Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverton TR

Avalanche danger has to be through the roof right now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

CAIC shows Black/extreme across the entire San Juan range, north and south. Gonna be historic slides happening.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Got in just before 550 closed yesterday. Stopped 3 times over Red for smaller slides that came across the road in front of us. Stoked for the mountain to hopefully open up tomorrow.
    dedicated to the game, player

The whole mountain might just be avy debris tomorrow.

So much snow down there this year. Wish I could make it back for another trip this spring.

Anybody ski there today? Trying figure out if Sat or Sunday is the call.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Kendall Mountain is closed due to drifts over the lift.

But Coal Bank, Molas and Red Mountain are all open.

I'd go tomorrow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Copy that. Thanks!

Well that was one of the most fun weekends of my life. Sat was the biggest shit show there in the morning before the lifts opened but then all time bluebird untracked conditions with an unexpected heli drop in the afternoon and some deep tree skiing yesterday. My god that place is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Well done!

Aggressive in my own mind

The morning shitshow is a Silverton tradition. You just deal with it because at the end of the day, it is usually worth it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The morning shitshow is a Silverton tradition. You just deal with it because at the end of the day, it is usually worth it and then some.
    I mean...how many skiers actually make it until last chair? Its best to do more that just deal, you embrace! The number of entitled shitbags losing their mind in the tent is the show. Silverton ain't everyone's box of crackers but its best established as being what it is. The circus shouldn't be sneaking up on anyone. I haven't been in a couple years and I miss it.

Oh yeah it was fully expected and fun people watching. Had no issues with it aside from it being like -10 out. Then as soon as the lift opened there were no crowds or lines and it was some of the best skiing I’ve ever done. Sunday was back to being empty even in the morning

I wouldn’t be surprised if Saturday was one of their busiest days in history though just with the combo of new snow, passes opening up the day before, and unguided etc. But I have no basis of comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

We usually get breakfast at the Kendall Mtn cafe and roll up to the ski area around 10am when all the lines have dispersed. It's just much easier on your constitution.

We usually get breakfast at the Kendall Mtn cafe and roll up to the ski area around 10am when all the lines have dispersed. It's just much easier on your constitution.

Yep. Sat was a great day. I was psyched on my pass, that’s for sure!
    I got lucky on the Rope Dee rope drop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679941863.037235.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	453412

++++!!!!

On Saturday the ticket line was still out past the lift even by like 11am. Heard some guy say he waited 2+ hours

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Yep. Sat was a great day. I was psyched on my pass, that’s for sure!
    I got lucky on the Rope Dee rope drop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679941863.037235.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	453412

Pretty sure that's me above. You went right, I went left, steep freshies were enjoyed by all!

We got a photo of randoms in the bar on Saturday night. We all had the same right side of our face windburn, a souvenir for hiking the ridge Saturday. Crowd on Saturday was biggest I've seen. I waited in the heli lineup for an hour with 100+ people. My feet froze standing on top of the mountain, but then I hopped in a frickin' helicopter and made tracks down Grassy Bowl.

Going back down again for this weekend. What a place.

Silverton TR

Ha! Hell yeah! You were wearing a light grey jacket?
    That ridge hike was brutal. I was getting an ice cream headache through a buff and my helmet.

Hit up the Coffee Bear next time you're in town. Good coffee, good burritos, big supporters of the local backcountry community.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hit up the Coffee Bear next time you're in town. Good coffee, good burritos, big supporters of the local backcountry community.
    Yeah, we go there too. Bought an $18 lb of coffee.

FYI:
    Flash sale of 10% off 2024 dates with with the promo code "new-lift."

If you haven't done this before, give it some thought. It's an awesome deal.

I might be around during part of unguided.

https://silvertonmountain.com/shop/2...season-passes/

$199 SILVERTON UNGUIDED SEASON BASE PASS WITH $39 HELI SKIING! (EARLY BIRD BOOKING PRICE)
    Help support independent ski areas while getting an amazing limited time deal!

Base Pass Deal includes: Access to the mountain for the following projected 2024 Unguided dates Weds-Sun 5 DAYS a Week:

Weds, March 13 (Passholder-Only Private Mountain Day)
    March 14-17
    March 20-24
    March 27-31
    April 3-7
    April 10-14
    AND Option to purchase one $39 heli run for 2024 season. Heli run price increases to $59 after 5.31.23. 2024 Spring Heli season running Thurs-Sun through April 7th. Purchase your season pass through the button below. You will receive instructions on booking your discounted heli run within 2 weeks of your pass purchase or after April 2nd, discount heli runs must be pre-booked online. *The Base Pass option does not include partner mountain days.

Add Skiing at Partner Resorts for only an additional $99 with Premium Pass Upgrade!

Premium Pass includes (regular price $698):

2 Days as Arapahoe Basin, Colorado
    2 Days at Monarch Mountain, Colorado
    3 Days Mt. Baldy, California
    3 Days Red Lodge Mountain, British Columbia
    3 Days at Eaglecrest, AK
    3 Days at Snow King, WY
    (Additional partners anticipated)
    *see blackout dates (coming soon)
    **(Only available to those purchasing a 2024 season pass and at the time of purchase of season pass product.)

Add a Powder Pass UPGRADE for only an additional $89 to your Premium Pass (not available with Base Pass).

Premium Pass Powder Upgrade Includes:

$89 Standby Guided Skiing/Snowboarding during Guided Season.
    Option to purchase a second $39 heli run on a second day. Heli runs must be on separate dates. Powder Upgrade Heli run pricing increases to $59 after 5.31.23.
    5% Discount on Alaska heli skiing with Silverton Mountain Guides for the months of November, December and January.
    **(Only available to those purchasing season pass and at the time of purchase of season pass product.)

Add Season Pass Injury Insurance for $39 (available for purchase with Midweek, Base Pass, Premium Pass and Powder Upgrade)

Only a very limited number of early bird $99 Midweek Passes, $199 Unguided Season Base Passes (regular price $699), and Premium Unguided Season Passes (regular price $798) will be sold.

$8.95 shipping fee is automatically added to all pass purchases in addition to $1 Road Fee, $12 Avalanche Fee, and $12 inflation and fuel fee.

Unguided Season Pass Cancellation Policy

All season pass products are non-refundable and non-transferrable and only valid for the 2024 Spring Unguided Season. There is no guarantee of conditions allowing a 2024 Spring Unguided Season. If one highway is open to Silverton, you must ski on your reserved day. It is best to arrive the night before to avoid highway closures from keeping you from arriving on time. We do not have control over operations at our partner resorts and no refunds or credits will be issued for inability to use ski days at partner resorts under any reason, including pandemics or force majeures. No refunds will be given for any reason including from inability to use the pass due to a pandemic or other force majeure. Season Passes cannot be credited to any other product or season. Only in the event of a Colorado government pandemic mandated closing of Silverton Mountain, will any credits be issued for the following season at the sole discretion of Silverton Mountain.

Closed today for wind. Currently dumping in town. Hopefully they don't get too much snow to open tomorrow.

Yoyo! Headed down next couple days from bozeman. Anyone got beta on how the snows set up through the heat and dust storm recently? Haven't been down in the winter/ spring before. Stoked!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free