Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Don't do the WD40 if you are serviced by a biological sewage treatment plant. Probably no big deal in the city but it really fucks with the bugs in the small plans. They are usually discharging into a small river so fairly concentrated.
    I would strongly advise against dumping a whole can down your drain, but even if every single household spritzed all their toilet bowls with it once a week (no one cleans their toilets more than once a week) you're still talking about dilution factors of many, many millions. The average American family uses 300 gal/day.

@Timberridge: Man I had 10 days of antibiotics about a month ago and it was clearly a microbiome mass extermination event, I envy you.

tmi?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Speaking of. I'm in a good place lately. Last month or so it's been about 3 wipes and I'm done. I think my microbiome is locked in.
    So jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @Timberridge: Man I had 10 days of antibiotics about a month ago and it was clearly a microbiome mass extermination event, I envy you.

tmi?
    Man, that sucks. I've been there guys.

I know this can't last forever so I'm trying not to mess it up and I've been pretty much been eating the same things for a month now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Scrubbing with a pumice stone will also take that stuff off without harming the porcelin and leave the bowl sparkling like new. More work than spraying with WD40, though.
    Pumice stones (available at any hardware store and probably grocery stores) are the real hack for cleaning accumulated stains on toilet bowls, they work amazingly well. And I think less work, given you only need to do it every several months, versus having to spray the bowl constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Been doing mine in the clothes dryer the last couple years. 15-20 mins on high heat works great. If they look all fat and floppy when you take em out you’re good. Def safer than the oven imo, especially if you don’t have a convection oven, hot spots.
    Really? Obviously just the liners get them good and floppy then toss in the baked shells fresh out of the oven and strap em on for 10-15 minutes?

I’ve done the rice thing to warm the liners before and it was kind of a pain in the ass.

Be curious to know if anyone else has had success this way or if it’s really better to heat liners, insert in cold shell and buckle up for 10 mins.... then bake shells and put newly molded liners in and buckle up for 10 more mins.

I’m ALL about saving time and getting these tight ass boots feeling like my comfy old ones.
    I still call it The Jake.

I would strongly advise against dumping a whole can down your drain, but even if every single household spritzed all their toilet bowls with it once a week (no one cleans their toilets more than once a week) you're still talking about dilution factors of many, many millions. The average American family uses 300 gal/day.
    Our shit plant serves about 300 homes, most part time resident. You wash one stain brush in the sink and it fucks with the ecology. I'm no expert and this is at 8K ft and very low water temps but it does fuck with the bugs.

So...eat pumice stones for proper toilet microbiome?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Damn... I so badly want to start a satire thread...... must resist......
    sure, just don't start a parody thread, because those suck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

what's all this about baking shells? Liners I get, but shells?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This would be the perfect time for KQ to post a baked stuffed shells recipe.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Think he's pondering the cheezy "Melt fit" technique because boot fitters are expensive. It'll be funny if a boot fitter chimes in to suggest grinding hot spots with a pumice wheel, like sum 70s plug shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Our shit plant serves about 300 homes, most part time resident. You wash one stain brush in the sink and it fucks with the ecology. I'm no expert and this is at 8K ft and very low water temps but it does fuck with the bugs.
    That is definitely about as small as municipal WWTPs get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    A spritz of WD...
    As long as it's not a mist. Or a toot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    As long as it's not a mist. Or a toot.
    Zuerst mit den spritz.

Dann mit den toot.

Und letzt mit den mist.

Scheisse!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

what's all this about baking shells? Liners I get, but shells?
    My Hawx shells were heat moldble and done at same time as liners.

But most ski boots don't/haven't.

You're going to want to put a big ice pack around the shells while you're still in them if you do heat them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Think he's pondering the cheezy "Melt fit" technique because boot fitters are expensive. It'll be funny if a boot fitter chimes in to suggest grinding hot spots with a pumice wheel, like sum 70s plug shells.
    Or, I don’t have local access to a TRg approved boot fitter. And heat molding is how these Sollys work - shells and liners.

Bonus points to the first mag to heat mold boots and liners by preheating their entire boots in a clothes dryer. Please video this if you try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ya, I have Hawx Magna 130s. Moldable. You have to be careful. I think the heels came out a whisker sloppy, however the toebox is spot on. It's a nightmare punching the toebox for my feet, so I'll take it. Happy feet.

Parody! That's what you called it! Okay... still resisting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This would be the perfect time for KQ to post a baked stuffed shells recipe.
    Yanno, never been a fan of stuffed shells.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bonus points to the first mag to heat mold boots and liners by preheating their entire boots in a clothes dryer. Please video this if you try it.
    sounds a lot like using a dry cleaner to reglue skins.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That’s a stud finder too far.

I think.

That is definitely about as small as municipal WWTPs get.
    Yep, from memory about 12K galls average daily use and 37K max

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Or, I don’t have local access to a TRg approved boot fitter. And heat molding is how these Sollys work - shells and liners.

You got the Solly Chollys? Or Solly Mahles?

Mahles are go-fast go-to.