Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    the boot thread isnt trolling its just stating knowledge against the OP about why stiff boots actually work well for well set up, competent skiers.
    i think op is an wrong too but i manage to not sound like a dick.
    swing your fucking sword.

A lot of whining and defensiveness for someone that says he doesn't let the blowback from his comments get to him.

Do you ever reread what you type before you hit post? I would advise you to do that if not. If you already do, well then can't help ya.
    Last edited by Soups; 02-25-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

So. I’ve decided to move my 110 enforcers along. They’re 191’s skied about 20-25 days. I take care of my stuff and they look great. 2/1 bevel hand set. Detuned tip and tail to the absolute perfect amount.

Offering them here first rather than to the jong fest, m-series, swap shop sharks.

PM me if interested and include your email and I’ll send pics and an attractive price, I reserve the right to chose who I sell to. Prefer to sell flat. They have marker demos old school low stack on them and if you speak pretty to me I might sell them.

Out of recognition of Bandit Man’s unending patience in answering my questions (and others) on a range of skis I’ll be donating some of the proceeds to his favorite charity (PM me) or I’ll shoot it to Higher Ground. If you ever swing through Sun Valley let’s make some turns and tip a glass.

Cheers!
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 02-25-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    You probably just havent skied on an actual flat ski with a good base grind, or are a good enough skier to tell the difference.
    JFC wacka.
    Not sure how my skiiing experience, ability or background has any relevance to using a true bar to see if a ski is flat.
    But you probably are smart enough to realize that and yet still decided to try and be internet tough guy again.

Keep digging dude.

$37 and a powder skirt up for grabs if you want to try and prove you're not such a big douche in real life.
    Last edited by dcpnz; 02-25-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I haven't skied the new Katanas, but I agree with Bandit Man's assessment of the 104 Free. It is not a charger at all.
    Opinions are like asssholes - we all have one... I posted on ON3P thread and my travel ski was a 189 108 Wren and I felt was one of the best 1 ski quiver I ever owned... Now many on that thread said this same SKI was an ass kicker... I have 193 Supergoats and I like this ski but love 196 OG Blizzard Bodes... I now own 191 94 and 104 Frees and do not find them lacking at all... If you feel 104s are not chargers you must be a super badass...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Opinions are like asssholes - we all have one... I posted on ON3P thread and my travel ski was a 189 108 Wren and I felt was one of the best 1 ski quiver I ever owned... Now many on that thread said this same SKI was an ass kicker... I have 193 Supergoats and I like this ski but love 196 OG Blizzard Bodes... I now own 191 94 and 104 Frees and do not find them lacking at all... If you feel 104s are not chargers you must be a super badass...!

I really like the 104 Free. In the 191 length it is going to be more than enough ski for most people. When compared to the Volkl M102 or K108, it does have a speed limit and is not quite as damp or stable, but it really is an amazing all-around ski. However, I don’t think the average skier will ever find the 104 Frees limits.

As stated before, it is probably the best do-it-all ski on the market today. I think it is a better ski than the Enforcer 100.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

So I skied the 191 enforcer 110 a few times and got left with a weird feeling of the ski. In 3d even just an inch, it’s super loose and skis awesome, any turn shape you want. But the second you hit chop, variable or edge-able snow the ski wants to pull hard across the fall line. I had to slow down my skiing a lot in chop compared to most other stuff I ski.
    Just that 20m radius working against me?
    Anyone else feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I really like the 104 Free. In the 191 length it is going to be more than enough ski for most people. When compared to the Volkl M102 or K108, it does have a speed limit and is not quite as damp or stable, but it really is an amazing all-around ski. However, I don’t think the average skier will ever find the 104 Frees limits.

As stated before, it is probably the best do-it-all ski on the market today. I think it is a better ski than the Enforcer 100.
    Agreed. I’m hitting Whistler tomorrow. Was 10-12cm new today. None expected tomorrow. Snow is decent I hear. I’m skiing with mortals.

So I’ll be on my E104s...M102s would work fine too...but they’re a bit more “work”.

E104s are just “easy”, yet they always get the job done.

And here’s the thing. I’m not the fastest but I can ski pretty fast. But I do have a speed limit. E104s work fine up to that limit. They’re damp enough and stable enough for me (and my tweaked MCL).

I’ve determined the only limit the M102s have is me. They’re a real bad influence.

Again it’s nice to have the choice..it’s why we build quivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    So I skied the 191 enforcer 110 a few times and got left with a weird feeling of the ski. In 3d even just an inch, it’s super loose and skis awesome, any turn shape you want. But the second you hit chop, variable or edge-able snow the ski wants to pull hard across the fall line. I had to slow down my skiing a lot in chop compared to most other stuff I ski.
    It's just not stiff enough to ski variable snow/heavy chop at speed, IMO. My 191 Enforcer 110 is by "Dad Powder Ski"...I break it out when I ski with my blue groomers kids, when they want to hit the pow stashes. I don't think it is a powerful ski, but rather a well-mannered all around ski that is really solid in fresh snow.

That's why I keep saying I want the Enforcer 115 layup/thicker core in the Enforcer 110 mold. That ski would kill it in most conditions. The 110 is just a bit too soft/lacking from my experience.

It's just not stiff enough to ski variable snow/heavy chop at speed, IMO. My 191 Enforcer 110 is by "Dad Powder Ski"...I break it out when I ski with my blue groomers kids, when they want to hit the pow stashes. I don't think it is a powerful ski, but rather a well-mannered all around ski that is really solid in fresh snow.

That's why I keep saying I want the Enforcer 115 layup/thicker core in the Enforcer 110 mold. That ski would kill it in most conditions. The 110 is just a bit too soft/lacking from my experience.
    Hmm, I’ve definitely skied softer skis that can rally in chop, however maybe the softer flex + the shorter radius is where the ski falls short? When it gets bumpy the ski flexes a lot really engaging the sidecut?

It’s too bad because I really liked the feel of the skis.

Hmm, I’ve definitely skied softer skis that can rally in chop, however maybe the softer flex + the shorter radius is where the ski falls short? When it gets bumpy the ski flexes a lot really engaging the sidecut?

It’s too bad because I really liked the feel of the skis.
    Might be...it’s just that the 20-m sidecut on the 191 really isn’t that small/tight.

I keep thinking I should sell my 110’s and then I take them out on a day when it is soft and they are just so fun and easy. Loose tails make for great tree skiing, they are solid on groomers for the width, but I just have to throttle back a bit in chop and variable.

"191 94 and 104 Frees"

I lost the plot right here. Are you referring to Enforcers?

Might be...it’s just that the 20-m sidecut on the 191 really isn’t that small/tight.

I keep thinking I should sell my 110’s and then I take them out on a day when it is soft and they are just so fun and easy. Loose tails make for great tree skiing, they are solid on groomers for the width, but I just have to throttle back a bit in chop and variable.
    Bandit, you have cost me a lot of money... I pretty much follow your reviews and because of you own 192 Rustler 11s, 191 Enforcer 94s and 104 Frees and absolutely love all 3... I finally get to travel for a ski trip and am heading to Mt Bach for 9 days and in my bag will be the 104s and Rustler 11s... Before it would have been my Wren 108s and either my Supergoats or Blizzard Bodes - not now... I have in my possession the new 106 Cochise and some what regret ordering... You are killing me with the Katana reviews and must resist...

https://youtu.be/F-HLqiQw51c
    Some GoPro enforcer 110 stoke from me. Includes aggressive pole planting.

Bandit, you have cost me a lot of money... I pretty much follow your reviews and because of you own 192 Rustler 11s, 191 Enforcer 94s and 104 Frees and absolutely love all 3... I finally get to travel for a ski trip and am heading to Mt Bach for 9 days and in my bag will be the 104s and Rustler 11s... Before it would have been my Wren 108s and either my Supergoats or Blizzard Bodes - not now... I have in my possession the new 106 Cochise and some what regret ordering... You are killing me with the Katana reviews and must resist...

Sorry...not sorry?

My arthritic knee made me accept that I needed to start exploring skis for mere mortals. Glad your journey down the same path has yielded positive results. Those are all great skis and none of them are lacking in capability or backbone. The 191 104 Free is sooo good.

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the new Cochise. Once the sales start, I could see me adding a pair of 185’s.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Sorry...not sorry?

My arthritic knee made me accept that I needed to start exploring skis for mere mortals. Glad your journey down the same path has yielded positive results. Those are all great skis and none of them are lacking in capability or backbone. The 191 104 Free is sooo good.

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the new Cochise. Once the sales start, I could see me adding a pair of 185’s.

The only problem with you sizing down is that you I have to buy my used skis from someone else. I'm hoping my knee can hold out a little longer. Vitamin I has been enough this year. I'm shocked there's been so little discussion on the new Cochise this year. That's another one on my list I want to check out.

Skied my Enforcer Pros/115 Frees yesterday for the first time in a long while. Definitely feel wider and stiffer than my 110’s. A bit slower to get up on edge and a little more effort to bend. Did well on the soft groomers and so much fun in the deep pow we had yesterday (12”+). Had an amazing run in the trees with them. I think the 110 is a better tree ski, but the added stiffness of the Pro/115 was just this side of manageable. I really love the tail rocker profile on this ski. So loose and slashy without being too soft.

I still stick by my desire for a Pro/115 build in the 110 mold. But that ski would then be the “narrower Rustler 11” everyone wishes for. The 115 is just a little too wide most days.

I think it is a better ski than the Enforcer 100.
    I strongly agree (I'm talking about the old 100s, haven't skied the new one). It's been a while but I thought the shovel on the 100s didn't match the tail. The 104 Frees are dialed.

It is probably the best do-it-all ski on the market today.
    I think people who prefer a more traditional ski/mount are likely to get along better with the QST 106s. That is the case for me. I could be happy with either, but skiing them back to back a few times the QST's are just a better fit. They're easy but you can drive them. The 104 Frees are looser, but prefer a neutral stance.

My experience is from the 104s, not the 110s, but I found I had to ski them more casually or from a neutral stance if I didn't want them to come around too quickly. The tail is loose.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    My experience is from the 104s, not the 110s, but I found I had to ski them more casually or from a neutral stance if I didn't want them to come around too quickly. The tail is loose.
    I'm pretty adaptive to stance and ski a lot of "playful" skis with neutral stances, I really think it's just the sidecut/flex.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    The only problem with you sizing down is that you I have to buy my used skis from someone else. I'm hoping my knee can hold out a little longer. Vitamin I has been enough this year. I'm shocked there's been so little discussion on the new Cochise this year. That's another one on my list I want to check out.
    I was going heavy on NSAIDS at the start of the season and ended up with some Stomach issues. I’ve had to cut way, way back and now I mostly ice the days after skiing.

My bad knee is definitely a consideration for the skis I choose these days. I really need that damp suspension to last all day. Skis like the Katana and Cochise provide exactly what I need...and ski so well. Win-win!

How much did you detune? I was going to sell mine after about two days but hit the edge pretty hard to about 1” past the rocker line and they improved dramatically and were my go to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    How much did you detune? I was going to sell mine after about two days but hit the edge pretty hard to about 1” past the rocker line and they improved dramatically and were my go to ski.
    Hit it hard until contact points with a hard blue gummy, guess I could have tried more. Good point

Hit it hard until contact points with a hard blue gummy, guess I could have tried more. Good point
    Yeah I’d use an actually stone vs gummy. And go a little past contact point.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Aggressive detune similar to CaliBrit, FWIW.