Dolomites (San Martino, Pordoi, Cortina) Advice

Heading to Italy for a couple weeks, lodging is booked.

Not finding much information on what to ski off the Rosetta in San Martino di Castrozza other than Val di Roda. Any advice on San Martino di Castrozza terrain our routes would be appreciated.

Moving from there to the Sella Ronda circuit and Cortina. I Will have a car, skilled ski partners, happy to skin, climb, abseil, whatever it takes, what should we ski? Been perusing the guide books by Signore Tremolada, but would be interesting to hear some impressions from the board on any particular lines or itineraries.

More importantly, where should we eat and drink? Any bar or restaurant suggestions?

All advice is good advice at this point

hey dongshow been wondering how you have been. good to see the whatever it takes. I can not help on this topic. I do have a friend that lived in Bormio last year. Probably can get some good food and drink advice. have a great trip.
    off your knees Louie

I just got back from there and skied four days with Francesco Tremolada around Corvara/Arabba and one day over in Cortina (have skied with him before six years ago), before heading over to Soelden. The Dolomites are my favorite place to ski ... Not the best season, but at least there's a base. Most everything was in play while I was there, though we sort of got screwed by intense winds that shut all the lifts down. That said, Marmolada is wind scoured at the moment. There are lots of couloirs that are obvious right off or near the tops of lifts - some with abseils and some without. Others are a bit tricky to find, even with the guide book. But there are so many options, it's hard to know where to begin. What kinds of lines are you looking for? The aspect and temperatures will be very important to take into account (i.e. spring snow on south faces, firm on north faces, etc). Right now I'd suggest having crampons, as hiking is a bit slippery without. Are you staying in the Sella Ronda area or in Cortina?

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Ranch, The Dolomites Bar in San Martino

Say hi to Loris for me.

Mike from Wales.

https://www.facebook.com/ranchthedol...pm2oODPPYhyGar

Obvious drop off Rosetta (second part of vid below)

Then skier's right which cliffs out in low snow year or tricky pick through / down climb. I skinned back out

There are lines heading towards Passo Rolle which with a short skin / bootpack access the lines skiers right of Dente Del Cimone.

The resort is heaps of fun though

Thanks for the tips, I also plan to go there.

My pleasure.

Enjoy.