Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Has there been any changes to the enforcer 110 through the years, other than just graphics?
    I do not believe so. The Enforcer 100 is getting a construction update for 2021 (actually out now), but I think the 110 is unchanged...again.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I do not believe so. The Enforcer 100 is getting a construction update for 2021 (actually out now), but I think the 110 is unchanged...again.
    OK..Thanks. Just came across a new in plastic pair of 110's in a 191 with the first year green graphic I may pull the trigger on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    OK..Thanks. Just came across a new in plastic pair of 110's in a 191 with the first year green graphic I may pull the trigger on.
    If the price is right! Also shoot ptex1 an email. He’ll deal if you want newer skis.

Sitting on the lift with my 191 110’s. Just tried them mounted back at about -9mm for 5 runs. At this mount point they start to feel a little more sluggish. I find if I’m too far back on skis I start to describe the tail as draggy or fat if that makes any sense. And at this mount these skis are starting to feel that way.

I was looking for a little more top end stability. But it’s pushing this ski to be what it’s not. Just moved back to -4mm and it’s just great. Feel right on top of the carve and easy to release tails.

I’m pretty sensitive to mount and your mileage may vary but I’d mount just a pube forwards of -0.5cm.

Had the enforcer 100 for a season and it worked well for a low tide ski that could rail or do dad turns when charging wasn’t on the docket. It was good at short or long radius turns but pretty limited in that the tips were really spongy and the tails didn’t really release when bashing bumps or chewed up snow.

Replaced it with the Fischer fr102 and couldn’t be happier. Mounted it +2. Much more dynamic ski that has more power out of turns and handles variable snow much better.

For reference, my daily driver is a moment commander 108 and asym billy goats when it gets deeper

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Had the enforcer 100 for a season and it worked well for a low tide ski that could rail or do dad turns when charging wasn’t on the docket. It was good at short or long radius turns but pretty limited in that the tips were really spongy and the tails didn’t really release when bashing bumps or chewed up snow.

Replaced it with the Fischer fr102 and couldn’t be happier. Mounted it +2. Much more dynamic ski that has more power out of turns and handles variable snow much better.

For reference, my daily driver is a moment commander 108 and asym billy goats when it gets deeper
    Fisher as your BC ski I take it? Good to know and have heard good things.

Any other stiffer skis that make good bc skis?

Which of the 110 and 104 handle crud busting and chopped up heavy snow better? I assume the 110, but the 104 is more twinned...

RickyRumpus - I’m wondering what your size and weight are.
    I'm 6'2, 190lbs. I can't drive the front of the ski hard unless I am carving smooth terrain. It has good edge grip and tail feel, so I'm really disappointed about this. I guess with the mount point it's just designed more for a centered stance, but the shape of the tail had me convinced it could be driven. It doesn't hand flex all that soft in the tip, so I don't actually understand what's going on here.

The Blizzard Bonafide felt much more confidence inspiring and with a more even flex through the tip. It didn't feel much wider. I ski Dynastar Pro Riders and Moment Bibby Pros most days, was looking for something thinner and a bit easier going. Probably going to get the 2020 Bonafide to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRumpus View Post
    I'm 6'2, 190lbs. I can't drive the front of the ski hard unless I am carving smooth terrain. It has good edge grip and tail feel, so I'm really disappointed about this. I guess with the mount point it's just designed more for a centered stance, but the shape of the tail had me convinced it could be driven. It doesn't hand flex all that soft in the tip, so I don't actually understand what's going on here.

The Blizzard Bonafide felt much more confidence inspiring and with a more even flex through the tip. It didn't feel much wider. I ski Dynastar Pro Riders and Moment Bibby Pros most days, was looking for something thinner and a bit easier going. Probably going to get the 2020 Bonafide to replace it.
    That all makes sense. I didn’t click with the Enforcer 100 until I started to back off and ski it more centered, with less tip pressure. So stupid easy when skied this way. It’s certainly less ski and has a lower top end than a Bonafide, but again is much more accessible and enjoyable for a broader range of skier. The 93 is a little closer to the Bonafide, but as you mentioned, not as amenable to tips being driven hard.

My problem with the Bonafide in the PNW is that tail sucks in deep, dense snow. If I could get a Bonafide with a slightly looser tail, that ski would be perfect for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
    Which of the 110 and 104 handle crud busting and chopped up heavy snow better? I assume the 110, but the 104 is more twinned...
    In soft crud, it's a wash. However, the 104 "skis" a little stiffer and seems to deal with heavier crud better. I think both skis are a bit lacking when it comes to variable snow. While the 104 is stiffer, it feels like it gives more feedback to the skier. I actually think that the 110 "skis" more damp, if that makes sense. I ski in the PNW (Central Cascades), so these nuances are more important to me here.

Wait, so the Enforcer’s tail is softer than the Bonafide’s tail. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Wait, so the Enforcer’s tail is softer than the Bonafide’s tail. WTF?
    Dunno about the 93, but Bonafide tail is indeed stiffer than Enforcer 100 or 110 and, I would imagine, the 104.

I didn’t click with the Enforcer 100 until I started to back off and ski it more centered, with less tip pressure. So stupid easy when skied this way.
    Centered under ball of foot is my swing thought for the 110s (after moving the mount back) and yeah, "easy" is an apt description. I can drive the tips on firm just fine. YMMV, and body weight and style are factors. I can see why some gnar chargers deem the 110s too turny and having too slow a speed limit, but they hit the sweet spot for me.

I'm on last years 100s in NE, and really like them in softer snow. I ski 85cm Brahma when its firm, and hated them in any fresh. Working my way back from a torn ACL so lots of Dad turns. I've not really opened the 100s up yet, but they seem softer than the Brahma so expect there is a top end. I'm looking to replace some vintage full rocker Gotamas and wondering if the 110 fits the bill.

Yea, I'm in Tahoe so crud performance is very important to me as well.

The current Enforcer 100 has the softest tail flex of all Enforcers with the 88 being the stiffest, 93 close behind, softer flex/more tail rocker in the 100, back to a stiffer tip and tail(similar to 93) and more tail rocker/splay in the 104 and slightly softer flex tip/tail in the 110(vs the 104). 104 has their True Tip and added carbon fiber vs the 110, so the 104 has lighter swing weight and feels lighter even though the weight is similar.

The 2021 Enforcer 94(replaces 93) and Enforcer 100 are now stiffer(tail of 100 similar to 93 now) and both have added 150g per ski yet “ski lighter” as they received the tip and carbon construction updates first shown in the Enforcer 88 and 104 last year.
    Radius are similar to last year so the 2021 94/100 still won’t be high speed chargers but should be damper and better in crud than before.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    The current Enforcer 100 has the softest tail flex of all Enforcers with the 88 being the stiffest, 93 close behind, softer flex/more tail rocker in the 100, back to a stiffer tip and tail(similar to 93) and more tail rocker/splay in the 104 and slightly softer flex tip/tail in the 110(vs the 104). 104 has their True Tip and added carbon fiber vs the 110, so the 104 has lighter swing weight and feels lighter even though the weight is similar.

The 2021 Enforcer 94(replaces 93) and Enforcer 100 are now stiffer(tail of 100 similar to 93 now) and both have added 150g per ski yet “ski lighter” as they received the tip and carbon construction updates first shown in the Enforcer 88 and 104 last year.
    Radius are similar to last year so the 2021 94/100 still won’t be high speed chargers but should be damper and better in crud than before.
    As a recovering Mantra skier, I'm liking the soft tail. If I could have gotten a deal on the 104 would have picked them up, but they were just released. Sort of thinking the 104 is in the sweet spot for the east coast? Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    As a recovering Mantra skier, I'm liking the soft tail. If I could have gotten a deal on the 104 would have picked them up, but they were just released. Sort of thinking the 104 is in the sweet spot for the east coast? Thoughts
    Very good “bit of snow/Spring conditions/afternoon crud/playing in the bumps” ski for East or West coast. More taper than the Bonafide to improve it’s off piste performance, so not the best grip on hard snow or ice. Forgiving yet pretty stable still with it’s solid weight. Top speed limited a bit by it’s 18.5m radius in the 186cm but very fun at non charging speeds.

Deals now on the current 2020 104 as next years 2021 already out with just a top sheet change. The 94 and 100 are updated though.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post

I'm torn on the whole 93/94 vs 100 thing. I'm eyeballing one of these to replace the 185 Nordica Hell and Back, which was the old Enforcer shape 100 underfoot also but longer radius with no tip taper and fat unrockered flat tail. This thing's rip groomed / hardpack well and are stiff enough to handle crud but arent super maneuverable in bumps and tight trees bc of the tail. Logically the 100 would probably work here, but since I'm pairing them w a 118 underfoot Praxis Q that I like in anything fresh over a few inches , the 93 probably is a better fit. But how much worse is the 93 in leftover soft chop and crud, stashes in trees ,etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    I'm torn on the whole 93/94 vs 100 thing. I'm eyeballing one of these to replace the 185 Nordica Hell and Back, which was the old Enforcer shape 100 underfoot also but longer radius with no tip taper and fat unrockered flat tail. This thing's rip groomed / hardpack well and are stiff enough to handle crud but arent super maneuverable in bumps and tight trees bc of the tail. Logically the 100 would probably work here, but since I'm pairing them w a 118 underfoot Praxis Q that I like in anything fresh over a few inches , the 93 probably is a better fit. But how much worse is the 93 in leftover soft chop and crud, stashes in trees ,etc?
    Both the new 94 and 100 are heavier(but lighter swing weight), so they should be better in crud AND in tight spots than the previous versions. The new 100 has a bit less forgiving tail than the previous model but that should give it more carving power than before. I’d guess the new 94 would be better than the old 93 or 100 in crud but not QUITE as good as the new 100 would be. All don’t catch is crud I find. The 94 will just be a touch stiffer in the tail and a touch quicker edge to edge.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    The big departure from previous Nordica skis is the sidecut and tighter turn radius of the Enforcers. The radius all top out around 20-m for the longest lengths. Most of the 185-ish models are 18.5-m range give or take. Great resort skis for most people.

They do just fine in soft crud. The 93 and 100 are great all around, but the new 104 is better off piste and still solid on groomers. If you want a very loose tail and absolute crud crushing, look somewhere else.

They do just fine in soft crud. The 93 and 100 are great all around,
    We have soft crud in spades right now and I'm still not getting this with the 93, maybe I should have mounted them back 1cm.

Ready to move them and pick up a Mantra 102 or Mindbender 99

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    We have soft crud in spades right now and I'm still not getting this with the 93, maybe I should have mounted them back 1cm.

Ready to move them and pick up a Mantra 102 or Mindbender 99
    Are they getting pushed around? What length are you on?

Are they getting pushed around? What length are you on?
    That's probably a fair description, my old 94mm Rossi B3 was more inspiring in chop than these have been.

5'6" on the 177

Haven't touched the tune out of the wrapper other than a little gummy on the front end.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    That's probably a fair description, my old 94mm Rossi B3 was more inspiring in chop than these have been.

5'6" on the 177

Haven't touched the tune out of the wrapper other than a little gummy on the front end.
    I had to really aggressively detune the tips (150 grit stone) on my 110’s. Much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Agreed on the 88's... I got 179cm thinking it would be a fun SL-like groomer ski. Too vague in the tip for that with the rocker on hard snow. I'm probably selling mine as I just picked up a Liberty V92 186cm stupid cheap from STP. I still like my Enforcer 110 for an easy travel ski though.
    Thread drift.......You're going to love the V92s. I got a pair also stupid cheap at STP in 179 and love them everywhere on Magic Mtn: steeps, trees, rock bands, hard groomers. I'm a believer in the VMT design.