Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I'm guessing they will get a settlement above the state legislated amounts right out of the box. Make it go away lest it tests the current laws in favor of the resorts.
    Nah. That's not the vr way. They will suck every defendant down first.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nah. That's not the vr way. They will suck every defendant down first.

Vail celebrity mountain will probably call th erace card some how..its a liberal hollywood thing
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Point is, you met them mostly before legalization, right (if only because you've been alive longer before legalization than after)? So even if it was true the lifty was high and that was a contributing factor Benny is blaming that on the dispensaries when lifties have been high, drinking, tripping, and apparently jerking off on the clock for quite some time
    Jesus, lighten up, dude. I just remember a time, not to long ago when, when I was told by more than one, that Vail tested for some jobs at hire, and one was lifties. I guess no more.

Fuck Vail anyway.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    While I might agree with you that I don't pull punches with VA, I don't thing Benny is far off. I've never met a VA liftie who didn't smoke, before or after legality. Many occupations actually. It's more that the problem is that they are hiring a metaphorical bunch of stoners/cell phone addicts and paying accordingly. They have no incentive to give a shit, or what, fire them? They are on a couch or sleeping in their cars. Literally. For $13 an hour before taxes. That is the failure. Fine if you are cleaning tables in the lodge, but lifting thousands of guests a day, that is criminal, and that is why it keeps happening. The lifts are state of the art, the staff and the management are good old 1930's barons.

Stock's up today, BTW.
    Yeah, when you think about it most ski areas have essentially the most important piece of the puzzle (aside from patrol?....also grossly underpaid) in the hands of people living in poverty who are mostly there to be high, ski a few runs, and spend the majority of their puny paycheck at the bar anyway. There is no incentive for a lifty to care. Occasionally you run into those "lifer" lifties and I often wonder about them. Do they really not know they can make alot more money doing most other things? Or are they a much better person than I and just really like what they do and not care about ever not living at the poverty line?

It's sickening really. "Oh, mr. lifty/patrol please keep all the guests from not dying so we can make wheelbarrows full of cash everyday. Now go sleep in your 1996 Town and Country in that far away lot with the other the other peasants."

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jesus, lighten up, dude. I just remember a time, not to long ago when, when I was told by more than one, that Vail tested for some jobs at hire, and one was lifties. I guess no more.

Fuck Vail anyway.
    Fake/borrowed piss, Benny. Nobody actually took those pre-employment drug screens with their own.

Not to derail this thread from the tragedy of that poor guy dying, but just saying.

There is no incentive for a lifty to care. Occasionally you run into those "lifer" lifties and I often wonder about them. Do they really not know they can make alot more money doing most other things? Or are they a much better person than I and just really like what they do and not care about ever not living at the poverty line?
    At BS, no, there are no lifers on Lifts. There is a Lift Manager who is FT YR and a core group of Supervisors who are also YR FT and work the summer on lifts or in other seasonal Depts. They do OK for $$$ but not enough to live in Big Sky if they have a family.

At BB it seems that way. The ones I got to know have a good 8 Month gig (fishing guide/landscape company owner) etc and the lift op part is for fun/social outlet and to provide family passes for the clan. They work their asses off and they most certainly do care.

For a place like Vail or Park City, there are not enough warm bodies to fill the slots.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

For companies like Vail, this is why they pay shitloads of money for insurance and good representation on speed dial.

For training and wages, not so much.

Gripped

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    Outside of a hospital or ambulance where you have airway equipment, vascular access equipment, and resuscitation medications there's really no utility to ACLS over BLS. An AED and a bag-mask are all you need to do BLS (even the bag-mask depends on the situation and age of the patient).
    Full ACLS true. And I doubt most dentists could start on IV on a patient in shock. I doubt I could. But giving epi for anaphylaxis seems useful. Other methods would depend on what drugs the dentist uses in the office. Also knowing the effects of various cardiac meds the patient might be taking. Any actual dentists want to weigh in?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Gripped
    Thats the Whistler thread.... Nothing new to see here, just another Aussi "Local" riding the lines that he "knows". Patrol rope a person off those cliffs every 3 -4 week.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Paying a lifty comes right out of vail shareholders dividends. Can’t have that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    does vail pay a dividend..? Might be time to get into them...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Then how about the laser idea that powdork mentioned?
    Sharks work cheap

Sometimes I like to flip the seat up when unloading the chair just to see if the lift op at the bottom is paying attention. Guess I should stop doing that

Dang, that sucks big time. Vibes to skiers friends and family.

Vail was always one of the places I have wanted to ski at least once.

Seems like a hard pass now.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Gripped

I assumed that was fake since there didn't seem to be any tracks coming down to his location.

if you read the vail daily article
    it's interesting because the paper is looking for comment, the corner releases a statement but tells them to call the sherriff, the sherriff puts it back to the vail,
    vail says call the sherrif for a statment, small town at it's best, everyone is getting paid to not say shit, where is beth with a solid statement, bet they are working hard down in broomfield trying to spin it the proper way as to not blame the (guest) or their lack of paying livable wages in trade for the "experience of a lifetime"

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    I read the liability waiver when I signed the pass paperwork. It’s dense but it seems that vail is covered. I sure vail will somehow hang this lifty.
    Eye for an eye is pretty harsh in this situation. Vail is brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    At BS, no, there are no lifers on Lifts..
    That one kid that worked the headwaters lift for a few years was awesome. Funny voice, always wore his helmet for some reason, Always stoked on life, and spread the good cheer

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    if you read the vail daily article
    it's interesting because the paper is looking for comment, the corner releases a statement but tells them to call the sherriff, the sherriff puts it back to the vail,
    vail says call the sherrif for a statment, small town at it's best, everyone is getting paid to not say shit, where is beth with a solid statement, bet they are working hard down in broomfield trying to spin it the proper way as to not blame the (guest) or their lack of paying livable wages in trade for the "experience of a lifetime"
    “The Vail love was too great that day my friends, in an excited effort to enjoy a beautiful ski run (insert victim’s name) hurriedly sat on the chairlift in advance of the professionally trained safety operator’s ability to prepare his seat, we offer deep thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. Check out the Vail events page or visit us on Facebook, don’t forget to like us and subscribe”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Dang, that sucks big time. Vibes to skiers friends and family.

Vail was always one of the places I have wanted to ski at least once.

Seems like a hard pass now.
    Lotta places to travel to and ski once, Vail shouldnt be on that list. Its big and not very steep. Given time in that area I would chose Basin, even Beaver Creek over Vail.
    That being said, i wouldn't boycott them due to this, honestly it could happen anywhere. Although as mentioned, they shoulda learned from the first time.

Tough way to go. Vibes to his family and friends.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Lift op didn’t start the diesel generator when electric power failed.

In former Soviet republics, chairlifts ride you
    this is a classic... one of the scariest videos I have ever watched
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Lotta places to travel to and ski once, Vail shouldnt be on that list. Its big and not very steep. Given time in that area I would chose Basin, even Beaver Creek over Vail.
    That being said, i wouldn't boycott them due to this, honestly it could happen anywhere. Although as mentioned, they shoulda learned from the first time.
    DS -

With no disrespect to Wood. ,
    I'd keep Vail on your list --
    There's some history there these days...

it is pretty-much A cluster these days , and god help you If you get to the bottom of a lift with a two hour line ! ( !!! True - within the last month )

ski smart , ski Early - ski smart...
    The Back Bowls are worth seeing ( watch the lift lines )
    There are a lot of people more knowledgable than me ( here ) -

The trip to Colorado and old Vail with my Dad in 1976 probably changed my life --
    I was thirteen(.)

a month later, the gondola fell at Lionshead ( Vail ) --

Today, I'd rather spent a day at Cooper ( not Copper ) , or KellyCanyon with BigLost - (but) I'll go back to montana...

... keep Vail on your list - then You decide --

Good luck.

lightly,,, Look Before you Sit (down)

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Picked up a hitchhiking liftie on the way down from the local hill a couple days ago. Older guy, pretty cool and good conversationalist. He bitched about all the new kids who only want to sit in the top shack and text and youtube all day. Most of them don't like taking laps between station shifts and they have to be told a lot to work on ramps. He just spent eight hours on the beginner lift scanning passes and bumping chairs because the top kid never came down and they're short staffed so the manager never made it around to tell him to. Low paid thankless job if you ask me.

Old guy bitching about the young kids. Now that's not something you see every day.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Full ACLS true. And I doubt most dentists could start on IV on a patient in shock. I doubt I could. But giving epi for anaphylaxis seems useful. Other methods would depend on what drugs the dentist uses in the office. Also knowing the effects of various cardiac meds the patient might be taking. Any actual dentists want to weigh in?
    While anaphylaxis is tested relatively often in ACLS (because it's a distributive shock state), it's not a cardiac problem like we were discussing in this thread. In general, it is thought that skin/muscle/soft tissue perfusion in a cardiac arrest is too low for enough (or any) of an IM epinephrine injection to reach the heart.

My wife is a dentist and outside of some training classes she's never started an IV. Nor does she have more than a recognition-level familiarity with cardiac medications.