Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Just admit that it's because they don't make any carbon fiber super lightweight skimo AF goggles
    haha they have the Julbo Aerospace but it still fogs... but hey you'd be surprised, I'm skiing my Praxis Wootests most days this season! though I did get the 179 UL/carbon 3 flex, they're still nearly 1lb/ski heavier than my other stuff. but they freaking rip...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Remember that the TGR demo skews tall, fat, old, and inbounds.
    fuk, man, that cuts deep

I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Powder cords!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

look to what your partners (would-be) have as far as gear.
    You don't necessarily want to be too out of step with them in terms of weight.

I'd recommend some pin binding (I use brakes), and a ski in the 1800 g range and wall to wall skins...

some adjustable poles are nice for sidehilling/skinning.
    Aggressive in my own mind

This is about the best touring conversation we have had in a lot time. It is great to have choices. I use a Maelestrale/ION/Quixote combo. As others have said, in Colorado, it is a lot of low angle powder skiing. If you have friends you are planning on touring with, see what they use. Similar gear leads to similar objectives.

So thanks again to everyone who replied. If anyone cares - here is what I ended up getting:

Line Vision 108 183cm
    Atomic Backland Tour bindings (leashed version)
    Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro

Attachment 349022

Attachment 349023

that's a sick setup, enjoy man

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    So thanks again to everyone who replied. If anyone cares - here is what I ended up getting:

Line Vision 108 183cm
    Atomic Backland Tour bindings (leashed version)
    Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro
    I would ski the fuck out of that setup.

I have the same ski/binding set up. You will like.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I have the same ski/binding set up. You will like.
    That's good to hear! Only thing I'm a little worried about is how light the Visions are. Obviously that's good for a touring ski. Everything I've read says they ski above their weight, and I don't plan on skiing much shitty snow with them anyway.

That's good to hear! Only thing I'm a little worried about is how light the Visions are. Obviously that's good for a touring ski. Everything I've read says they ski above their weight, and I don't plan on skiing much shitty snow with them anyway.
    They aren't that light. You'll think they're too heavy going uphill, you may think they're too light going downhill but you can get used to it. Ski touring = compromise.

Light skis can take some getting used to. They don't feel the same, especially with light bindings. But good ones are more stable than they feel. Don't dismiss this pair too quickly because they feel different- try to focus on what they're capable of rather than the sensation.

On the other, hand some people never get on with light gear.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Skied my Line Sakana's with ATK R 12's/ heel spacers, Lange free tour 130's all day inside the area. They carved everything and floated through the cut-up leftovers like my alpine set-up. Sakana's go around 1750 gm (174 cm) so I'm trading off some weight but close to what an alpine rig feels like. Liner swap for the Lange's made them 2 oz. lighter than my ZGTP / Intuition tour. Can't wait to set them free in some fresh and not too heavy for dedicated tour days. The Mythic 97's (my lighter rig) although around 300 gm lighter a ski, wouldn't be close to how good the Sakana ski's (in variable conditions) so a few hundred grams in the right place is an advantage.
    Last edited by L82thegate; 11-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.