Whitefish Trip - Float Recs

Hey folks - looking for some recommendations for floats to do near Whitefish MT in mid July. I'll be there for a concert and definitely wanna bring the cat and get er wet. Looks like middle fork of the flat head - above West Glacier - looks sweet. Any suggestions appreciated - also your go to fly shop would be sick too.

We'd be fishing firstly, but also down to tie off some tubes behind the raft and just booze cruise.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    Hey folks - looking for some recommendations for floats to do near Whitefish MT in mid July. I'll be there for a concert and definitely wanna bring the cat and get er wet. Looks like middle fork of the flat head - above West Glacier - looks sweet. Any suggestions appreciated - also your go to fly shop would be sick too.

We'd be fishing firstly, but also down to tie off some tubes behind the raft and just booze cruise.

TIA
    Love me some of those great wild fish. Hear they are good eatin' as well
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

The "normal" middle fork float is from Moccasin Creek to Apgar. It will have a bunch of tourist boats on it, but still a great float. The North Fork is also good fishing, and getting more popular. Not sure of the starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    The "normal" middle fork float is from Moccasin Creek to Apgar. It will have a bunch of tourist boats on it, but still a great float. The North Fork is also good fishing, and getting more popular. Not sure of the starting point.
    That's fine. Can't complain as I'm not a local either. Thanks

Have you ever made a post that was something other than looking for a free handout?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Have you ever made a post that was something other than looking for a free handout?

Just tryna be huge. Sick troll

I have floated a lot up there and all the rivers are great, you really can't go wrong. Middle Fork is my favorite but many prefer the North Fork. A lot of people overlook the main Flathead River below the confluence but I think it is surprisingly beautiful and a lot of stretches stay away from the roads as it winds through the valley. Another suggestion is the Flathead below the lake. Buffalo Rapids is a blast and below that the river is uncrowded and offers good warmwater fishing. Watch out for snakes through there though, friend got bit.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I have floated a lot up there and all the rivers are great, you really can't go wrong. Middle Fork is my favorite but many prefer the North Fork. A lot of people overlook the main Flathead River below the confluence but I think it is surprisingly beautiful and a lot of stretches stay away from the roads as it winds through the valley. Another suggestion is the Flathead below the lake. Buffalo Rapids is a blast and below that the river is uncrowded and offers good warmwater fishing. Watch out for snakes through there though, friend got bit.
    Ah fuck snakes, ive been close - knock on wood. Thanks for the reply. That’s all I was hoping to hear

If ya float bellow Flathead, bring stuff for Pike. That lower river is loaded with them, big ones as well. So bring fish frying stuff.

Just tryna be huge. Sick troll

It’s not trolling. It’s an honest question.

It’s not trolling. It’s an honest question.
    I get that you have the biggest dick on TGR, but I was just looking for some personal input 🤷

I’ll be sure to use tenkara for the pike and only euro for suckers 🤙🏼

I get that you have the biggest dick on TGR, but I was just looking for some personal input ��

I’ll be sure to use tenkara for the pike and only euro for suckers ����

2nd biggest.

I’ll let you touch it, if you want

Odds are good that he deletes this thread after he gets the info he wants or gets enough shit; he's done it numerous times before. I'd advise folks to not waste their time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Odds are good that he deletes this thread after he gets the info he wants or gets enough shit; he's done it numerous times before. I'd advise folks to not waste their time.
    Cool. Way different vibe over here from the fishing guys

I get that you have the biggest dick on TGR, but I was just looking for some personal input

I’ll be sure to use tenkara for the pike and only euro for suckers

Sorry I'm not into that but hope you find some deep personal input
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Ha...this guy again. Didn't you find paradise to move to yet? Pro-tip: roll into the Northern with your skinny jeans and green plates and ask where the fish are at. If that doesn't work, wait until late night and try the same move at the Palace. The locals are sure to take care of ya.

Inner tubes with beer caddy + jig rod on flathead or whitefish lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was about to post an awesome spot that I have fished in that area, and has not been mentioned yet, but maybe I should keep quiet.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters