Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Cant believe nob8dy has said this yet...

FUCK VAIL RESORTS
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Are we going to have to break out the Gudairi video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no lamborghini pics needed in this thread
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

^^^ your post is worthless without picsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	914189_1600w.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	316262
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, things have changed. A decade ago lefties were tested, along with a lot of other employees, at hire.
    When I moved here you had to pass a drug test to get a job I've heard a bunch of reasons why they dont do it anymore in 2020 they would have even less a pool to hire from if they tested

As mentioned before anyone driving a bus and a few other jobs you need to pass and you get randoms

If you are involved in an accident you get tested

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    In case anyone from the US PTO is reading, this is not evidence of prior art, because the real innovation is having the failsafe bar that trips all the seats to down as they go around the bullwheel.
    see official response....Rejection of Claims....
    Name:  gubber.png
Views: 1008
Size:  130.9 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You’re right. We need to over engineer a solution.

“Sorry folks, chair is on magnet delay until our magnetician arrives from Germany to do the repairs”

“Good news folks, our lazer failsafe tech is almost done re lazering the failsafe capacitor on Daisy chair, should be up and running by Easter”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    LOL @ magnet delay

"It's still pulling......just really slowly."

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    When I moved here you had to pass a drug test to get a job I've heard a bunch of reasons why they dont do it anymore in 2020 they would have even less a pool to hire from if they tested

As mentioned before anyone driving a bus and a few other jobs you need to pass and you get randoms

If you are involved in an accident you get tested
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Fuck, in a state with hundreds of legal dispensaries, it would be almost impossible to hire non stoners.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Fuck, in a state with hundreds of legal dispensaries, it would be almost impossible to hire non stoners.
    ^that and also the very low unemployment rates
    other industries have raised wages, but for lifties, not so much. I'm sure they have no respect for the job for what they get pd.
    except that lifty at casper. fully overly enthusiastic. props though- he keeps it fun
    skid luxury

Here's an interesting one from chair 2 a couple years back. It luckily ended well but there was no ladder around and the lifty wasn't able to climb up. Luckily a skier with good upper-body strength was nearby and got him after a minute or two. You just never know how you're going to get attached to these things..

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I sure as hell expect my dentist to know cardiac physiology and how to do basic cpr and use an AED. I don't know if dentists are required to do ACLS but I would think that would be a good idea.
    Outside of a hospital or ambulance where you have airway equipment, vascular access equipment, and resuscitation medications there's really no utility to ACLS over BLS. An AED and a bag-mask are all you need to do BLS (even the bag-mask depends on the situation and age of the patient).

I’m just waiting until puregravity shows up and drops theoretical knowledge bombs - before I make any judgements here.
    He. knows. lift. systems. And wind.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    ^ ^ ^ lemme guess: You're not an attorney
    Definetly not. A few years back an attorney dissected the waiver in an opinion piece in the tahoe daily tribune. It was not good for guests hoping to sue.

I was was just hoping we could get off the EMS talk and get a few attorneys to chime in.

Lift op didn’t start the diesel generator when electric power failed.

In former Soviet republics, chairlifts ride you

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    Definetly not. A few years back an attorney dissected the waiver in an opinion piece in the tahoe daily tribune. It was not good for guests hoping to sue.

I was was just hoping we could get off the EMS talk and get a few attorneys to chime in.
    Why? The ski safety act in Colorado speaks for itself. It renders most liability waivers/releases mostly useless. Void against public policy and all that except for the PLA with areas outside of operations e.g. other idiots. Those can actually be waived as well by buying and not even signing anything.

Kinda weird name for it though, since it is not really aimed at protecting skiers very much, but in this case, I don't see a problem.

I'll let you armchair dentist the max damages from a google search. It's not even a, no pun intended, dent for MTN. At most, the statutory cap plus some puni's from the wrongful death statute which would be a tough sell, but anyway, not a whole lot.

3 attorney's are going to split about 400k between them gross, not net. The guy is dead, the wife gets $500k. Reality.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 02-18-2020 at 12:52 AM.

or it could have been someone not stoned but on his phone. or only 1 lifty there and he/she was helping a guest. the chair only has to go a very short distance and once attached it goes about 30' in two seconds. if it was windy enough to flip chairs up the speed may have been down. naked guy was maybe a little more than that out, but someone would be hanging out of reach after only half of that (although thats snow level dependent).
    Point being this has happened before and human lifties didn't solve the problem. Then Vail didn't create a failsafe and human lifties failed to solve the problem again, for whatever reason. Humans are fallible, so there had to be a backup, whether that's more humans, or or something passive is up for debate.
    Stop making excuses for Vail you ignorant twat. Prop 64 allowed legal weed sales to start in 2014. How did naked guy end up dangling in front of everyone when there were no recreational dispensaries?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Name:  57e071a29fae9f34257990399db84a87.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  21.4 KB
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Technically that's Asia. So there's that. But hey.. to you guys Belgium is also a nice city.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    or it could have been someone not stoned but on his phone. or only 1 lifty there and he/she was helping a guest. the chair only has to go a very short distance and once attached it goes about 30' in two seconds. if it was windy enough to flip chairs up the speed may have been down. naked guy was maybe a little more than that out, but someone would be hanging out of reach after only half of that (although thats snow level dependent).
    Point being this has happened before and human lifties didn't solve the problem. Then Vail didn't create a failsafe and human lifties failed to solve the problem again, for whatever reason. Humans are fallible, so there had to be a backup, whether that's more humans, or or something passive is up for debate.
    Stop making excuses for Vail you ignorant twat. Prop 64 allowed legal weed sales to start in 2014. How did naked guy end up dangling in front of everyone when there were no recreational dispensaries?
    While I might agree with you that I don't pull punches with VA, I don't thing Benny is far off. I've never met a VA liftie who didn't smoke, before or after legality. Many occupations actually. It's more that the problem is that they are hiring a metaphorical bunch of stoners/cell phone addicts and paying accordingly. They have no incentive to give a shit, or what, fire them? They are on a couch or sleeping in their cars. Literally. For $13 an hour before taxes. That is the failure. Fine if you are cleaning tables in the lodge, but lifting thousands of guests a day, that is criminal, and that is why it keeps happening. The lifts are state of the art, the staff and the management are good old 1930's barons.

Stock's up today, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Name:  57e071a29fae9f34257990399db84a87.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  21.4 KB
    I'm sure this is in every Epic lift shack from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Why? The ski safety act in Colorado speaks for itself. It renders most liability waivers/releases useless. Void against public policy and all that.

Kinda weird name for it though, since it is not really aimed at protecting skiers very much, but in this case, I don't see a problem.

I'll let you armchair dentist the max damages from a google search. It's not even a, no pun intended, dent for MTN.
    I assumed you can sue despite the waiver you sign. I just thought you might not have a good case. Vail settled for an undisclosed amount of money (15 million was deemed fair by the family in court documents) for the guy they killed on tamarack with the zip line debacle. It took years of litigation though. And I’m not sure if that guy signed a waiver.

Im more just curious if someone can sue heavenly the next time a chair falls off northbowl lift and it’s occupied despite a signed waiver indemnifing vail

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    I assumed you can sue despite the waiver you sign. I just thought you might not have a good case. Vail settled for an undisclosed amount of money (15 million was deemed fair by the family in court documents) for the guy they killed on tamarack with the zip line debacle. It took years of litigation though. And I’m not sure if that guy signed a waiver.

Im more just curious if someone can sue heavenly the next time a chair falls off northbowl lift and it’s occupied despite a signed waiver indemnifing vail
    This is a state by state matter, not a corp. matter. Colorado has the tightest protections for ski area operators in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    ^ ^ ^ lemme guess: You're not an attorney
    What gave it away? Was it quoting a British Columbia legal waiver in a vail Colorado accident thread?
    . . .

While I might agree with you that I don't pull punches with VA, I don't thing Benny is far off. I've never met a VA liftie who didn't smoke, before or after legality. Many occupations actually. It's more that the problem is that they are hiring a metaphorical bunch of stoners/cell phone addicts and paying accordingly. They have no incentive to give a shit, or what, fire them? They are on a couch or sleeping in their cars. Literally. For $13 an hour before taxes. That is the failure. Fine if you are cleaning tables in the lodge, but lifting thousands of guests a day, that is criminal, and that is why it keeps happening. The lifts are state of the art, the staff and the management are good old 1930's barons.

Stock's up today, BTW.
    Point is, you met them mostly before legalization, right (if only because you've been alive longer before legalization than after)? So even if it was true the lifty was high and that was a contributing factor Benny is blaming that on the dispensaries when lifties have been high, drinking, tripping, and apparently jerking off on the clock for quite some time

This is a state by state matter, not a corp. matter. Colorado has the tightest protections for ski area operators in the country.
    I'm guessing they will get a settlement above the state legislated amounts right out of the box. Make it go away lest it tests the current laws in favor of the resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Point is, you met them mostly before legalization, right (if only because you've been alive longer before legalization than after)? So even if it was true the lifty was high and that was a contributing factor Benny is blaming that on the dispensaries when lifties have been high, drinking, tripping, and apparently jerking off on the clock for quite some time
    I completely agree.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague