Nordica Enforcer effective edge length?

I saw an enforcer 93 in the lift line and the effective edge length (the edge length with sidecut, regardless of early rise), looked extremely short.

Does this compromise carving/groomer skiing?

I know that’s not the point of the ski, but I found other skis with super-short effective edge unskiable (Rossi’s black-yellow 108mm ski, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Have skied the 100’s with same rocker and own 110’s. They rail carved turns. Short fall line turns they do ski short and you can’t drive them super hard otherwise they just come around too much. Makes for less energy in the short turns but the grip is good.

I own em. I like em. Yeah the effective edge is less than a traditional tip, flat tail ski. Yeah the stated radius is tighter than many TGR charger types deem worthy. But they can rail the groomed.
    I think they're among the most versatile 90ish waisted all mountain skis out there. If you need a whole lot more carving ability you should probably be on a different category of ski and look at proper frontside/race skis.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    I own em. I like em. Yeah the effective edge is less than a traditional tip, flat tail ski. Yeah the stated radius is tighter than many TGR charger types deem worthy. But they can rail the groomed.
    I think they're among the most versatile 90ish waisted all mountain skis out there. If you need a whole lot more carving ability you should probably be on a different category of ski and look at proper frontside/race skis.
    Seconded. The 93 rips and rails. Just enough oomph out of the tail without being too punishing.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

It's one of those skis that make you feel like you are cheating. I'm luke warm on my 185s. They are very easy to ski, and they ski much shorter than my 184 MX98s.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Anyone have an opinion in the E93 vs E100? Have the older Nordica Hell and Back 185 and may want to replace this with one of these. Have wider Praxis Q 188 for deeper days , so he 93 probably makes more sense here but I remember hearing somewhere that the 93 and 100 have a different feel, plus I'm kind of used to the 100 undefoot daily driver with the H&B (old Enforcer shape which has the more substantial flat wide tail with all the pros and cons that that brings)

I own both in the 185 length. I like the 93 better for hard snow. It is quicker edge to edge and has a little more strength/stiffness in the tail. Also feels like a little bit stronger ski all the way around.

The tail on the 100 is a bit softer. It’s better off trail but still a solid carver. I feel like I can relax more on the 100’s.

Both are high performance skis but NOT the highest performing skis. They have a speed limit. The 18.5-m sidecut can feel a bit hooky in funky snow. But they both do so much so well, there is a reason so many people ski them.

If you want a Monster 98 type of ski, these aren’t it.

Blister has a nice (free) comparison of the 93 vs the 100.
    I demoed the 93 at 177, comparing to my first generation Bonafides 180. They didn't feel particularly short. I ski slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I own both in the 185 length. I like the 93 better for hard snow. It is quicker edge to edge and has a little more strength/stiffness in the tail. Also feels like a little bit stronger ski all the way around.

The tail on the 100 is a bit softer. It’s better off trail but still a solid carver. I feel like I can relax more on the 100’s.

Both are high performance skis but NOT the highest performing skis. They have a speed limit. The 18.5-m sidecut can feel a bit hooky in funky snow. But they both do so much so well, there is a reason so many people ski them.

If you want a Monster 98 type of ski, these aren’t it.
    Thanks. Sounds good. Half the time I'd be on these would be either farting around with the kids or hitting skiied out EC trees so lack of a true charger speed limit wouldnt matter too much. The H&B is basically a slightly dialed back version of the old Mantra so may have a higher speed limit than these but the 93 sounds like it would work

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Blister has a nice (free) comparison of the 93 vs the 100.
    I demoed the 93 at 177, comparing to my first generation Bonafides 180. They didn't feel particularly short. I ski slow.
    Hi old goat. Did you feel the 177 e93 skied shorter than the 180 Bonafide (I.e. lower swing weight, easier to pivot, smear, etc)?

Actually hoping the answer is the opposite of my OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Hi old goat. Did you feel the 177 e93 skied shorter than the 180 Bonafide (I.e. lower swing weight, easier to pivot, smear, etc)?

I own the 185 Enforcer 93 and have the first gen 180 Bonafide as my rock skis. The 185 93 skis very close to the 180 Bonafide in terms of how long they feel. I would extrapolate from that data that the 177 93 skis shorter than the 180 Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post

I was skiing them on a firm groomer day so all I was doing on them was carving, or trying to. Tighter radius and better edge hold than the Bones but the Bones have a couple hundred days on them, which is why I was demoing. The difference between the two was small, in those conditions. They are definitely stiffer than the Bones when squeezed together, but again that could be the age of the Bones. They would be a groomer/bump/a little bit of fresh ski for me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was skiing them on a firm groomer day so all I was doing on them was carving, or trying to. Tighter radius and better edge hold than the Bones but the Bones have a couple hundred days on them, which is why I was demoing. The difference between the two was small, in those conditions. They are definitely stiffer than the Bones when squeezed together, but again that could be the age of the Bones. They would be a groomer/bump/a little bit of fresh ski for me.
    I had 93s for two seasons, before switching them out for 88s.

Used for groomers and proper hardpack. Skied them for 10-ish days. They softened up considerably. When flexing them this summer they felt softer than most other skis in my quiver, really noodely. Didn't really notice it while skiing though.

The 88s are seriously stiff. But not demanding at all. But I feel that the combination of the flex, tip rocker and taper makes it difficult to engage the tip and flex the skis on icy snow.

I thought the 185 100's skied shorter than 180 Bonafides. Enforcers where fun carvers, intuitive carvers. A bit soft at the tip and tail, which I didn't like in firm chop. I hear the skinner versions are stiffer.

Bonafides are just a sturdier ski. They'll pivot at low speeds, but don't come alive until you're moving a bit. Of the versions I've skied I liked the Brahma and Cochise more than the Bonafides, but that has more to do with my ski width preferences.

Didn't like the Enforcers all that much except for groomers. I'll bet they float well for a mid fat, but I don't care how a ski that width floats for the most part. But if I was picking a ski to use with small kids, I'd take the Enforcers over the others. More fun noodling around and competent enough.

I can confirm that, I’ve had a few days days on the 2016 Bonafide 180 and one day on an enforcer 100 185, also 2016, for me the enforcer 100 185 was easier and more nimble than the Bonafide even though it was longer.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I thought the 185 100's skied shorter than 180 Bonafides. Enforcers where fun carvers, intuitive carvers. A bit soft at the tip and tail, which I didn't like in firm chop. I hear the skinner versions are stiffer.

Bonafides are just a sturdier ski. They'll pivot at low speeds, but don't come alive until you're moving a bit. Of the versions I've skied I liked the Brahma and Cochise more than the Bonafides, but that has more to do with my ski width preferences.

Didn't like the Enforcers all that much except for groomers. I'll bet they float well for a mid fat, but I don't care how a ski that width floats for the most part. But if I was picking a ski to use with small kids, I'd take the Enforcers over the others. More fun noodling around and competent enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    I can confirm that, I’ve had a few days days on the 2016 Bonafide 180 and one day on an enforcer 100 185, also 2016, for me the enforcer 100 185 was easier and more nimble than the Bonafide even though it was longer.
    Yeah, absolutely. Had 187 Bonafides mounted tele a few years ago. More ski than the 93s for sure.
    The Enforcers are better carvers, nimbler on hard snow. Can't remember how the Bonafides were in crud, but they were far better than the Enforcers in powder and funky snow.

Just started a Nordica Enforcer thread with some of my thoughts since there hasn't been a centralized thread. Posted here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...04#post5896104

Nordica Enforcer effective edge length?

I don't get the love for the Bonafide over the Enforcer.
    Demoed a bunch back in 2017. The Bonafide is one ski that I did not like at all. Thought it was incredibly blah in every way. Dead, slow, planky. Do not understand why I see so many of them around. Back to back with Enforcer the Nordica was a clear winner for me.
    Maybe I don't weigh enough for the Bonafide, maybe I don't charge hard enough, maybe I don't really care why because I found a line of skis that works for me.

Bottom line there aren't many bad skis anymore but there certainly are wrong skis for any given skier. Go demo and see what you like.
    Last edited by dcpnz; 02-16-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Ever since I got on a Blizzard Flipcore ski I demoed back in 2012, I was blown away.

I can understand why some might not like them. I find them fun and generally stable, but I can understand why some think they suck at carving.

I love the Rustler 9 overall, but it is atrocious on actual ice, bordering on hazardous performance.

The Blizzards are, IMO, very forgiving and stable.

Any Blizzard Flipcore, IMO, is golden with, um, skidded turns on terrain too steep to carve safely.

Also, the Blizzards need to be skied from the center of the ski... not the front, nor the back.

When I briefly had Kastle MX88s, the next time I skied my Brahmas, I literally almost ejected forward over the skis on the first run because I’d been used to having to ski the Kastles a certain way.

Anyway, the Blizzard Flipcore collection is like TaylorMade’s M2/M4/M6/SIMMax drivers... quite literally a professional golfer and an 18 hc golfer can use the same driver and get the best results.

To that end, with technology always advancing, the pretense that skis are constructed for exclusive ability levels is—I think—not true, and I think prevents some people from getting on the best ski for them.