Large Raft Trailer Sell off/simple trailer purchase

Mags,

Looking for some advice on value of my raft trailer (I know not a lot) and cost of purchasing a smaller one. I have a very nice, heavy duty trailer that is really good for long trips where you are bringing camping gear, etc. It tows really well due to its weight, is generally really good for doing other things like hauling, etc. It does need at least one new tire and sandblasted/painted, however, the roller is very nice and heavy duty and I put new pressure treated plywood on it 18 months ago and sealed it. (pics below).

Since I moved to Basalt and am not towing very far, and could use the space, I would like to sell/trade it for a simple trailer with no storage. What is the going rate for listing a trailer like mine? Best options/brands for new trailers? Anyone want to trade trailers?

Thanks for the help!

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

No pics for me?

For small trailers, a snowmobile trailer or a single axle utility trailer work well. Do you need tilt?

I will try another imgur option for the pics. If anyone is interested, message me your number or email and I will send you pics.

No, I do not need tilt. Purely a raft trailer and if you can't get your raft up off the ground 2 feet, you need to take out your damn cooler...lol.

Link:

https://imgur.com/Nh83ERl
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nh83ERl.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	315794

Fixed it up and see if you can get $1K for it on Mountain Buzz?

Thanks Foggy!

I guess I don't get the space part? I do get that your trailer is better suited to overnighters. What's your budget? This is pretty sweet https://denver.craigslist.org/trb/d/...075146741.html If I lived where you lived I'd want to be able to self load and self shuttle. If that don't matter to you, just get a 10' PJ utility trailer, bolt a couple 2x8s on top and be done.

That is awesome and even though I sold my motorcycle, picking up a dirt bike and doing self shuttles would great!

On the space part, it’s just such a large trailer and is pretty heavy. I bought a Casita camper that is coming in the spring and am hoping I can tow a smaller boat trailer with my Outback if we take the raft and camper on any trips.

It’s a great trailer, just overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

M&Ms are really nice trailers. I think you have to go to Mantana to pick them up however. Budget trailers are simply not safe. I'm usually a cheap skate but I pay for good trailers.

Sold the trailer for $1K.

Now I need someone that is going to Missoula to pick me up an M&M.

Any mags headed that way in the next two months? I will pay for your gas...even if you are not coming all the way south, I could meet you!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I have plans to fish cody and mt end of july
    but ill be pulling the drifty on a sweet new black dog 14" rims galvanized trailer I bought on last years road trip
    not sure who else is going if anyone or what they'll be towing
    id invite you but I dont think Kanyes coming or anybody else I fish with wants to hear the red hatter drivel
    unless the hat says
    msga
    but cereal if you still need help come mid july pm me and ill know better about whose drivin what where
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks! Appreciate the offer.

You have me pegged wrong on the red hat, but that is not a discussion that ever belongs on a river or in this fishing forum. Pretty sure last time we floated together there was none of that. ;-)

If you dont get it sooner and could get it closer to the Yellowstone region, I will be headed back to Gunnison in the fall, could probably figure something out
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im just givin ya shit
    i think there was bent whippy sticks wine bag slapping
    and i know i rowed fished and camped safe
    oh yeah and a large black n white dog
    shit i left a pos trailer that had fresh rubber at the ro bros yard last trip that i have yet to see if is still there or got parted
    or whose road trippin or if my spancer even lets me
    but ive double stacked and hauled 2 trailers before if theres an empty hitch ill let ya know
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Definitely some wine bag slapping and bent sticks ;-) Was a great time. Two kids have kept me fishing local the last 4 years!

I understand the M&M trailers are awesome, but out of curiosity, what are the thoughts on these aluminum versions? This is a local place that I could run and pick one up without delay:

https://www.rttrailer.com/default.as...=xallinventory

Thanks mags.

Tellee....in two weeks I will know if I draw Unit 51 elk in WY. Fingers crossed! If w draw, I will be heading up for some scouting.

I think I might lean toward one of these options in steel, probably want 15" rims:

https://www.thetrailerguyllc.com/models

https://www.allamericandenver.com/al.../raft-trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    M&Ms are really nice trailers. I think you have to go to Mantana to pick them up however.
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Now I need someone that is going to Missoula to pick me up an M&M.
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I understand the M&M trailers are awesome
    Buyer beware.

I lived in Missoula for a long time (25+ years) and I can tell you that back then these guys had a horrible reputation. I moved away over 10 years ago maybe they are under different ownership (??)

I never did any trailer business with him, but I did deal with him numerous times in my business supplying raw materials to him. Due to his reputation in town, I never extended him any credit, cash on delivery, no checks. The guy was in his 60’s back in the 1990’s so maybe his kids run it now ? I dunno. My info is old so take it with a grain of salt.

Anonymous shitposting from the Internet, but matches his personality as I remember it...
    https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ontana-1208248

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

These are the best raft trailers in Missoula IMO. But not cheap. Should last a lifetime though. I'm very happy I bought one a couple years ago.

Western States Trailers

Thanks mags. I am a bit torn between aluminum and steel. I like the galvanize steel option I posted.

However, my neighbors son in law and daughter are about to move into a new house. His 14ft alumina might not fit and he asked me about buying so he could get a 12ft.

Great guy, would be helping out a friend, etc.

Any horrible experiences with the aluminum trailers if only ever used as raft trailer?

I’ve had an Aluma trailer for 5+ years and have had no problems that weren’t my fault.
    Mine is a tilt trailer with some nice modifications. Tiny wheels though.