Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Crazy double and just some really big air. Cool styles and some big crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

What was up with that snowboarders 2nd run who didn't take any air at the top and then side slipped the whole landing zone?cool seeing the first female backy... Bigger balls than me

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Goat path should be illegal.
    Or at least heckled
    I know, right! Watched a good bit of the first run, pretty entertaining. Didn't see the Norwegian but Parkin's double back was so tight.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

So did anyone win?

When do they announce such things. I thought at the party last night but maybe they’re too hungover to post an update
    . . .

there's a party on I think Friday or Saturday where they choose the winners
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

They select on Friday and award the winners Saturday

jacksonhole.com/kings-queens-events
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

About 25% impressive stuff and an amazing amount of lameness. Some laps looked like a casual ski thru.

Unless you can make the slide in really dramatic, it's a fail for the comp. I liked that they built some kickers to make the lower more interesting but hey it's really all about the entry. Most barely made it thru the last jump, some landing hard on the transition.

I've seen a few kids ski it more radically than a coupla the riders did.

I'm not really a fan of dumbing down the cooler. And I would argue that dropping the west wall is more ballsy than airing the lip...

Pretty fuckin' cold once that north wind kicked in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    About 25% impressive stuff and an amazing amount of lameness. .
    Cool comp overall. I am not a fan of the whole slope style thing but the slope style / free ride combo that was this event was very cool. The judging seems like a good idea. Again a sort of combo between the whole sick bird idea and a criteria based FWT scenario. (As I understand it anyway).

But I gotta go with Django on the lameness of the field. Are these really the best riders they could muster up? And why so many knuckle draggers? They totally sucked.

I find it to be 100% fun, and about 80% unwatchable. But the athletes are who they are - JHMR isn't giving enough prize money to really justify huge names. And they don't need to. They get a shit ton of PR out of this event as is.

I was impressed with Hana Beaman's 1st attempt on the snowboarder side. Also the entire second run suffered from the lack of vis, especially the mid run stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    . Also the entire second run suffered from the lack of vis, especially the mid run stuff.
    Indeed

Anyone have a link to the VOD, results searching the internet are pulling up last years only.

Proper way to enter

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Proper way to enter

When klinger went west wall, I fully expected him to send that. But he’s old

But somewhat serially, womens want equal purse. I get that. But majority of womens went goat path, especially the boarders.

I loved the back that Hannah sent. Props. Awesome.
    She rocks.
    Even if she blew up and needed medivac, which she didn’t cause she stuck the landing, props for sending it.

But being selected for a pro event and side slipping the goat path is lame.

If women and men have equal prizes, then I say don’t have sex based categories
    Best run. Male or female or androgyne.
    Best send wins
    . . .

I was amazed at how many competitors had either never skied the cooley or had only tried it once or twice before the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Even if she blew up and needed medivac, which she didn’t cause she stuck the landing, props for sending it.

But being selected for a pro event and side slipping the goat path is lame.
    Really? It's just skiing. Who cares about some dumb send event into a Corbets especially when all the landings are bombholed after the first several drops. It's worth fucking your body up for that? Respect for those who made the wise decision and who weren't feeling it and ripped a clean line less a send into shit.

Tim D dropping the right side was a smart move. At least he had a landing zone that wasn't hammered.

The double backie by the boarder was impressive, especially since he also sent it off the 2nd jump that many people missed.

DQable events In my mind:
    Goat path
    Launching into the couloir then skipping everything else
    Not hitting at least 2 of the lower jumps
    Victory lap after a good first lap.

1. Parkin Costain
    2. Hans Mindnich
    3. Sam Kuch

1. Veronica Paulsen
    2. Arianna Tricomi
    3. Caite Zeliff

Psyched for Parkin!

Costain is another guy I've been seeing since he was a grom as my boyz came up through junior IFSA comps. Had lunch with Thing #3 (no slouch on the sticks himself) today who spoke glowingly if Costain's skills. Sick fucking trickery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I'm at 44 and big hucks are a definite no-go for me any longer. I used to huck a shit ton in my mid 20's but it's a very different world now. No interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, 44 I think. You'd be nuts to full send at that age. Not sure why even enter aside from just to be part of the scene. He has nothing to prove.
    i don't know. i think 45 was my best year (2010-11). it's super long, but starting at 7:45 it's almost all airs, and lots before
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lWg00PmtfM

at 48 i was still super bouncy, and every run was a constant search for air.

then, at 49 the tibea plateau thing happened learning to backflip. now, at 54 I have to be selective but it's still my favorite thing.

Anyone have a link to highlights? I’ve only found the entire almost four hour video.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i don't know. i think 45 was my best year (2010-11). it's super long, but starting at 7:45 it's almost all airs, and lots before
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lWg00PmtfM

at 48 i was still super bouncy, and every run was a constant search for air.

then, at 49 the tibea plateau thing happened learning to backflip. now, at 54 I have to be selective but it's still my favorite thing.
    That looks stoopid fun to me! I'd be right there with on those lines! Soft landings ftw.

You're still a dork tho

If anyone is looking for just the winning runs in the nearly 4 hour broadcast, Veronica Paulsen is at 21:30 and Parkin Costain is at 50:25 in the replay.

Reminds me of the time I was going to do a double into Corbets, but unfortunately it was closed that day so I just went for apres instead.

Me too, they never ge t that shit open when I'm all psyched to do a double...damn, at least the beer at the Moose was good.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    About 25% impressive stuff and an amazing amount of lameness.
    I heard the "king" was not from WY maybe the Treasure state way?