Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I guess this is now the 2021 page.

And it is happening now Friday Feb 19th.

And I can't stream it on my big TV like I did last year?.

I guess we can watch the YouTube video later and then talk about it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

What up with the live stream? They mad at google,. Google mad at them? Did they get demonized for? Some stupid reason
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Not sure about you guys, but I cannot stand the slo-mo replays of huge hucks on JH's IG. Fucking play it in real time so I can gauge the actual speed they are hucking their meat! Bugs the shit out of me.
    I am torn. That knuckle drag butter off the edge I probably would have missed, and that chick going largo with the backie and then tele landing were to be appreciated for pure boldness.

They should ban back flips from any competitions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    They should ban back flips from any competitions.

Agreed 100%. Doubles minimum.

Check out Aaron blunck on ig. First to drop. Massive zero spin. That’s way more difficult then a double back, imho. Then that snowboarder that sent it into the wall accidentally or not, rode it out with a wallride

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Haven’t seen any of the clips yet but hoping Blunck did well. Dude is coming back from some pretty major injuries casing a landing in October. Did well in X Games and cool to see him stepping into the K&Q mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Check out Aaron blunck on ig. First to drop. Massive zero spin. That’s way more difficult then a double back, imho. Then that snowboarder that sent it into the wall accidentally or not, rode it out with a wallride

Absolutely sick.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

So they are going to announce the winners today without even showing the public the footage? I mean yeah it already happened but it still seems a little strange.

Let's fucking go Karl!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

"Live" stream starts in 3 1/2 hours

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/event...ens-of-corbets
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Didn't it happen 5 days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Didn't it happen 5 days ago?
    Maybe they're live-streaming the awards...with footage? <shrug>

Which begs the question: why couldn't they live stream 5 days ago??? LAME!!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

It's a produced by Redbull event now... I'm wondering if some of the folks from natural selection stayed around to operate cameras etc....

There are just clips floating around out there, no clue why they switched to post-event etc. It'd be nice if it's edited down without all the between fluff that these events have., cut out all the judging time maybe?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    It's a produced by Redbull event now... I'm wondering if some of the folks from natural selection stayed around to operate cameras etc....

There are just clips floating around out there, no clue why they switched to post-event etc. It'd be nice if it's edited down without all the between fluff that these events have., cut out all the judging time maybe?
    There is no judging time. The riders all judge from the videos. Although as mentioned maybe the whole idea is to mix the judging into the program this year. Still wouldn't be a livestream though. They've already announced the winners.
    It's a weird marketing strategy for sure
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Trying to huck in to 1-2' of tracked-up snow with zero vis... looks tough out there.

Video would have been the only way the judges could see more than half the run. Visibility was rough. Props to all the folks who threw down this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Kings and Queens of Corbets 2/11/20 10 am

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

Wallride was dope.

Fun shit to see. Props to all of em in low vis sending it into bomb holes.

Kind of a letdown this year after the crazy stoke of last year. Poor viz and fewer skiers. But a big part of it was knowing that Fostvedt won and seeing some of the stuff beforehand there wan't a whole lot of incentive to watch past Fostvedt's second run.

Mens podium involved serious meat hucking and big tricks. Women's winner did not have her board leave the ground and rode at a comfortable pace.

Doesn't really seem fair that the prize purses were the same.

I can't decide if I like the format or not. On one hand, it seems like the riders are having fun, and the 2 run athlete judged format seems to lend itself well to the guys that want to send it, which is fun to watch.

On the other hand, seeing person after person chuck themselves off the cornice but not even come remotely close to riding away cleanly kinda gets old. I think there were maybe 6 or 7 runs total that could be considered clean? I'm excluding the competitors that took the goat path, because those don't count. The women snowboarders really aren't very interesting to watch. I did a lot of skipping ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I can't decide if I like the format or not. On one hand, it seems like the riders are having fun, and the 2 run athlete judged format seems to lend itself well to the guys that want to send it, which is fun to watch.

On the other hand, seeing person after person chuck themselves off the cornice but not even come remotely close to riding away cleanly kinda gets old. I think there were maybe 6 or 7 runs total that could be considered clean? I'm excluding the competitors that took the goat path, because those don't count. The women snowboarders really aren't very interesting to watch. I did a lot of skipping ahead.
    At the end of the day, isnt it really just a one hit huckfest? The 2-3 hits after the drop in are cool, but those are just icing on the cake... you gotta impress on the drop in. Its ALL about the drop in to corbetts.

If im judging the comp, its a no score if you take the goatpath in. everysingle competitor understands the landing will be bombed out for their second run... thats to be 100% expected if you sign up for the comp. Taking the goatpath in is like skipping the jumps in a slopestyle comp... you are skipping the main point of the competition. Personally, i would have giving the womens win to Veronica (something) for sending the backy into the braille abyss below. Fuck yeah girl!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Mens podium involved serious meat hucking and big tricks. Women's winner did not have her board leave the ground and rode at a comfortable pace.

Doesn't really seem fair that the prize purses were the same.
    I could say the same thing about the snowboarders, and I wouldn't come across as sexist.
    I would say easily the most inspiring and marketable aspect of last year's event was the women, but the men still were paid the same.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Personally, i would have giving the womens win to Veronica (something) for sending the backy into the braille abyss below. Fuck yeah girl!
    Also she had by far the best of the women's goat path runs, and her feet did leave the ground.

also- I don't think they could give it to her for not landing the backflip since last year she won it for landing it successfully
    Last edited by powdork; 02-26-2021 at 09:40 PM.

I felt the same bout the ladies winning run. Goat path entry, a play it safe run.....watching real time I thought it was a mid shelf run and she won. Kinda weird but athlete judged so.....,