Connect for Health Colorado?

I'm trying to help my guys get health insurance. Any of you dirtbags make less than $50K and qualify for the tax deductions? It looks to me like you get a +/- $500/month federal income tax deduction that you can pre-apply. You end up paying +/- $200 for fairly decent coverage.

Kinda seems like I must be missing something. What do ya'll know? Thanks

Open enrollment isn't until November.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 10.40.14 AM.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	315599

9 months? That's about how long my guys take to make decisions.

It's been a few years.

When I went through this, the state subsidized/outsourced insurance agents, so you can get help with no out of pocket expense.

An additional option is to visit a state office - more for technical help, 'coz odds are that you'll mess up part of your profile due to incoherent software / navigation.

You'll also add your agent to your profile so the state pays them.

I'd start by looking for an agent and establishing a login with Connect for Health.

Once you establish a login, you run through various qualifying questions to determine eligibility and subsidies. I'd try to do this as well if the navigation isn't too confusing.

At some point, a subsidy (if any) is determined and you go through a menu of plans to select. This is where the agent earns their money, but they should also be able to help you navigate through the Connect for Health setup process.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks Thom, think we have an agent out here in the sticks. I wonder if my guys even pay enough in taxes to maximize the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Thanks Thom, think we have an agent out here in the sticks. I wonder if my guys even pay enough in taxes to maximize the benefit.
    The good news (since this isn't a red state) is that if they don't pay much in taxes, they don't have a ton of net income and will likely get more of a subsidy.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    think we have an agent out here in the sticks
    The ladies at Vega Insurance in Pagosa are very helpful, even if you are not in their area.

essentially catastrophic insurance except for 1 or 2 primary care visits. Gold plan for me was $124/mo with $7K deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    essentially catastrophic insurance except for 1 or 2 primary care visits. Gold plan for me was $124/mo with $7K deductible.
    I'm guessing you mean $7k out of pocket max?
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'm guessing you mean $7k out of pocket max?
    I don't know. It looks like the less expensive plans have about a $7K deductible prior to any insurance really cutting in. Admittedly, I'm dog shit at this stuff. It is one of the few things that my wife just takes care of.