Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    All so true. Especially the "joint hangover." At 46 I have to do a half hour of yoga before I can move properly let alone jump up and down. Yoga, a couple of advil, and some adrenaline lets me pretend to be be 35 again for about half the day on the hill. Then its sauna, yoga, ice bath, cbd massage on my knees... to live another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Kids these days??? As one of my sister-in-laws once said to her oldest son "you're not even old enough to have hair on your balls". Let me give you a preview of 15 years from now. You'll start waking up in the morning after a long day of making turns and your body will greet you with a simple "fuck you". All those old injuries that were no big deal in your 30's...fuck you. Zipperline moguls....fuck you. Big drops onto hard landings...fuck you. 6,000' vert tours...fuck you. You get the idea. For me, getting older is a little like have a hangover in your joints, but one that never quite goes away. Question is whether we can work at staying in shape, put on our big boy pants and tell our bodies...fuck you. We're going to use the equipment that let's us cheat the most out of it and still have fun like we did in our 30's, before we were old enough to have hair on our balls.

Where is EPICSKI when you need it...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I haven't sized down on skis because of age, at 55 now and still going strong. The only thing that have had to change is goggle lens tint. Visibility is a chore for older eyes. So very light demanding. I use high vlt's in most conditions, something like chromapop storm rose. I'm not a bit disturbed by going yellow flash or HI yellow in direct sunlight. I'd rather err on the bright side. Darker lenses only apply on really sunny and bright bluebird spring days. Flatlight conditions really suck no matter what lens is in the frame. My eyes are recently checked and passed all gates, except age... Reduced visibility might lead to a need to reduce speed in some conditions, otherwise I'm hanging on to my preferred ski size as of yesterday.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

just a few weeks shy of 65,and still ski on fairly long skiis.i have shrunk down to 6'2'' inchs and weigh about 210.my everyday ski is a K2 mindbender 99 in a 184,my hard snow ski is a K2 icon 84 in 184 lenth,my first track ski is a K2 pinnacle118 in ithink a 189.with todays equipment i can ski harder and longer than when i was in my youth.i coach a seasonal program every weekend,both Sat and Sun,6hrs a day for 14 weeks.most of the skiing is either in the woods or on trails that are bumpedup.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Did you hang on to those Snow Rangers? Those were such nice skis... mine have a bunch of gear hanging from them in the garage...
    3 totally thrashed pairs and 1 pair of used twice in black. ___LOVED___ those skis.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    haven't most of you dentites been gaining 2-3 lb/yr as you age? I'd expect most to be sizing up at least waist bands.
    guilty until I go to Silverton.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My go-to's for years were a pair of the Rangers-in a 190- the last version w/white and black top sheets. I loved those things- skied the shit out of them with alpine bindings on them. Then I put Fritschis on them and toured on them for a few years after several core shots and a compressed edge. They're in my garage now near my wax bench standing guard.

Back in the 90s when I lived in Taos, my everyday ski was a Volkl P10 or P20 RS Super in a 205- all the stability you could ever need. Back then, my legs were like oak trees and I was balls-to-the wall every day I skied-and I skied every day.

At 50, I'm really liking the lighter touring skis. I'm on a Voile Hypercharger in a 185 w/G3 Ions- such a great ski. I'll bust out my Kastle 184 TX90s w/Plum Guides come this spring for the corn. Voiles are 6. 10 lbs, Kastles are sub 6 lbs w/a vertical sidewall.

For the occasional riding chairs I use mid 180 length skis: Atomic Automatic 117s in a 186, Volkl Gotamas, 183 and some Line Bacons in a 184. I guess I'm done with anything in the 190 realm but, the mid 180s fits me well.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Did you hang on to those Snow Rangers? Those were such nice skis... mine have a bunch of gear hanging from them in the garage...