Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB Line Sakana 181

Prefer 18/19 version, with no more than one mount and in good condition. Willing to pay $450 + shipping to Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$639 CAD = $481 USD.

No mounts.... and Corbetts is easy to work with.

https://www.corbetts.com/2020-line-sakana-skis/

Boom! Thanks

WTB Line Sakana 181

I have nothing special to add but I added the Sakana 181 to my quiver this year and to say it is one of the funnest skis I own would be an understatement... Absolutely rails groomers and the shin/boot deep POW I had them in skied as well as some of my 116+ skis... $481 is a great deal on this year skis...

I have a pair I would be willing to sell. 2019 top sheets. Mounted with pivot 14s on the line with a 312 BSL.

If Ritalin Kid does not want them, I would be interested. I have been curious about the Sakana for awhile.

Dude yest was talking these up on the chair at squaw. Too bad there’s not longer sizes to try

I'll just add how awesome this ski is. It's definitely not a single ski in the quiver, but it did surprisingly well at Bird on Monday. The conditions were far from soft and everything was tracked out. I had some concerns about it's stability considering it's light weight, length and tight turn radius but was blown away by an amount of fun I had. It will ask you to make more turns than your typical all mountain metal chargers but those turn make so much fun as long as you ski actively. I mounted mine with Shifts so I can tour occasionally.
    Now I want to try Pescado even more than before during some epic storms.

If anyone wants to try mine and is in SLC area, you're welcome to give them a ride.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

They looked like rad carvers. Dude was playin chase with me on my Wrens and goin fast. They must be somewhat stable. Positive feedback on here......totally need more skis......faaaaack.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
    They looked like rad carvers. Dude was playin chase with me on my Wrens and goin fast. They must be somewhat stable. Positive feedback on here......totally need more skis......faaaaack.

I posted this on another thread but I was at Bach in April last year for my end of season trip... I rode up with a cat rocking last years 181 Sakana and he was eyeing my 189 108 Wrens and asked if we wanted to swap skis for a few laps... I didn’t know much about the ski but I was absolutely blown away... The ski was so fun and could carve like a mother and at the same time could be thrown sideways when asked... I called my shop the next day and had them order me a pair...! The tip and tail rocker is less than my Wrens so even though the Sakana is a 181 the effective edge appears to be similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I posted this on another thread but I was at Bach in April last year for my end of season trip... I rode up with a cat rocking last years 181 Sakana and he was eyeing my 189 108 Wrens and asked if we wanted to swap skis for a few laps... I didn’t know much about the ski but I was absolutely blown away... The ski was so fun and could carve like a mother and at the same time could be thrown sideways when asked... I called my shop the next day and had them order me a pair...! The tip and tail rocker is less than my Wrens so even though the Sakana is a 181 the effective edge appears to be similar...

Rad! Thanks for enabling.....sorry for hijacking this thread. Tool in Eugene in a few weeks.....fuck.....here we go again.......

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    I have a pair I would be willing to sell. 2019 top sheets. Mounted with pivot 14s on the line with a 312 BSL.

In line......PM’d......thankyou

Bumping this thread because Corbetts has 2020 Sakanas in 174 and 181 for $480 CAD which comes out to $350 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Bumping this thread because Corbetts has 2020 Sakanas in 174 and 181 for $480 CAD which comes out to $350 USD.
    After shipping though?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    After shipping though?
    Free shipping

Curious peeps experience with these and durability. Had a used buy that went a little sideways and the seller helped me out but once in hand they felt kinda fragile. Just feelin it out and wondering Sakana owners experience skiing em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    Curious peeps experience with these and durability. Had a used buy that went a little sideways and the seller helped me out but once in hand they felt kinda fragile. Just feelin it out and wondering Sakana owners experience skiing em.

They definitely don't have that ON3P or Blizzard feeling and it's pretty lightweight ski for it's dimensions. I would look at it as a quiver ski, not your daily driver. I wouldn't take them for super hard icy conditions or waist deep powder, but when it's reasonably soft and you're not chasing speed records ski is very fun and versatile. I put Shifts on mine and have equal fun both at the resort and bc. But I also have dedicated touring and resort setup.

WTB Line Sakana 181

I bought a pair in the beginning of the year as a quiver ski and have ended up skiing them most days (around 50 days on them) this year. They’re so fun that I just can’t put them away. I’ve skied them hard - low tide trees, park, bumps, hard snow, soft snow, etc - and they’ve held up just fine. Get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    I bought a pair in the beginning of the year as a quiver ski and have ended up skiing them most days (around 50 days on them) this year. They’re so fun that I just can’t put them away. I’ve skied them hard - low tide trees, park, bumps, hard snow, soft snow, etc - and they’ve held up just fine. Get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice to hear.......$360 from Corbett’s to my door. Preferred last years Joy Division esque tops but for the price new I’ll play. Should be a great corn carver for the quiver

Very nice to hear.......$360 from Corbett’s to my door. Preferred last years Joy Division esque tops but for the price new I’ll play. Should be a great corn carver for the quiver

I almost bought a pair on Corbett’s, but it seemed way more expensive than that. Did I miss something? I didn’t get the feeling their was free shipping, but I’m in the states. And yes I was looking at USD price

I snagged a pair. That was correct. Right around $365 shipped to us.

I almost bought a pair on Corbett’s, but it seemed way more expensive than that. Did I miss something? I didn’t get the feeling their was free shipping, but I’m in the states. And yes I was looking at USD price
    Once completing payment and checking free ship th conversion put it at $365 US. Before that I think it was like $550 CAD with fast shipping selected. Keep pushing on thru and it will drop to the stoke price.

Once completing payment and checking free ship th conversion put it at $365 US. Before that I think it was like $550 CAD with fast shipping selected. Keep pushing on thru and it will drop to the stoke price.

Gotcha. Figured it out, was gonna pick up pescados and sakana, but the sakana is out in the 181, so just Pescados for about $405

Kicking myself for waiting on the Sakana. Would be fun for skinning the resorts now that they are shutting down.

Gotcha. Figured it out, was gonna pick up pescados and sakana, but the sakana is out in the 181, so just Pescados for about $405
    405 for Pescados? Anyone wants my pink Supergoats?