Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know what the base bevel is on these from the factory (specifically the 88)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Does anyone know what the base bevel is on these from the factory (specifically the 88)?

Thanks!
    Base edge is 1.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    I read in the Blister Enforcer 104 Free review comments "if you love the OG Gotama you will love the Enforcer 104". Anyone corroborate this? I realize completely different ski designs but always on the lookout for my next beloved 104ish waisted ski that just 'feels right'. Also anyone have time on the 179? I realize its not TGR length, but I'm 5'8" 150lbs, ok skier, but not getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I read in the Blister Enforcer 104 Free review comments "if you love the OG Gotama you will love the Enforcer 104". Anyone corroborate this? I realize completely different ski designs but always on the lookout for my next beloved 104ish waisted ski that just 'feels right'. Also anyone have time on the 179? I realize its not TGR length, but I'm 5'8" 150lbs, ok skier, but not getting any younger.
    I must have missed that comparison in their review. I owned 183 and 190 non-rockered Gotama's and own the 186 Enforcer 104 Free. I understand the comparison that both are very capable resort skis focused on all-mtn duty. The Enforcer 104 is a better on-piste tool. I'd also say, even though it has been several years since I skied the Gotama, that the Got skis powder better, even without the tip rocker of the Enforcer 104. I would also say that Gotama is stiffer and more damp than the 104. If I had to sum it up, the Enforcer 104 is really an Enforcer 100 with a rockered tail. That makes it easier in deep snow, but it is far from a powder ski.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I must have missed that comparison in their review. I owned 183 and 190 non-rockered Gotama's and own the 186 Enforcer 104 Free. I understand the comparison that both are very capable resort skis focused on all-mtn duty. The Enforcer 104 is a better on-piste tool. I'd also say, even though it has been several years since I skied the Gotama, that the Got skis powder better, even without the tip rocker of the Enforcer 104. I would also say that Gotama is stiffer and more damp than the 104. If I had to sum it up, the Enforcer 104 is really an Enforcer 100 with a rockered tail. That makes it easier in deep snow, but it is far from a powder ski.
    I was hoping you would chime in BanditMan, a regular Oracle of OG Gotama knowledge/comparisons to other skis Surprised to hear the Got is stiffer and more damp than the enforcer as they (the Gots) lack metal. I'm definitely not looking for a pow ski, more an everyday ski when messing around with my kids at Snoq Pass. I also have a Scott Punisher (108, 110 width?) which I like when there is a little fresh, but want something a little narrower and more effective on non-fresh days. And maybe as a no brainer travel ski.

I was hoping you would chime in BanditMan, a regular Oracle of OG Gotama knowledge/comparisons to other skis Surprised to hear the Got is stiffer and more damp than the enforcer as they (the Gots) lack metal. I'm definitely not looking for a pow ski, more an everyday ski when messing around with my kids at Snoq Pass. I also have a Scott Punisher (108, 110 width?) which I like when there is a little fresh, but want something a little narrower and more effective on non-fresh days. And maybe as a no brainer travel ski.
    I bought the Enforcer 104 Free for a smiliar spot in my quiver but for Stevens Pass I wanted a fun but capable ski that lets me ski the entire mountain and I can ski hard or relax when I'm groomer zooming with my kids. The Enforcer 104 will very much work for that use. It's great in bumps, carves groomers well for how much rocker it has, and is capable off trail in soft snow. It really is the most versatile Enforcer for a West Coast skier, IMO. So, what are it's weaknesses? It is 104-mm in the waist, but really doesn't float all that well. Also, it's fairly stiff, but not as damp as I would like. It also has a speed limit compared to skis like the Bonafide. In crud, it is above average, but not a variable snow/heavy crud crusher.

I have ended up skiing my Enforcer 104's a lot less than I thought I would at the beginning of the season for one reason...I bought a pair of 110's. I just like them better. They aren't as quick, but they still rail groomers, are more damp, but are so much better off trail. I have had some great deep days on my Enforcer 110's locally. They have become my skiing with my kids on a soft snow day ski. I'm either going to sell my 104's or pass them to my 16-yo...not becasue they aren't a great ski for what you are after, but rather I found a better ski, the Enforcer 110.

I bought the Enforcer 104 Free for a smiliar spot in my quiver but for Stevens Pass I wanted a fun but capable ski that lets me ski the entire mountain and I can ski hard or relax when I'm groomer zooming with my kids. The Enforcer 104 will very much work for that use. It's great in bumps, carves groomers well for how much rocker it has, and is capable off trail in soft snow. It really is the most versatile Enforcer for a West Coast skier, IMO. So, what are it's weaknesses? It is 104-mm in the waist, but really doesn't float all that well. Also, it's fairly stiff, but not as damp as I would like. It also has a speed limit compared to skis like the Bonafide. In crud, it is above average, but not a variable snow/heavy crud crusher.

I have ended up skiing my Enforcer 104's a lot less than I thought I would at the beginning of the season for one reason...I bought a pair of 110's. I just like them better. They aren't as quick, but they still rail groomers, are more damp, but are so much better off trail. I have had some great deep days on my Enforcer 110's locally. They have become my skiing with my kids on a soft snow day ski. I'm either going to sell my 104's or pass them to my 16-yo...not becasue they aren't a great ski for what you are after, but rather I found a better ski, the Enforcer 110.
    I'm curious how much of your experience changes if you were on the 191cm 104? I haven't seen any reviews of the longer length.

Thanks BanditMan. Very helpful You should trade me your enforcers for my BGs and give those to your kid. He'll love you more.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm curious how much of your experience changes if you were on the 191cm 104? I haven't seen any reviews of the longer length.
    I’ve thought about that, as the 186 Enforcer 104 can feel short and the 18.5-cm radius can feel too small. The 191 gets you to 19.5-m and probably a little better float and stability. Problem is that the 191 Enforcer 110 is a 20.5-m radius and it’s pretty close to perfect for me.

Curious if anyone has skied both the Enforcer 104 or 110, and the Atomic Vantage Ritual from several years ago and could offer a comparison. Asking because I seem to like the same skis Bandit Man likes, and ski the same mountain most frequently. I have Enforcer 93's in 186 for daily drivers and Bibby Pro's for over several inches of fresh. I'm was quite content with that quiver of 2. I picked up some Rituals in 190 for cheap on a whim for in-between conditions and am liking them very much as well.

Thanks BanditMan. Very helpful You should trade me your enforcers for my BGs and give those to your kid. He'll love you more.
    He already has 184 BG’s from last year. If he ever puts some meat on his bones, he gets to ride my SG’s. Still too skinny at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    OK..Thanks. Just came across a new in plastic pair of 110's in a 191 with the first year green graphic I may pull the trigger on.
    All right! The deal is done. Now it's time to play the mount point game as I wait for delivery, which I love. I most certainly will not be forward mounting. Seems I've read Blister liked them on the line, Geezer Steve was -1.8, Calibrit was around -0.5?

Bandit Man, I don't think I ever saw where yours were mounted? Might favor a slight mount back of the line. 220lbs with a 326 bsl if that matters. For reference I like the R11 on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    . . . Geezer Steve was -1.8, Calibrit was around -0.5?

Bandit Man, I don't think I ever saw where yours were mounted? Might favor a slight mount back of the line. 220lbs with a 326 bsl if that matters.
    FWIW, I'm 245 lbs., 6'1", 331 BSL. There are threads on pugski (cue to snicker) and reddit about E110 mount point. Bigger/taller posters who have tried different mounts prefer them back -1 to -2. One guy was -2.5.

Just purchased some 185 E110s through ptex in MT. The shipped price and mounted with new bindings was too good to pass up. I love my 185 E100 but they're on their last legs so looking forward to getting on the new sticks! I'm 6', 170# and mounting them on the line.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Just purchased some 185 E110s through ptex in MT. The shipped price and mounted with new bindings was too good to pass up. I love my 185 E100 but they're on their last legs so looking forward to getting on the new sticks! I'm 6', 170# and mounting them on the line.
    Ptex is a straight up good cat with great hookups... 99% of my skis are chargers and I was looking for a more relaxed ski for family days and due to Bandit Man I ended giving the Enforcer 100 a shot... I ended up buying from Ptex last season a pair of 193 Enforcer 100s for $350 shipped... No one could even come close including my local shop who I spend a shit ton of money with... I absolutely love my Enforcer 100s and are the skis I was looking for... Easy as shit to ski and pretty much does everything well...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    FWIW, I'm 245 lbs., 6'1", 331 BSL. There are threads on pugski (cue to snicker) and reddit about E110 mount point. Bigger/taller posters who have tried different mounts prefer them back -1 to -2. One guy was -2.5.
    I’m only 5’8” and 195, so on the line for the 191 110 has been great for me. You’ve got 50-lbs on me, so going rear-ward makes more sense. Also, you might be happier on the Pro/115. I’m afraid you’re going to break the 110’s in half mid-turn.

Let my 145-lb 16-yo ski my 186 Enforcer 104’s at Whistler last Friday. 12” of soft powder that was wind affected in some spots. He was skiing like a mad man on them. He said they were more stable than his 185 100’s and he loved that the rocker in the tail “didn’t force him to ski a certain kind of turn”.

I was going to sell them, but it looks like I’ll be selling his 100’s instead. I’ve got 50-lbs in him, so it was interesting to see how much more stable they felt to him. He was maching through soft, deep crud all day with no issues. He was dropping small airs all day and they were just solid and stable for him. His new favorite ski.

Anyone have time on the 191 Enforcer 104? I used Bandit's 191 110 yesterday at Whistler and, while I really liked it, found I wanted a little more top end when things got chopped up. With the crazy deals Corbetts has right now, seriously thinking of the 104 in the longer length. I'm 6'1", 195# and generally would consider myself a "charger" on a 190 QLab DD who's looking for some playability and a little tail rocker in my next ski.

Anyone have time on the 191 Enforcer 104? I used Bandit's 191 110 yesterday at Whistler and, while I really liked it, found I wanted a little more top end when things got chopped up. With the crazy deals Corbetts has right now, seriously thinking of the 104 in the longer length. I'm 6'1", 195# and generally would consider myself a "charger" on a 190 QLab DD who's looking for some playability and a little tail rocker in my next ski.
    193 mb 108s

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    193 mb 108s

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately Corbetts is sold out of the manly sizes. Price on E104 is down to around $350 shipped.

Unfortunately Corbetts is sold out of the manly sizes. Price on E104 is down to around $350 shipped.
    And where would that be? Looks more like $600 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    And where would that be? Looks more like $600 to me.
    Corbetts.com. Pricing is in CAD and if you call them, they will sell without the bindings. Buying separately its more like $365. With bindings it's around $460 USD shipped with no tax.

I own the 185 enforcer 110 and have tried the 186 E 104. Even though the 104 is heavier with slightly less rocker, I thought the E 110 handled chop at speed better and carved just as well. If the E 110 wasn’t enough ski for you I don’t think the E 104 would either. Enforcer fr line aren’t all out chargers. They are very versatile and let you sort of charge and still be playful and trickable.

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    I own the 185 enforcer 110 and have tried the 186 E 104. Even though the 104 is heavier with slightly less rocker, I thought the E 110 handled chop at speed better and carved just as well. If the E 110 wasn’t enough ski for you I don’t think the E 104 would either. Enforcer fr line aren’t all out chargers. They are very versatile and let you sort of charge and still be playful and trickable.
    I ended up pulling the trigger on the 191 E104. We'll see how it goes. I know it likely won't have the high top end I want, but I figure I can ski it a few days and sell it for not much of a loss. I still have my charger skis for the days I know I'll want to get after it.

They are perfect for those days when you want to do a little of everything. They should fit in your quiver well, as long as you aren’t expecting them to replace your charger