out :-))

Owned and liked the Enforcer 104 and found them a blast off-piste and in bumps but wished for more edge grip in firmer conditions and a longer turn radius for more stability at higher speeds.
    The Fisher Ranger 102FR that I also owned is a bit stiffer with less tail rocker, less taper and tail splay, so it’s not as forgiving but more precise. A better carver and even with similar turn radius specs, much more willing to go straight. Carbon tips and lower overall weight so not as damp as the Enforcer line up and a little more “serious”.

Have only tried the Mantra 102 but owned the Kendo 88 and agree with the reviews here. Like an even more on-piste biased and heavier Ranger 102 FR that’s not as easy going off piste like the Enforcer 104.

Replaced them all with the 21 CT 2.0 as it is a mix of all the above along with the Menace 98 and Bonafide 97 in many ways.
    Flex and tail splay in between the Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 but with rubber dampening instead of carbon in the tips(tail and underfoot too) so it’s very quiet on firm snow.
    Only a bit of taper but a twin still so good edge grip when on full edge but more forgiving off piste and a longer turning radius so it’s okay with speed.
    Sidecut more like a wide GS ski so not the greatest float for it’s width so definitely more of a quiver ski.

The CT 2.0 stays the same shape but got way lighter for 22 so I’ve been buying up 21 versions on deals. It will be my daily driver for trips out west.

@KC I’ll be keeping an eye out for your cast offs this year.